New PvP for low lvl f2p pures: Steaming pile of [cabbage].

gongusan

So I tried out the new pvp on my pure, Y U So Nub, he has 40 def with 60 range, and I must say it sucks. Every single time I start to beat someone, they run into the bank with like 5 food left, and on top of this, our [developmentally delayed]ed character just keeps running into the wall of the bank, and while I'm doing that my opponent just runs up the ladder.

Another thing is we have virtually nothing to ko with, a range 2h combo is terrible at low levels, and also range is terribly underpowered. We have, at our best, addy arrows with a max hit at 60 range of 11 or 10 or something, how the hell can I kill someone with that? Can't we at least have yew bows with rune arrows?

So basically what I'm saying is don't bother trying to pk as a rune pure at low levels in f2p, and tbh even high lvl pking is the same, on my main, Silomin, everyone I started to beat just ran... It's ridiculous, Jagex should extend the attack time in the bank or at least make it so after you run into a safe zone while being attacked, you can't go up ladders. Either that or give us something other than a bloody rune 2h to ko with.

It seems you want to control other players. Player killing has always had people who teleport, run away, or go to a safe spot. Don't forget they want to make a quick buck too. I'm sure you would get out if you were on the bad end of a fight. :roll:

You appear to also want F2P to have access to members items. Seems a bit pointless to me, when Jagex wants you to become a member to use such weapons. Free players have a lot as is I think, and should stop asking for more freebies. You chose to make a pure with pathetic free player options when you already have a member main with access to any weapon.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

It seems you want to control other players. Player killing has always had people who teleport, run away, or go to a safe spot. Don't forget they want to make a quick buck too. I'm sure you would get out if you were on the bad end of a fight. :roll:

You appear to also want F2P to have access to members items. Seems a bit pointless to me, when Jagex wants you to become a member to use such weapons. Free players have a lot as is I think, and should stop asking for more freebies. You chose to make a pure with pathetic free player options when you already have a member main with access to any weapon.

Do not refer to F2P or anything about F2P as pathetic. It is not.

The_Maddest.png

Wow fail much? Maybe I want to be a f2p pure and not a p2p pure? Maybe my main is in the process of becoming a pker for p2p? Free players deserve something better than a max hit of 18 at 99 range imo. And fyi my main doesn;t have access to any weapon, I can't afford a gs :lol:

Wow fail much? Maybe I want to be a f2p pure and not a p2p pure? Maybe my main is in the process of becoming a pker for p2p? Free players deserve something better than a max hit of 18 at 99 range imo. And fyi my main doesn;t have access to any weapon, I can't afford a gs :lol:

Access != Afford

FTP pking has always sucked, which is why you PK members. FTP loot was never much even in the old wildy. A single members PK of dragon scim and black hide was worth more than a ranger pure in FTP.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

My point is that you chose the side with the 18 max hit. If you want to be more effective, you pay for membership. In my opinion free players don't deserve anything more. They merely mooch off the game that members support. I don't care one whit about the advert argument, it's not nearly the same.

Also, when I said you had access to every weapon, I mean that once you have the money and have finished the quest to wield it (if applicable), you can use it. A free player who has hundreds of millions can't use a godsword, etc.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

ITT: Pure mentality. OMG STOP trying to save your items! Let me pee-kay you!

Oh and you've been playing for at least a year now, yet you haven't taken a notice to f2p pking until now. Selfish intentions, much?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Woah seems you're spitting alot of sour grapes there! Range is slightly underpowered in f2p but once you reach 80-99 range you rangers literally dominate PVP. I cannot tell you how many close encounters (and deaths) I've had to high level range pures recently :P. They literally dish out 12-16s faster than I could ever hope to hit a 16-18 with my rune scimmy/rune b axe/rune 2h. Your rant does not have much basis and is mostly ranting about not being high powered enough (yet) to ko your opponent. The cure to your frustration is not higher grade weaponry or safe spot tweaking...the cure is just getting your range level up a wee higher. Sure its more risky to have a higher level pure but trust me I fear and respect high level rangers. They are the bad boys on the battlefield that kill you in cold blood in literally seconds flat.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

You do realize that rangers, for their level, can dish out more damage per minute then ANY other combat style? I used to have an FTP range pure at 70 range; I could kill mages and destroy ANY pure meleer. With addy arrows, I could generally hit faster then they could eat. I got quite a few KOs simply by hitting several 12s in a row. Rune arrows are very good, even in members - on low level monsters, they are much faster XP then a crossbow. For quite a few situations, they are the best - they certainly shouldn't be made FTP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I have three F2P pures, X Makoto X being only one of them. And recently, I was able to kill someone in full Rune in Lumbridge Swamp.

TL;DR: If you're going to really PK, and I mean really PK, get the hell away from banks.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

TL;DR: If you're going to really PK, and I mean really PK, get the hell away from banks.

Exactly.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I have a 70 range, 60 str, 40 att, 1 def, 1 pray pure that does quite well in F2P thanks.

Q: Do you run to your bank when you are losing a fight? If so, pls leave now.

Heed this advice: Get a KO hit above 18, and PK further away from banks. If you cant kill em before they get to safety venture further away from a bank. ½ way between varrock and lumby ought to do nicely or better yet, wildy :)

Is this a rant about the new PVP, or just a cry for members objects for f2p?

Please do not mix the two, because I enjoy the new PVP, and I don't think that it is unbiased for "low levels." - Level up, nub.

I also enjoy the fact that you get 10 seconds to kill them after they run into the bank, alot better than, cross over the ditch and be done.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• 2 weeks later...

If they extended the time you can be attacked after running into a bank, at higher levels anyone with Void Range, a Dark Bow and a decent ranged level would be rich.

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

New PvP for low lvl f2p pures:

See bolded.

And you can shut up about no ko power. You chose to get range up and not strenghth, jsut like you choose to be f2p. Want ko power? Become f2p. Don't whine that you want more.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I agree that f2p needs some ko able items. teleports r annoying and they should take it out while someone is in combat. other than that if u want to avoid this best stay away from banks.

Tactics. You have plenty of items thats work fine. Don't sook about people teleporting. They are the smart ones, who take advantage of your imbalance.

Do you people even realise WHY pures exist in the first place? Your combat level is based on HOW DANGEROUS YOU ARE IN COMBAT. That is how it is possible for a pure in this game. People aim to keep their combat level as low as possible. But that has side effects!

If you had magic levels, you could just snare or entagle them when they try to run, or teleblock them at the start of a fight. If you had prayer levels, you could boost your stats, giving you an extra "edge".

You chose not to have a balanced character. YOUR choice. Nobody elses. Jagex has never "hated" pures, like all the F2P PKers whinge about. They've always stated that balance is key. If you have a balanced character, pures should not be a serious threat to you, because you always have an option.

SoLawny.png

Another thread complaining about pures. If you decide to be a pure, face the consequences!

Oh and btw, the only reasonable sentence I find is about you getting stuck when targets run into a safe zone, but hey, you always do that with monsters don't you? The only suggestion I can add is that Jagex keep the "Attack

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Another thread complaining about pures. If you decide to be a pure, face the consequences!

Oh and btw, the only reasonable sentence I find is about you getting stuck when targets run into a safe zone, but hey, you always do that with monsters don't you? The only suggestion I can add is that Jagex keep the "Attack

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Is it just me, or did you think "hypocrite" when you saw that? Why are you fighting so close to a safe zone if you don't plan to use it yourself?

SoLawny.png