October 15th 2008 - PVP Worlds + Game Log In Improvements

darkjab

I just hate that I lost my dds yesterday when I tried out pking and it's like impossible to get back now. Oh well, might as well buy one from the store. Anyone know where a spawn of super poison is?

I am pretty sure that you can buy, Super Poison ++ from the GE, tell me if I am wrong...

That's what I was hoping. But i'm in school right now so I can't check. Hopefully I can :twss:

99% sure you can.

You can't. Been trying for an hour. :cry:

i have plenty to spare if you want 1 ;)

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm so glad I bought 1k swordies a few weeks back... haven't checked lately, but I'm fairly certain they're incredibly in demand and high priced now. ::'

This update must be a merchant's heave. Seriously, anything you can name that was frequently used in pking like rune armor, mage robes, runes, rune and dragon weps, pots, and especially food... are seriously in demand. I'm deliberating whether to sell some of my swordies now, wait till later, or use em for my own pking.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

K, so I started pking, I made sure i had atleast 75k, I used more in supplies, Killed someone very near my level. To my surprise I see "Morrigans Leather Body, Granite Helm, and pineapple pizzas on ground. I thought hmm what could this get me. I ran into bank safe and banked everything. I go to ge and put it in at median price, as soon as I put it in it sold for max. 8400k in my pocket from that one pk. The helm brought 113k and payed for my supplies :shock: . I kept pking and only got various dragon weapons and junk, I'm not sure about this drop system, seems like its just a bunch of random luck to me.

On another note, I bought 10 regular daggers and managed to get 5 super poison++. Once i get the other 5;which is near impossible to through the ge. I will sell for max. This update is good imo as it brings skillers a good means of income. And pkers a good means of income.

EDIT:

I fished 6200 monks from last week and have been cooking them, sold the few ive cooked for max and made a good profit off them fishing and cooking could be a good means of income again.

Low_C.png

fmglovespnglt0.png

w490.png

Firemaking gloves. I'll buy some magic logs and see how long they last...sometime when I feel like it.

It's Biscuit Dough Hands Man!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I hope my postbag letter is answered. I sent in a letter to the Varrok Museum Curator asking if they had information on the four new characters introduced with these updates (Vesta, Morrigan, Statius, and Zuriel), who they are, and maybe how the armor and weapons were corrupted (and why they crumble after such a small amount of time). I have a feeling that they are all dead (Usually whenever we gain armor with a name on it, the original owner is dead), but some more information them would be nice.

And Zuriel sounds like Durial, which can only mean massacres in regularly non-pvp areas (How fitting that Zuriel's armor and weapons be introduced in pvp-anywhere?).

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I hope my postbag letter is answered. I sent in a letter to the Varrok Museum Curator asking if they had information on the four new characters introduced with these updates (Vesta, Morrigan, Statius, and Zuriel), who they are, and maybe how the armor and weapons were corrupted (and why they crumble after such a small amount of time). I have a feeling that they are all dead (Usually whenever we gain armor with a name on it, the original owner is dead), but some more information them would be nice.

And Zuriel sounds like Durial, which can only mean massacres in regularly non-pvp areas (How fitting that Zuriel's armor and weapons be introduced in pvp-anywhere?).

and lizard sounds like wizard so that naturally means that wizards are scaly creatures!!!!

anyway, i've sent in plenty of letters in the past, none have been answered so gl :(

Wow I found an awesome way to pk. It is dds+veng rushing.

One item. You veng in bank, wait 30 seconds, attack the target 1 or 2 times (depends how quick he attacks), then start speccing. Try to time the second veng right so it can ko.

Already got a lvl 121 ags+fury+torso down to 10 hp with this method :twss: (from full hp and no I didnt pj him).

No one expects veng lol.

Even better, do a book swap and use Ice Blitz to start out. Remember, blitz has a delay so if you're skilled you can get the 2 hits from dds and the spell to hit all at the same time.

Approximate max hit, assuming your opponent pulls off a 50 spec:

35 (Veng) + 35*2 (DDS) + 26 (Blitz) = 131 :D

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well so far I was at Fally for 3 hours starting on nothing. I survived for 2 hours on pure food, dropped armour and Running to a Altar to pray. the only thing used from me was my Drag Scim, Ddp, and my Torag legs.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

anyway, i've sent in plenty of letters in the past, none have been answered so gl :(

Normally all I need to do is post on the forums to get a message in my inbox, but since this is related to Runescape lore instead of, say, issues with accounts, I'd rather it get answered in a PFTH.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Wow I found an awesome way to pk. It is dds+veng rushing.

One item. You veng in bank, wait 30 seconds, attack the target 1 or 2 times (depends how quick he attacks), then start speccing. Try to time the second veng right so it can ko.

Already got a lvl 121 ags+fury+torso down to 10 hp with this method :twss: (from full hp and no I didnt pj him).

No one expects veng lol.

Even better, do a book swap and use Ice Blitz to start out. Remember, blitz has a delay so if you're skilled you can get the 2 hits from dds and the spell to hit all at the same time.

Approximate max hit, assuming your opponent pulls off a 50 spec:

35 (Veng) + 35*2 (DDS) + 26 (Blitz) = 131 :D

The key is to perfectly synchronise the 3rd spec, veng and the 4th spec. Only then you'll ko as they'll just melee protect if you hit very high first hit.

fmglovespnglt0.png

w490.png

Firemaking gloves. I'll buy some magic logs and see how long they last...sometime when I feel like it.

It's Biscuit Dough Hands Man!

It's 1.2k xp for each magic log man :D

I wish I had those gloves, I need 2.4 m xp for the adze.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

is it true that the reward system is like a pking grand exchange for what items people lose? like if you pk a rune plate, that means someone else just lost theirs. that's why you get a lot of drops like pots, recoil rings, runes, etc. and that nothing is actually taken into or brought out of the game so the market won't crash

Kuja_Cocoa.png

I've never heard anything to support that theory, nor does the update post mention any sort of system. They mention "random" drops.

yeah but they could mean the drops are random within this pvp grand exchange, but if things like dragon full helm and dragonfire shield are actually being brought into the game then that would make em less rare and make their price start to crash, but i could be wrong as i havn't seen any godsword or bandos armor pks

Kuja_Cocoa.png

fmglovespnglt0.png

w490.png

Find a low population PvP world and burn them up at the mage bank for epic exp. I think that's the easiest and quickest way to bank and return to the wild to burn an inv.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

fmglovespnglt0.png

w490.png

Find a low population PvP world and burn them up at the mage bank for epic exp. I think that's the easiest and quickest way to bank and return to the wild to burn an inv.

duel ring + games necklace = massive exp ;)

Couldn't you just burn it at the GE? Ge is a non-combat zone if I recall correctly..

You get 4x experience for using the gloves in the wilderness.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Ha the junk theory works :D I went in combat with just a dds and 75k worth of maple longbows (u) and the one who killed me got rune boots and a dds + some random stuff =D>

This only cost me 19k worth of maple logs and a bit of time to fletch them, so 19k just turned into 60k worth of stuff :thumbsup:

I dont think this is abuse since junk trading isnt either, but it could in theory be used to make cash between 2 friends.

Edit: I just read in some j mods post that the enemy only needs to drop 25k worth of stuff to get good drops if the attacker has 75k+ which makes it even better :pray:

Can anyone confirm if the new pvp gear that isn't corrupted when dropped degrades as you use it? Some people claimed that they don't, which would be awesome, but I'd like to be sure.

10m for 1 hour is a "bit" too much, even if you used the special attack only.

PvP worlds are released just when my membership runs out :evil: :evil: :evil:

..Oh well, guess I'll buy one of them new Membership card things at my nearest Target :thumbsup:

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

am i the only one who has an ad above their game aplet on a members world?

If you click the button on the main page for free users, it will still allow you to log in to member's worlds using that applet.

Doesn't work the other way around, though, sorry f2pers :P