October 15th 2008 - PVP Worlds + Game Log In Improvements

darkjab

I litteraly detest the GE right now

Try buying some sharks or dragon daggers to pk with, you will probably see your offer returned in the next week or so <_<

*rages onward, while getting killed because of monkfish being my main food now*

The fish market stagnated without PKing, now it's going to boom. Just wait for production to catch up with demand.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat Level Changes

On a PvP World, the combat levels will work the way they have since the PvP World update. On non-PvP Worlds, they will work like they did before the update, except for Bounty Hunter (including around the crater entrances) where you will always use your combat level without Summoning, regardless of whether you have access to a familiar or not.

Kill Changes

Whoever did the most damage to the victim will still get the loot as long as they are within viewing distance of the target when it dies. If the killer is too far away at the time of death, the loot will be given to whoever dealt the finishing blow.

Additionally, we have also fixed the magic interface, so there should no longer be a random blank space in there.

Quick find code: 15-16-497-57754319

the new update

So can I now use the medium BH crater again ?

britonlongbo.png

Corrupt dragon have no special attacks?

spearbk8.png

It started degrading when I equipped it

I'm going to put an offer on GE for the corrupt dragon battleaxe. If none of the weapons have specials, then the baxe is the best KO weapon in f2p.

It may also just be spear, seeing as spears cause stun, and stun has never been seen on f2p before. Although I guess it's possible that none of them have specials. And wouldn't 2Hander be the best K0 weapon on f2p? Or is that not available corrupted?

EDIT: Never mind, there's no corrupt D2H. :(

pjers run rampage -.-
Odd really considering all the controls Jagex put in place. Its probably because they are just experimenting atm cus its new. PJers wont ever get anything good and will probably cease soon.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Try buying some sharks or dragon daggers to pk with, you will probably see your offer returned in the next week or so <_<

Forums?

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

Forums?

Its not that, its just the demand is so great right now, there are simply not enough sharks available right now at the rate people are losing/consuming them. It takes 10-20 mins to fish a full load of sharks, and less than 2 mins to use/lose a full load.

Give us skillers a week or two and things should start to return to normal, just going to take some time to reach the current demands.

dawnsigblue-3.png

The fish market stagnated without PKing, now it's going to boom. Just wait for production to catch up with demand.

FISH.... FASTER \' .

And to the people saying that I should buy my dd's from a store, well I could. OR I could get it from the G-E while whining about it :D

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Combat Level Changes

On a PvP World, the combat levels will work the way they have since the PvP World update. On non-PvP Worlds, they will work like they did before the update, except for Bounty Hunter (including around the crater entrances) where you will always use your combat level without Summoning, regardless of whether you have access to a familiar or not.

Either I'm reading this wrong or basically what they're saying is Summoning doesn't effect Combat in BH?

I can use a Steel Titan and be Level 112 (not 124) in BH?

Combat Level Changes

Either I'm reading this wrong or basically what they're saying is Summoning doesn't effect Combat in BH?

i thought you can't use summoning in BH?

i don't know,but that's what i thought.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Combat Level Changes

Yes.

Summoning no longer effects combat in BH, since you cannot use summon in BH anyways. It makes more sense this way, since its not a level available to you to use inside BH.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Combat Level Changes

Yes.

Summoning no longer effects combat in BH, since you cannot use summon in BH anyways. It makes more sense this way, since its not a level available to you to use inside BH.

Sweet I'm back in middle crater, purchase an AGS and the vids will start rolling in... I think lol.

Wow, we need more [cabbage] that has a time limit to it like barrows and fog items

and how original with the f2p corrupt dragon loot...good job jagex

so far the pvp suck massive @**, at least the loot system does

wtf is with the 75k thing?

you need to risk a hell of a lot more worth to get a kill...

decent pking stuff might include rune armour, a whip, a dds...well over 75k

so wtf is with the 75k threshold

Wow, we need more [cabbage] that has a time limit to it like barrows and fog items

Maybe you havent noticed, but there are players out there with 45 combat that love to pk, the dont wear whips and rune armour. If anything, its too high since youll basicly need at least 2 pieces of rune or 2/1 dragon items plus the items you are protecting (or some mystic). With addy or dragonhide, you just wont hit the threshold. Which stinks, the threshold should really be based upon the persons level.

I think the update has really put some excitement back into rs when you get bored of skilling or doing slayer. Nothing like killing the slayers and people you compete against.

I think many P2P people barely wear dragon armor considering the superiority of Barrows armor and Bandos, why not let F2P have a taste of corrupt dragon armor so they want to get P2P.

On the loot system, I think there are still some bugs to work out, but 75k really isn't that much considering what food, armor, amulets and a KO weapon costs.

If you haven't seen any good drops, you should look through this thread and on the Player Killing Forum and see what some people have been getting, you'd be surprised.

I don't think that this Player Vs Player is without its imperfections, but I do think it is a huge step bringing it back.

Maybe you havent noticed, but there are players out there with 45 combat that love to pk, the dont wear whips and rune armour. If anything, its too high since youll basicly need at least 2 pieces of rune or 2/1 dragon items plus the items you are protecting (or some mystic). With addy or dragonhide, you just wont hit the threshold. Which stinks, the threshold should really be based upon the persons level.

I do think the threshold should be by a persons level, but I think that would lead to more 1 item Pkers and less of the legit players.

I just hate that I lost my dds yesterday when I tried out pking and it's like impossible to get back now. Oh well, might as well buy one from the store. Anyone know where a spawn of super poison is?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I just hate that I lost my dds yesterday when I tried out pking and it's like impossible to get back now. Oh well, might as well buy one from the store. Anyone know where a spawn of super poison is?

I am pretty sure that you can buy, Super Poison ++ from the GE, tell me if I am wrong...

I am pretty sure that you can buy, Super Poison ++ from the GE, tell me if I am wrong...

That's what I was hoping. But i'm in school right now so I can't check. Hopefully I can :twss:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

That's what I was hoping. But i'm in school right now so I can't check. Hopefully I can :twss:

99% sure you can.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Wow I found an awesome way to pk. It is dds+veng rushing.

One item. You veng in bank, wait 30 seconds, attack the target 1 or 2 times (depends how quick he attacks), then start speccing. Try to time the second veng right so it can ko.

Already got a lvl 121 ags+fury+torso down to 10 hp with this method :twss: (from full hp and no I didnt pj him).

No one expects veng lol.

Combat Level Changes

Yes.

Sweet I'm back in middle crater, purchase an AGS and the vids will start rolling in... I think lol.

Except you forget one vital clue.

Once you have a summoning pouch in your inventory near bounty hunter, your combat automatically gets changed to the summoning combat lvl.

So no, that middle crater won't allow you coming back in.

Except ofcourse that you don't plan on using summons, if thats the case, go bash the people in medium all you want ^^

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Somone wanna tell me what a Pjer is ?

And wewt for pvp :D =D>

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

99% sure you can.

You can't. Been trying for an hour. :cry:

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

ever since the uodates I can't log in.... says error connecting to server EVERY TIME, and it took like 20 minutes just to get the runescape game to load, it just went white.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great