PvP "safing"

Shelby_Polo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different takes on "safing" from P2P to F2P;

Let's say if both player's safe, there is basically no point in the fight, as noone dies, and everyone wastes food.

And what if one player safes, and the other one doesn't, then the non safer will win the fight, if both stats were similiar due to the fact that the non-safer gets in more hits; this doesnt have any positive results, as the safer would just run and/or teleport away.

Let's say both player's don't safe, and rely on timing and statistics to fight, then the highest, luckiest hitter will prevail; at least someone get's something.

Yes, I am against safers in F2P, not so much in P2P; as P2P has some ridiculous hits.

Safers in F2P, are stupid as they never get kills;

PS Pjers can go to [cabbage]

Prun.png Apple_Tank.png

If people call me a safer, I just laugh and ko them.

Like a dher today called me a safer after hit 45-56-60 (and I ate to full) then I combo'd him 35-32 veng - 38 and ko'd him. \'

GG cry babies

I for one don't normally PK when I play, however I will say this. When I was on a pvp server to play the update for the 30 minutes that I did I seen tons of immature kids running around pking one another, plenty of 1 itemers and people calling each other "safers".

Pkers will never change their "un-written code" or whatever it is they call it because they're kids, it's simple as that. I pay no attention to when people talked to me while I was trying to pk someone and they called me a safer. I'm simply keeping myself well protected, if they want to let their HP fall low enough for someone to KO them, be my guest.

xxteargodxx.png

Safing is just an excuse sad pathetic little pkers make up so they can actually kill you. I have 93 HP for a reason thats to live longer if I want to eat a shark at 73 hp then I will and if u can't kill me at 93 hp then you don't deserve to kill me.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Safing is just an excuse sad pathetic little pkers make up so they can actually kill you. I have 93 HP for a reason thats to live longer if I want to eat a shark at 73 hp then I will and if u can't kill me at 93 hp then you don't deserve to kill me.

Y'know, if you just want to train your combat stats, you can just train on earthwarriors. Its better xp and it doesn't cost you as much sharks.

I think you never pked, and I am fine with that, because if you are going to eat at every 20+ hit, thats 2 more seconds you won't hit me.

Oh, and on that contray, 'Calling a cooking/fletching cape bad is just a sad excuse pathetic little skillers make up so they can get you down'. I love it when pkers and skillers are so diverse ::'

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

When i'm lvl 103 and against a lvl 120 with a gs, why would I not eat when I think i'm about to get ko'd from a ridiculusly large hit. Makes it even more stupid when they then put prayer on and stop fighting because of it, 'safing' to me is just sensible eating.

JJ_G.gif

In p2p safing is perfectly reasonable. There are way too many trick shows, uber finishes, and powerful hits that make it very easy to die below 1/3 hp.

I'm a f2p'er, I don't safe because my opponent just runs from me. If you ask me, that's the best way to solve the issue. If you dislike how your opponent plays, leave the fight. Good luck being a successful F2P pker if you safe because you're opponents will run 90% of the time. If my foe safes, I just say "nice safe" and run. No need getting in a debate over honor and fairness and stupidity.

I agree with you 100%.

I think 'safing' affects f2p the same, maybe even more so than in p2p.

Pretty much no-one in f2p will fight if you 'safe'

I pvp on f2p with my range tank account and have learnt that the only way to get afight is to stay on low hp.

However I have calculated that the highest hit for my combat level is around 21, so I always stay as close to this as possible, so that my opponent wont run calling me a 'safer' but I cannot be koed.

As many people have said, there are so many tricks in p2p that even putting your hp at 1/2 is a dangerous risk. However, you are a LOT more respected if you are willing to take the risk of keeping your hp low. I'd often not eat even when I was below the hp where my opponent could ko me... I stayed to death... etcetera, this was when I was pure in old wilderness. A lot of people respected me for risking stuff so often.

In f2p, if you're eating at any hp above 31 in a 1v1 fight, get the hell out of PvP, cause you risk nothing. THe max hit of someone with 99 strength is 31 with rune 2h sword, and 25 with rune scimitar. No one will ever fight you, cause you risk nothing. I personally only eat at 25 or below, and 26-30 is added in if the opponent pulls out 2h then. Don't eat at a higher hp than our opponent can KO you at in f2p -- its just dumb.

P2p, you can die at almost any hp... so yeah. Safing is more understandable there, but always eating as soon as eating a shark will restore you the full 20 hp won't get you respected. Usually most people will just safe if they see vengence casted, ags/dds pulled out, dharoker on low hp, pretty much anything that can kill them.

Still, p2p is really dangerous, and its a lot more understandable to safe there. Safing is generally eating above the hp that you can get killed at. So many idiots just use it whenever someone eats -- ignore them, seriously. That's my opinion on it.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Ok, it's obvious tip.it is a very anti-pking forum, so i'll show you why you shouldn't safe.

People pk or pvp for the fun and loot of it right? When someone is eating as a point that makes it impossible for the other person to ko, you don't have any fun or get any loot. The killing part is what everyone loves, so whats the point of fighting with no killing? It's just a waste of money.

You people act like your fighting a monster 3 times your level with the primary purpose being to survive. Pking isn't about survival, its about killing other players. (Unless your tanking for whatever reason)

So, PKing isn't about survival? Surely if you don't survive, you can't kill? You can't do one without the other.

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

Ok, it's obvious tip.it is a very anti-pking forum, so i'll show you why you shouldn't safe.

People pk or pvp for the fun and loot of it right? When someone is eating as a point that makes it impossible for the other person to ko, you don't have any fun or get any loot. The killing part is what everyone loves, so whats the point of fighting with no killing? It's just a waste of money.

You people act like your fighting a monster 3 times your level with the primary purpose being to survive. Pking isn't about survival, its about killing other players. (Unless your tanking for whatever reason)

So, PKing isn't about survival? Surely if you don't survive, you can't kill? You can't do one without the other.

:thumbup: Even Rambo had to eat every now and then!

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

I don't safe, but that isn't because I'm scared of the poor PKers who are so bad they can't KO full health... The only reason I don't eat as much as I can is because I need time to get my own hits in :D

FreePlay is a different story, however, mostly because I know it's impossible to take 99 hits in a few seconds with a rune 2h.

And those people who say these rules because they're around the safe spots... I guess that's just like oldskool Edgeville PKing. I never saw it as PKing, but rather a duel with food. Because it's an agreed fight, you both agree on the rules (Even if they're unwritten) And you go down with the honour of dying to a better man than you.

I never believed in all that though, I always PKed in the deep wild, where the only rule I followed was 'kill him before he kills you' And if that involved me eating above his max, so be it. If he was crazy enough to eat below my max, good for me!

I also hate people saying that no-honour PKers 'have no PKing skill' or any of that. SURELY? SURELY The PKer who has to kill a FULL HEALTH player has to have much more skill than the one who can simply get a lucky hit in with a whip...

So no, in answer to the thread, NO I don't believe in the 'no safing' rule. Except in f2p, because I'm kind.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Rusty_TiTin.png

If one is not wanting to fight, safing is fine. If both are trying for the kill, people shouldn't safe. If you safe it becomes a pointless fight to whoever runs out of food first, that person usually runs to bank afterwords.

pan.png

This is why I wish someone would invent the abilty to kick people in the crotch over the Internet. But seriorusly, with a few exceptions, I find most of the people who Complian about safing/praying/you dealing damage to them, are the same ones who make the feedback forum burn out my eyes, so I just ignore them to death. ;)

("oMg Pvp werldz sux!" threads FTW)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

You survive, I kill before they kill me. Thats survival too.

You enjoy your lovely lobster, coated in a slight tint of pepper, while I charge at you with my axe raised high, lunging it into your scalp.

Its not that safing is bad, but you really need to understand that while you are eating you lose valuable attack turns. Pkers DO eat, but they eat at the right moment so they don't lose valuable striking time. Also if you fight against someone with a godsword, eat right when he is about to strike, this way you don't lose TOO much hp and you still keep a good amount of striking time.

I'm not against safing, because usually that means you want to protect VALUABLE goods from me. But please, time your eating so you can give me a good fight too :)

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite