Is there a point? Is there a reason to live or die?

No_99_Melee

Here are my personal beliefs:

There is a race of alien beings. They are in a universe a world larger than ours. In other words, we are like subatomic particles to them. When one of them looks at us, it is like us looking at a tiny atom.

The alien's top scientists are experimenting. Experimenting to see how long it takes us to become "self-aware". One billion years to us is maybe one nanosecond to them. They see us and other alien species living in our world. They are timing to see how long it takes from us to become "self-aware" and "get out" of our world. This could involve us flying to the center of the universe, learning the secret of teleportation, or discovering magic. The greater aliens are doing this to discover the origins of their own world. But perhaps their own world is the same, only an experiment. The universe is infinite. Maybe even larger than infinite. It is impossible to know anything for sure.

For those wondering, I am not under the influence of any controlled substances.

Ok, maybe I don't actually believe this, but it's just as valid as Christianity. I am actually an atheist who thinks the meaning of the universe is the search for knowledge!

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

riiight...

meh i just wont bother with the atheists today -.-

i pissed off one of em today (and yes hes my friend, and yes...Catholics and Atheists can still be friends -.-)

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

There is a race of alien beings. They are in a universe a world larger than ours. In other words, we are like subatomic particles to them. When one of them looks at us, it is like us looking at a tiny atom.

The alien's top scientists are experimenting. Experimenting to see how long it takes us to become "self-aware". One billion years to us is maybe one nanosecond to them. They see us and other alien species living in our world. They are timing to see how long it takes from us to become "self-aware" and "get out" of our world. This could involve us flying to the center of the universe, learning the secret of teleportation, or discovering magic. The greater aliens are doing this to discover the origins of their own world. But perhaps their own world is the same, only an experiment. The universe is infinite. Maybe even larger than infinite. It is impossible to know anything for sure.

Ok, maybe I don't actually believe this, but it's just as valid as Christianity. I am actually an atheist who thinks the meaning of the universe is the search for knowledge!

Oh ok, I was about to say 'scientologist!' and really, it's not.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Procreation.

Get off the computer and start [bleep]ing, damnit.

I lol'd harder than I should have done.

But the guy has a point - and also, a good enough reason to live is to just make a positive impression on those around you. Who really cares if it's forgotten? As long as you are happy with what you've done with your life, it shouldn't matter whether it's forgotten or remembered.

At first I thought this was some sort of suicide topic, and I doubt I'm the only one. >:\

Good old Nihilism.

It's very easy to ask "what's the point of everything?", and many people do. However it's not really worth the effort to try and figure it out, because there isn't a simple answer.

that and nice new siggy u got there <3:

Is there a reason to live or die?

yes there is a reason to live, first off emo kids kill themselves and no one likes emo kids, that and living is fun even if your life stinks like cabbage just change and make it better.

remember no one likes emo kids

Please NEVER assume that you can say something on be half of everyone ever again unless your are 100% sure about it.

I have nothing against emo kids and I'm not emo so then at least one person likes emo kids then.

Also just so ya know not all emo kids kill themselves or even cut themselves.

howlin1eeveesig.png

• 3 months later...

An alient ant farm, so to speak.

I had/have the exact same ideaology.

Currently taking classes in Nihilism from my spiritied English teacher. (yes, oxymoron)

Reading the Myth of Sisyphus by Camus.

Very interesting on this topic.

The book essentially concludes that:

The joy of living is in living itself.

By the way its a analytical non-fiction.

On a side note:

Camus is the most hilarious nihilist you've probably ever heard of.

He quoted Kafka's works as being insufficent to explore nihilism, as they

"Always contained a glimmer of hope" :lol:

Create something to live for, simple enough. If you can't think of anything you would live for, well think of something or someone you would die for and live for that/them.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Up until tonight, I really didn't have too much to live for, really, or so I thought. I live now, if only to help others, and even if to live for the ones I truly care about. There's friends who I just don't want to lose, so I'll live, even if for that. This weekend showed me that I truly cared about people I truly have feelings for anyhow. Look, even if you live, live life, even if for yourself, or for the ones you care about.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The book essentially concludes that:

The joy of living is in living itself.

I like that philosophy. Although it's great to have hopes and dreams for the future, it's the journey and just living in the moment which is half the fun.

If you don't think theres a reason to live, stop living.

If you can think of any reason you shouldn't kill yourself, theres a reason to live.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Why? Why not think there's no point in living, but just making the best of it, while you're here? I don't think live has a point at all. But I damn well not going to kill myself.

If you can think of any reason you shouldn't kill yourself, theres a reason to live.

Those are personal feelings toward life. What does that say about the general, universal question if there is an actual, factual generalizable reason to life?

Why? Why not think there's no point in living, but just making the best of it, while you're here? I don't think live has a point at all. But I damn well not going to kill myself.

Those are personal feelings toward life. What does that say about the general, universal question if there is an actual, factual generalizable reason to life?

Ohh right, we're talking about if life is important to the universe at all arn't we... Mistook the title I think.

Heh nevermind then, I have to agree with you.

I just don't think there is a point to life, rather then enjoying your time while you're here.

I don't see there being a factual reason to life.

Theres a point to life, but no reason we live or die.

(makes sense to me, anyway)

Doomy edit: I like sheep