New New Nano

runescapeloser22

I actually really like the new nanos. What don't you folks like about it?

The fact that Apple release a new MP3 player out each year with a minor improvement or just a cosmetic one that will break as soon as the warrantee is over and still expect consumers to pay a hefty marked up price.

eggzs.png

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really like the new nanos. What don't you folks like about it?

They look too similar too the brick iPod Mini's and they just added a new iPod Nano out. That is what turns me off.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i have a 3rd gen nano that im happy with. i haven't had any problems. Some people say they look [cabbage] and are to brickish, but they arn't that bad. they just the right size if you ask me. the clickwheel could have been a bit bigger that's my only concern.

these new nano's look terrible though. there's no way im going to get one of them.

I am definitely not an Apple fan of any kind.

iTunes still has DRM. Darwin's APSL isn't a free software license, just some crappy imitation. You can't legally install Leopard on any hardware other than that of Apple's.

They have a ways to go before they get me to buy any of their products.

C2b6gs7.png

I am definitely not an Apple fan of any kind.

iTunes still has DRM. Darwin's APSL isn't a free software license, just some crappy imitation. You can't legally install Leopard on any hardware other than that of Apple's.

They have a ways to go before they get me to buy any of their products.

Yes ... Alot of itunes stuff has DRM But not all.

The fact remains that iTunes supports DRM at all. That in itself is too much.
I wouldn't worry too much about DRM. It's very easy to crack and it's not like the entertainment industry is making any more money out of it. People are still pirating their music, films and television shows regardless.

If the people who crack DRM keep ahead, at least knowledge-wise, of the people who created the system in the first place, the entertainment industry will just end up fighting yet another losing battle. Perhaps if artists and directors put out stuff I want to listen to or watch I might buy their stuff. Don't get me wrong, I have artists that I deem good enough to purchase concert tickets, CDs etc, and I have studios and directors that create stuff that warrents the purchase of a DVD; but some stuff is just plain NOT worth buying. Some stuff I have (in particular, anime) simply isn't licensed over here so downloading it is the only way to watch it.

tl;dr getting wound up over DRM is pointless since it won't last for much longer.

who even uses itunes to download music. If i would have used itunes i would have already wasted like $250 :lol:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

If I buy an Ipod, do I have to install itunes? Thats the only thing putting me off from buying one.

No, there are plenty of programs out there that can sync with an ipod. MediaMonkey is the first to come to mind.

I use winamp, and it works well, there truely are a plethora of programs to use. Updating the firmware can only be done through itunes though i believe.

On another note, i believe the OP said that it can't be viewed on it's side so that the screen becomes widescreen, it can, it has an accelerometer, similar to the touch, which senses when it is flipped around.

Personally i have a white 60Gig ipod video 5gen with a black clickwheel running rockbox (a linux utility) instead of the normal ipod operationg system, and i didn't pay a penny for it. Basically assembelled two friend's broken ipods who had had different problems. Works perfectly.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

That's awesome, I have always wanted to put Linux on an iPod.

I haven't heard of Rockbox though, what's the difference between that and iPodlinux?

And by the way, I don't know what's the big deal about accelerometers. It's old technology, been around for years.

C2b6gs7.png

Tbh. I think they look great. 5 months ago i would have bought it when my "wide and fat" Nano broke (it fell in the water actually) but then i bought a zen and i love the fact that i am free from i tunes. and because of itunes i have to clean my music library every 2 weeks or so cuz i will have duplicated or even triplicated songs. I always loved Ipods they look great and they have features a lot of regular mp3 players (i know an ipod is a regular mp3 player, keep your flaming and pms for you, thank you) so what was i saying...Oh yea. Ipods got a lot of features regular mp3s don't have. BUT itunes is a huge no-no

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

Ok, I'm getting really tired of people taking a shot at iPods because they think they're cool and nonconformist for doing so. It's a damn MP3 player. If you don't like it, buy whatever brand you'd rather be a mindless consumer of. You're no better for buying some other brand. You're just what you hate, but with a different company.

But Apple does have a big mindless consumer base. One day, Steve Jobs will flip a switch and all iPod/Apple users will overthrow their local governments and will start a new Jobs Empire. We must stop them now!

Ok, I'm getting really tired of people taking a shot at iPods because they think they're cool and nonconformist for doing so. It's a damn MP3 player. If you don't like it, buy whatever brand you'd rather be a mindless consumer of. You're no better for buying some other brand. You're just what you hate, but with a different company.

But Apple does have a big mindless consumer base. One day, Steve Jobs will flip a switch and all iPod/Apple users will overthrow their local governments and will start a new Jobs Empire. We must stop them now!

I'll get the Hacksaws!!!

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

I think they look really good actually. I wouldn't buy one, their memory capacity is still a little low for me, but I like the sound of the "Genius" feature (if it works) and shaking to shuffle songs.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I have never owned an iPod, and most likely never will, as my 4GB creative zen V Plus, which cost me half as much as an iPod nano of the same size, serves the purpose of allowing me to listen to music on the move perfectly well

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Shake to shuffle your tunes... why? What's wrong with a few clicks of the Menu button and spending all 5 seconds of your time scrolling down to "Shuffle songs"?

A new shape... what's wrong with selling a case for the Nanos that already exist? Why make us pay a fortune for a whole new iPod just so we can have the shape?

A "Genius" feature... I can make a playlist perfectly well by myself. Why do I get the feeling this feature will come with a friendly "Inside the Apple store" section too?

This is a pointless gimmick - and I say that as someone who owns a 3G Nano. Nothing on this is something that can't already be done with a few minutes of uninterrupted attention. (Hmm... Maybe THAT's why these things sell so well with students...)

Meh. They dont look too bad. I like the accelorometer feature thing. Also more memory, and now they come in more colors. :thumbsup:

...So, whats so bad about them again? If you don't like it, stick to your own iPod/MP3/thingamabob. (Imo iPod Classic rocks all :] )

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]