Defender Of Varrock - 29th September 2008

@Dan3HitU

The zombies that I killed all seemed to drop charms pretty much every time, and a pretty even spread. I even got a blue charm in like.. 5 total kills. Also they're undead so a salve ammy works well. I think this might be a new great place to get charms.
Plus they drop natures, cosmics, bloods, herbs, noted pure ess, and noted oak planks. To me, this sounds like some sweet loot for monsters so easily killed and readily available.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm most surprised about is the fact that no one has mentioned the locked door at the zombie army base. Come on...it's a locked door! That usually means super speculative ideas!

They obviously are looking towards a sequel for this quest as well; seeing as the "ritual" wasn't completed, the door is locked, and we have yet to battle/free Arrav.

dont forget the caved in tunnel @ the sacred forge

oh jagex spared no speculation this update ;)

seriously enough with the inaccessible doors already >_<

203rd to 99 farming

Morionic_guy-Kaldra_Champ.gif

What I'm most surprised about is the fact that no one has mentioned the locked door at the zombie army base. Come on...it's a locked door! That usually means super speculative ideas!

They obviously are looking towards a sequel for this quest as well; seeing as the "ritual" wasn't completed, the door is locked, and we have yet to battle/free Arrav.

dont forget the caved in tunnel @ the sacred forge

oh jagex spared no speculation this update ;)

seriously enough with the inaccessible doors already >_<

Oh how could I forget about the tunnel :roll: ....First thought I got was "Oh, another city?....I should stock up on more redberry pies."

I think Jagex thrives off closed doors. -.-

I am nice. . .

I give this quest a 6.2 out of 10. It was almost embarrassingly short, your character played not but a supporting role, the rewards were all exp based, and there was little new information shared. I expected, due to the fact that this was an organized attack on the oldest established city of Runescape, that this quest would be a little longer and a bit more epic. Alas!, I was disappointed. The requirements, the copious amount of quests and vast range of skills, reinforced my expectation. In short, though the quest would be good, due to the content contained within I feel it fell a bit short.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

15K Hunter exp and 10K Mining exp, plus a 1K lamp? Reason enough for me to do the quest tbh. :)

I don't understand people like yourself (not trying to be offensive).

If you work out how long it takes for you to do the quest, in that time you could of had double the exp in each of those skills and that's generally the case for every quest.

What is there to understand? I hate training Mining and Hunter so some free exp for doing a quest is a nice reward. I don't really care if I could get double the exp, why should I do something I don't like in a game? :roll:

I don't understand people like you, who have to analyse every single piece of data in the game and try to enforce your ridiculous views onto other people.

Force I had reqs for a quest like this.

Everyone is forgetting another important reward: 10(?) songs.

Only 20 left for emote now. I agree this quest should have been more epic, but story wise it was decent, am glad I didn't get any items as my bank is fit to burst already. Time to move more stuff to my POH (I hate doing that for stuff I use).

Only 20 left for emote now. I agree this quest should have been more epic, but story wise it was decent, am glad I didn't get any items as my bank is fit to burst already. Time to move more stuff to my POH (I hate doing that for stuff I use).

4 songs.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

4 songs.

Only way tog et 10 songs from it is if u have not previous searched the wildy throughly tbf.

Only new songs are the the one in the new dungeon, Camdoozal one, dream theatre (looking into the forge) aannnd defender of varrock in the zombie infested castle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

it was a good quest, fun, a little confusing at times and kind of long but overall i enjoyed it, reqs werent too bad either

[hide=WARNING]I wont say the exact rewards here, but i was fairly happy, the xp reward was almost 50k total, in some annoying skills too :)

2 quest points was fair i thought :)

Several songs too :)[/hide]

EDIT: well it seems that the rewards are already known, w/e

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

15K Hunter exp and 10K Mining exp, plus a 1K lamp? Reason enough for me to do the quest tbh. :)

If you work out how long it takes for you to do the quest, in that time you could of had double the exp in each of those skills and that's generally the case for every quest.

What is there to understand? I hate training Mining and Hunter so some free exp for doing a quest is a nice reward. I don't really care if I could get double the exp, why should I do something I don't like in a game? :roll:

I don't understand people like you, who have to analyse every single piece of data in the game and try to enforce your ridiculous views onto other people.

Don't forget that each new quest adds quest points to your total, which in turn increases your time at Tears of Guthix every week. Those points/seconds add up, and contribute much-needed EXP to your worst skills.

stormveritas.png

Quest was fun I enjoyed it! :thumbup:

I also plan on camping at the zombies for some easy planks. ::'

Forget easy planks, easy charms ftw. :thumbup:

Oh and the quest got me to 60 hunter. It's a good guy, in my book. :D

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Don't forget that each new quest adds quest points to your total, which in turn increases your time at Tears of Guthix every week. Those points/seconds add up, and contribute much-needed EXP to your worst skills.

Actually since the start of 08 tears of guthix max time has not increased. Instead each new quest point simply means 1 qp is worth less time there so those quest points addition simply mantain your current tears time

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Actually since the start of 08 tears of guthix max time has not increased. Instead each new quest point simply means 1 qp is worth less time there so those quest points addition simply mantain your current tears time

Yep.

Also QP is used for trade limits and I would hazard a guess that the upcoming uber quest (only 5 away if it is 150) will have a high QP requirement for part, if not all, of it.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

perhaps when theres enough of these high req hard quest eg rocking out

That really can't be completed without serious effort Jagex will up the trade limit.

Eg once there 50 or so hard to get qp max qp will give like 50k or 100k trade limit

Plv6Dz6.jpg

perhaps when theres enough of these high req hard quest eg rocking out

That really can't be completed without serious effort Jagex will up the trade limit.

Eg once there 50 or so hard to get qp max qp will give like 50k or 100k trade limit

I dream of the day when 1,000 qp = 1 mil trade limit.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

So there WAS a thread for the update! :oops:

*gets the urge to advertise*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-4o_QN-oY

Also, here is a picture of the locked door, jagex really like their doors. :wall:

Untitled51170.png

ok, is there anything i need to do first to talk to Captian Rovin because whenever i talk to him it say "I herd u actually managed to kill that demon. I wasnt sure u had it in you" and i say something like i only sent it back to its demention, but thats it, he wont talk about the quest or anything, i have all the requirements and ive done all the quests up until this one, has anyone experienced this? :wall:

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

Also, here is a picture of the locked door, jagex really like their doors. :wall:

Because who doesn't love mysterious doors? Mithril Door, Frozen Door, trapdoor by the GE (has the word door in it, so I say it counts), and now this :D

(though nothing beat the mysterious random door that was on a random piece of land in the water to the west of the wilderness in classic, lol)

Wonder what it will lead to. We'll probably not know for a long time :P

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Because who doesn't love mysterious doors? Mithril Door, Frozen Door, trapdoor by the GE (has the word door in it, so I say it counts), and now this :D

(though nothing beat the mysterious random door that was on a random piece of land in the water to the west of the wilderness in classic, lol)

You forget the body door in elemental workshop

And the two collapsed tunnels in Camdoozal that no-ones mentioned yet

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You forget the body door in elemental workshop

And the two collapsed tunnels in Camdoozal that no-ones mentioned yet

And the trapdoor 'scenery' of the runecrafting guild, and the door/gate on Ape Atoll, and god knows what else there is! :lol:

Dark_Jab.png