PvP "safing"

Shelby_Polo

"safing" - When someone eats when they are 1/3 or 1/2 HP left, during PvP.

Most people, I'd say, think it's "safing" when their opponent eats at around 1/3 or 1/2 green of their HP bar. Right? Correct me if you think I'm wrong.

I do understand people don't want their opponents to "safe" because they need a chance to KO them. But... It's now easier to KO someone, then when the old PKing was still out.

With all these massive weapons that can hit 50+'s, I think people should lighten up on their "safing code-of-conduct", "the un-written rules of PvP".

The other day, I was watching two pures fight. One looked to be a rune pure, and the other a Dharoks pure.

When the rune pure ate at 1/3 green left (about 40 hits), the Dhorak pure got angry and started whining about it. But the Rune pure made a good argument, saying, "Why would I not eat when I get to 35 hits, you can KO me way to easily then..."

I agree, there are too many weapons that can hit 50+, like: Any GS, DDS spec, Dark Bow spec, Dragon and Onyx Bolts (e) or 'Low Hits' Dhorak'ing, just to name a few.

What's your take on "safing"?

Eat at 1/3,1/2 hits or at 1/4 hits?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

safeing is the most stupid thing i have ever seen

you kill someone when you better them and they run out of food

killing them without them using all there food is just proving you can get a better lucky hit not proving you are better

i fixed the boat :)

fixedboat.gif

Well I guess a lot of people just don't care... lol

I agree

But it's dumb when someone doesn't fight you because they accuse you of "safing"

There is no such thing as safing, I eat when I want to, that's it. just unmature noobs who gets mad when they can't kill me.

That's why I put " "s around "safing" lol

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Cmon people, if you have food eat it, i would rather "Safe" then die knowing i had like 5 sharks on my still.. Idk and people need to stop 1 iteming its ridiculous theres needs to be a High Stakes world were you have to be weilding like 100K to fight or sumthing. It gets annoying having to kill the same guy about like 7 times whose holding a DDS or sumthing like that.

Anywho- People should be able to safe without the risk of being called a noob or w/e if the other guy im fighting eats, i might as well eat too lol :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

I always eat when I get down to 60HP, whether I'm fighting monster or players. You never know when your computer will act up and you'll just lag all of a sudden.

Ignore anyone that complains about it. The only reason they're complaining is because they wanted to kill you but they were too stupid to bring food themselves. PvP is a free for all, anything goes, if you want rules go to the duel arena.

I don't understand when others complain about "safing". The reason I don't personally eat until 1/2 or 1/3 of my HP bar is because eating loses you like 1.5 turns or so, so I wait until I'm desperate to eat. So yeah, I don't understand why the other player is complaining, the other player is just basically asking you to die.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Except for bugs and glitches, if it's in the game it's fair. There's nothing stopping you or your opponent from safing, praying, etc. Use the duel arena if you want rules.

I just find limiting yourself with "pvp honor code" rules is stupid. From my experience, many people who cry about safing or praying, most likely safe and pray themselves :roll:.

Except for bugs and glitches, if it's in the game it's fair. There's nothing stopping you or your opponent from safing, praying, etc. Use the duel arena if you want rules.

I just find limiting yourself with "pvp honor code" rules is stupid. From my experience, many people who cry about safing or praying, most likely safe and pray themselves :roll:.

i had a case of someone telling me to stop eating when at 30 health even though they had hit 40's on me before >.<, then when i start owning them they run,called me a noob for tb,safed, and prayed at the same time

fixedboat.gif

If i win and hes dead who cares what he has to say?

I never pvp anyway.

If you never pvp why do you say anything about it all than?

OT: Safing is like an unwritten rule of the "real" 1vs1 pkers. The reason for this is just when they eat at say 1/2 of their health all the time it's like almost impossible for both to win. I do think this rule only apply's to "real" battles (forgive me using the word "real" all the time), which doesn't include getting specced by some 1 itemer who doesn't really want to fight anyway. But for proper 1vs1 battles no "safing" is just really the only way to go.

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

I never pvp anyway.

OT: Safing is like an unwritten rule of the "real" 1vs1 pkers. The reason for this is just when they eat at say 1/2 of their health all the time it's like almost impossible for both to win. I do think this rule only apply's to "real" battles (forgive me using the word "real" all the time), which doesn't include getting specced by some 1 itemer who doesn't really want to fight anyway. But for proper 1vs1 battles no "safing" is just really the only way to go.

Unwritten rule my [wagon]! Its just an excuse peole use when they are angry for loosing. Safing? There is no such thing! its called wanting to win. TBH i think people who go around calling you a safer when you eat are pathetic.

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

I never pvp anyway.

Unwritten rule my [wagon]! Its just an excuse peole use when they are angry for loosing. Safing? There is no such thing! its called wanting to win. TBH i think people who go around calling you a safer when you eat are pathetic.

Tbh if you don't safe you get situations like your topic, people just fighting till their food is down and teleporting away. No-one will win.

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

hmmm i eat to live?

ill do anything i need to do do own some noob, ill pray safe and tele to win... stop wining and start playing the game

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

I never pvp anyway.

Tbh if you don't safe you get situations like your topic, people just fighting till their food is down and teleporting away. No-one will win.

but using a ags you can take out 3/4 of a maxed players hitpoints :roll:

fixedboat.gif

Whats this got to do with NEW pvp?

Im pretty sure all these weapons were around in the old wilderness...Godswords where, Darkbow was, stupid things like DDS and Dharoks defiantly were, so, whats the issue here...

And to the above, its always been like this.

Safing pretty much ended with the release of the dragon dagger and its special, because no matter WHAT HP you were at, if a player had 99 attack and strength, prayers, potted, they can deal well over 99 damage. Using all 4 specs, you would have to have an average of 12 per spec, which, isnt that much. A 24 and a 0 would count as two 12s.

Safing is dead, its been dead, and its just an excuse for whiney people.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I really don't care if you safe or not. If you safe, you leave yourself at a disadvantage because you're eating most of the time and I'm dealing damage most of the time (usually more than you can eat), and by keeping myself at a low hp but not allowing myself to be KO'd gives me the biggest advantage PvP.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

"safing" - When someone eats when they are 1/3 or 1/2 HP left, during PvP.

Wrong. Safing is eating to above 75% of your hp, generally. I eat at ~45ish and that's dangerous in PvP (easily AGS'd, whip comboed, or DDS'd in one spec). It's stupid anyway, just depletes your food faster and allows opponent to hit you relentlessly (since I DH pk, when I'm super low on hp and can combo the other person to where he doesn't risk a shot at me for chance of him dying, my huge hits come fast to safers).

I don't care if someone safes to be honest, I care that you fight to the death.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

People just dont understand that there are no rules of player killing...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I never pvp anyway.

but using a ags you can take out 3/4 of a maxed players hitpoints :roll:

Safing, because everyone and his dog has an armadyl godsword ready. <_<

I don't mind people safing, but myself I would never talk during a fight. Say you are in a battle with a safing, prot praying high armoured godswordwielder, the last thing you want to do is make sure you are in an even more difficult situation by calling him names when you should eat.

There is one solution, 5 people with dragonarrows + darkbow, use special on an unsuspecting person, 100% chance of instant death, no safing will ever be done \'

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite