15 September 2008 - Summer's End

psvstef

15 September 2008 - Summer's End

Those who have completed Spirit of Summer will know that their work is half done. The Spirit Beast has begun to tear through the fabric of reality and threatens to lay waste to RuneScape. Summer and her family can't stop it alone, so you're needed to confront this powerful enemy.

Brave warriors who are courageous (or foolhardy) enough to take on such a challenge will be required to venture once more into the Wilderness, crossing into the Spirit Beast's realm. Here, you'll be the main thrust of a devastating attack on the beast. If you hope to survive, you'll need the Amulet of Ghostspeak, help from the spirit family, and plenty of food and run energy...

Summary

Where to start the Summer's End quest:

Talk to Summer in the farm ruins, north-west of the Clan Wars challenge hall.

Requirements to complete the Summer's End quest:

Level 23 Summoning

Level 23 Woodcutting

Level 35 Hunter

Level 45 Mining

Level 47 Firemaking

Level 55 Prayer

Spirit of Summer

The ability to evade the blows of a level 700+ beast

A fairly high Hitpoints level and a higher Woodcutting level are an advantage

Access to:

Some interesting new equipment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Other News:

The skillcape issue (where they appeared slightly off-white) took a little longer than usual to fix, as we found clipping and stretching issues in the QA testing process. Your skillcapes should now be cleaned and back to their original colours.

There is now a button below the World Map key that helps you to organise the key and how it is ordered. You can now toggle between the following options:

Traditional: this is the current, unsorted list of key icons.

Alphabetical: A-Z for finding what you're after easily.

Categorised: splits the key up into the following subcategories

'Game Features' such as quest icons or minigames.

'Shops/Trading' where you can buy or sell goods.

'Facilities' useful to help you with your adventures or training.

'Resources' such as tree locations or mining sites.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 700 beast... no problem. I've tanked against kril and he's easy if you know when to eat. ;)

That interesting new equipment may be some sort of spirit wear. I'll do the quest this afternoon (already in GWD with full kc).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Looks interesting, I'll wait to hear the rewards before I do it though, I wasn't such a fan of the first quest.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

wat cape is that guy wearing in the pic

Looks like Legend's cape, it could look slightly darker because the picture is in high detail and the spirit world (if I remember) make things a bit darker on the screen.

It could also be the freminnik gray cloak.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Holy moly, the new shields are on the G.E and their prices are insane. You can view them on the G.E ingame, but it says "This item cannot be currently traded on the Grand Exchange", however if you view them on Grand Exchange Database they show up.

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=13734

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=13736

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=13738

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=13744

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=13742

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=13740

Notice the prices? 250k for Spirit Shield, 15.3m for Blessed Spirit Shield, 65.3m for Arcane Spirit Shield and Spectral Spirit Shield and 85.3m for Divine Spirit Shield and Elysion Spirit Shield!!

blazesigbq9.jpg

probably a prayer based item, but whatever as long as jagex releases new content its fine with me

divine spirit shield

An ethereal shield with a divine sigil attached to it.

Current market price range:

Minimum price: 76.7m Market price: 85.3m Maximum price: 93.8m

I hope those prices are wrong.

Would be nice for a quester to be able to make lots of money, but this quest has low reqs.

we dont know how to get them, but i do agree in 2 aspects of. It would be nice to get that much $ or, more importantly to me that amount of $ is somewhat relative to the shield being "good" and if it can be gotten for free. Great.

Wow insane prices. Now watch the dfs drop -.-

Some kids in acidy were buying them up, so I expect the crash to be even worse than expected :roll:

Dumped mine as well as GS's (2 handed) :D

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I hope those prices are wrong.

Would be nice for a quester to be able to make lots of money, but this quest has low reqs.

we dont know how to get them, but i do agree in 2 aspects of. It would be nice to get that much $ or, more importantly to me that amount of $ is somewhat relative to the shield being "good" and if it can be gotten for free. Great.

Well not "free". Any decent item in the game is obtained through combat. An item is released and every high level adds to there already high bank balance by farming the item. GWD, DFH, DFS etc. etc. Now I'm a high level but I still hate the idea of PC Product noobs who only ever train combat getting a monopoly on all the best stuff.

Whereas whack a 250qp quest requirement on a quest to open a new dungeon to obtain expensive shields as drops, kinda evens the balance a little bit.

My issue is if this quest is that sorta quest, the reqs are far far too low. Only 1 otherquest prequisite and reasonabley low levels.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I fail to see how these shields can be better than a shield that is capable of frying your opponent.

DFS was bought for its def stats not its seldom used spec. Wonder what this shields stats will be like.. tyhe most expensive one is now the most expensive useful combat item in game (3a player prices don't count)

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I fail to see how these shields can be better than a shield that is capable of frying your opponent.

Considering the top one requires 85 smithing and 90 prayer to make, and then 70 prayer, 65 magic and 75 defence to equip and costs 85.3m according to the G.E, I should hope it is at LEAST 10 times better than a DFS.

blazesigbq9.jpg