Perfect Time to buy Sharks & Super Sets?

craven_range

What's up with these threads....

It's investment thing, not a discussion.

+ Your asking a question>Questionaries...or Help and Advice.

+ It's obvious that ever1 is buying stuff to invest in.

I get the feeling that everyone is hoarding their sharks, super sets, etc, till the big update. Once it happens, ALL of it is going to flood the GE, causing what could be a temporary crash.

I've been trying to buy Prayer Potions and Super Strengths at max to no avail.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

They can only go up so far. Have you merchanted successfully before on a mass scale such as this? If not, I would not suggest it as it is far to risky.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I think Cottage is right. If you wanted to get the most profit, you should have started to stock up on items last month, rather than now. However, I am sure that a profit still can be made, if you manage to buy any...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I tried investing in them a while ago but once it's too late, it's too late. And right now, basically everyone and their dog is buying them, so i've given up. I'm just gonna stick to d b axe + restore pot atleast for the super str boost, idk about the super atk and def boost :?

2vuhgcn.png

(17:55:21) -[WC]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: Results: 3 | [M] Shark: 952gp (Today: +35gp) | [M] Raw shark: 1,048gp (Today: +27gp)

(17:55:59) -[WC]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: Results: 6 | [M] Super strength(1): 1,171gp (Today: +53gp) | [M] Super strength(2): 2,343gp (Today: +107gp) | [M] Super strength(3): 3,515gp (Today: +161gp) | [M] Super strength(4): 4,686gp (Today: +214gp)

Looking at the grand exchange trends I would say that it is definately a good time to invest in these items. Str pots have been rising since the 25th but the sharks only since october 1st.

I reccomend buying a couple hundred super strengths now and see how they do in the next week. If they go up any more then buy more.

]

my default stock (aka life's supply) of potions is a quite a few mil, so if they ever go rapidly up i'll sell them (like I did to sara brews, sold 2K of them at their max... lol) then buy them back when they get back to normal

but yeah it's kinda late... i'd look for some other things to invest in related to the update... currently have like 100M in random things

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If I were to do anything, I'd start FISHING sharks, not buying them. FAR more profit and you get xp as well \'

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I just hate that the price of Slaying is going up because of all this. -.-

Not necessarily... antifire pots are dirt cheap, you can use a d b axe for its spec and use a restore pot (around 50gp) saving you thousands on super str's, and you just have to worry about super atk and def pots. (even if worse comes to worse and you can't buy the super atk's on the G.E, just buy the herbs and make the pots yourself, that way it's like paying for a super str pot anyway, but you're also getting herblore exp, it's a win-win \' )

Not to mention the cheap prices of bandos, dfs and full guthan. Oh yes and people can use bunyips and ponies (never got the chance before 99 slayer -_-) When I trained slay they weren't these prices and we didn't have familiars to help us out either. Believe me, you got it lucky ::'

2vuhgcn.png

The fishers are gonna be able to turn a nice profit. On my road to 99 I have been non stop fishing and I have noticed raw sharks shooting up fast. Just yesterday raw sharks shot up by 100 gp ea. Sharks haven't been that high for months.

Though this will be a bad time to go for my fire cape, because if I fail I have to pay loads for another attempt. Though right now I have all the supplies in my bank which I bought a few months back.

I'm definatly investing though I think people are buying more potions etc. right now than will be needed after the update. Therefore I think the prices will go up till a few days after the update, after that the supply will be higher than the demand and the prices will go down again. Just what I'm thinking though

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

I've been saving up sharks and super sets for months now (or however long it was since PvP was announced) as have all decent merchanters/investers. You could still probably make a tidy profit by buying now, but the time for huge profit is long gone.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I get the feeling that everyone is hoarding their sharks, super sets, etc, till the big update. Once it happens, ALL of it is going to flood the GE, causing what could be a temporary crash.

Actually ahh no... Its not likely to crash, its likely to boom and cost heaps.. thats the point of hoarding.. or else I would wait till the "crash" and then buy cheap sharks...

Are you American?

:/

sig.gif

Crazy Old Man.

R.I.P The Old Nite. My Mentor and Brother.

He taught me how to play the game.

Actually ahh no... Its not likely to crash, its likely to boom and cost heaps.. thats the point of hoarding.. or else I would wait till the "crash" and then buy cheap sharks...

Are you American?

i agree with Morningrise, because with the large quantities of food/pots enetering the market, there will be more supply than demand (atleast for a little while) therefore the prices will crash, but may steady as PvPers need more items

zaverak.png

zaverak.png

------------------

Barrows: 1x Guthans Spear, 1x Dharoaks Body, 1x Dharoaks Helmet.

Dragon: 1x Dragon Med

Are you American?

i agree with Morningrise, because with the large quantities of food/pots enetering the market, there will be more supply than demand (atleast for a little while) therefore the prices will crash, but may steady as PvPers need more items

Couldn't have said it better myself, except for putting the quote codes correct.

Overall, the crash might lower the prices a bit to normal prices then PvP will heightened them back up.

Are you American?

Couldn't have said it better myself, except for putting the quote codes correct.

Overall, the crash might lower the prices a bit to normal prices then PvP will heightened them back up.

I will be watching prices carefully, when (if) prices hit bottom, then I buy up and sell when demand rises again.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.