Uber High LVL Forum! Apply now! 99 everything! Nice life, to

Wkw

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that you do not have to have completely maxed stats to know what it's like? How to get there? What those players are able to do with what they have? You know, I know, we all know exactly what they know, they just have more time?

I personally am not so naive to think that I have the same knowledge and experience as a maxed player.

Zarfot is a great example. All you have to do is look at his extremely comprehensive collection of guides on the RSOF to know that he's far more knowledgeable on the subject of Runescape than any one of us. The difference between him and a lot of other maxed players is that he's written guides on his methods.

Please, show me a player who does not have maxed stats that can compare to the level at which these people play the game.

+1.

If you had to guess which player had more knowledge of Runescape between someone with 1500 total and a maxed player, who would you pick?

What about players who have been playing for a long time. Usually if someone has been playing for a long time they have tried a little bit of everything. From pking to skilling. The only thing there would be that forum would be filled with "bring wildy back pl0x" threads.

If you had to *GUESS* which would you pick? high level or low level? High level, obviously. Jagex can't waste time spending hours hand picking players based on their knowledge(which by the way, they can't measure) so they picked the group of players who are most likely to give knowledgeable and well constructed feedback regarding small aspects of the game which may get overlooked by the average 'scaper.

sig.png

They should include the top 5 players of each skill too(and all 200M's), so I can post on it. ;)

And just so you know, I'm all for the kamehameha spell.

Actually I wouldn't be against that. I would agree that if you're in the top five for a skill, you probably know pretty damn well how to train that skill.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

They should include the top 5 players of each skill too(and all 200M's), so I can post on it. ;)

Actually I wouldn't be against that. I would agree that if you're in the top five for a skill, you probably know pretty damn well how to train that skill.

In my opinion the "sick high lvl guys" should be the guys who should be be able to say who's alloud to get in and who isn't.

They probably know intelligent guys with good idea's during their ingame experience.

I'm for this change in the RSOF. Like it or not, a select group of players means a lot less chaff to sift throw to get the wheat. One only has to look at the implemented ideas in game from the High Level Content sticky thread from two years ago to see that smaller group of sound ideas beat out having to grind your days away bumping a thread in the Suggestion thread.

Now, I hope something of the following occurs:

1. Posting privileges to those with - XXXX skill total level or XXXX total XP (as posted, getting 99 in all is as arbitrary as getting 200 million in 3 skills and 85 in all others). I don't think that a pool of 75 players is large enough for sound ideas and debate on them. Jagex should make the available pool be 1000 players, which I assume only 10% of them (100) will actually post and debate on subjects.

2. Viewing privileges to those with - XX months of active membership (Actually, I'm for these guys having posting privileges), XXX skill total or total xp (maybe to the 10k limit of players), top 20 in any skill, top 20 in any sub-game total (The top 20 I'm actually for having posting privileges also). These guys are likely to be friends with the ones with posting privileges. It's good to have guys that can bring attention to good threads to their friends.

I see the above occurring over time. Jagex is starting slow and seeing where it's heading I'm sure. Truth be told, something like this should have happened long ago.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I'm a uber high player :(

No you're not.

LOL PWNT

On Topic: I guess it's pretty cool if they give them decent feedback, but more then likely it will be. "WE NEED HARDER QUEST, MONSTERS, ETC."

Always complaining how the game is easy.

LOL PWNT

On Topic: I guess it's pretty cool if they give them decent feedback, but more then likely it will be. "WE NEED HARDER QUEST, MONSTERS, ETC."

Always complaining how the game is easy.

Ofcourse you've gotten this information by talking to the guys that have all skills at 99.

Another point I will make is that you don't need to be maxed to know that the Grand Exchange is extremely flawed, LootShare is extremely flawed, CoinShare is extremely flawed, the way Summoning familiars fight is extremely flawed, etc. Most of the problems with/in RuneScape have nothing to do with skills at all.

Edit: I guess you could substitute in the word "obviously" in place of "extremely" since some of the flawws aren't very major and wouldn't take much to fix but they are painfully obvious.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Not one of those things you just mentioned are 'extremely' flawed. The g.E is slightly flawed with the price limits and some item limits a bit too high/low, but thats roughly it. Coinshare,lootshare, and familiars fighting are all pretty fine, if they were 'extremely' flawed, none of these updates would have gone unchanged for almost a year.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Not one of those things you just mentioned are 'extremely' flawed. The g.E is slightly flawed with the price limits and some item limits a bit too high/low, but thats roughly it. Coinshare,lootshare, and familiars fighting are all pretty fine, if they were 'extremely' flawed, none of these updates would have gone unchanged for almost a year.

Junk Trading exists. Therefore, GE is extremely, extremely flawed.

Players choose to use Lootshare instead of Coinshare for new bosses, and not because they don't want to share loot, but because Coinshare rips them all off far more. Coinshare is extremely flawed.

Just because Jagex is optimistic enough to think this is "fine" doesn't mean that it really is. Jagex is notoriously bad at recognizing a poorly designed game feature.

EDIT: If you want proof of this, there are many things that were horribly flawed that took Jagex months to fix.

Veracs was unable to hit through prayer in barrows for quite a while. The infamous Saradomin safespot existed since the creation of the GWD and wasn't removed for many, many months. I'm sure if you look through the news archive, you'll find similar cases. Jagex doesn't always recognize and fix "extremely flawed" features in a timely fashion.

I think the GE, lootshare etc remarks show us exactly why they started that forum.

They are probably (I don't work for Jagex so I am not sure) looking for some decent suggestions how to improve skills and how to maintain high level members. As far as I know Runescape is the only MMRPG that does not have high end content. It's high time they listen to the people who have been there and done that.

Bings_Wife.png

Every level from 1-99 brings new knowledge, most/some of the time. From 13m-200m xp, you learn nothing.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Every level from 1-99 brings new knowledge, most/some of the time. From 13m-200m xp, you learn nothing.

That my friend is simply not true. Yes, you learn new ways to utilize until 99, after it you learn to perfect it. I'm all for viewing rights and all that, but seriously, just have a small group of elite players post the good suggestions there, maybe have a poll on them so the viewing players can vote if it is a good idea or not.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

From what i know there is no mention of the things discussed in the forum having to be kept confidential so i'll post one of the replies from the J-Mods for you all to see.

jmodconfirm.png

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

And how many players with those stats still use the RSOF? :roll:

Oh yeah... #-o

And how many players will now use the RSOF because they now have a quiet place to chat? :roll:

Oh yeah... #-o

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Just seems like everyone doesn't want to realize that they aren't going to get into that forum. I know they may not know everything, but after 600+ million experience they obviously know how to play the game and earn enough money to get their levels maxed out.