11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

Its really hard to find a match without bug abusers now. Good job im on hand to get some reports in. Its just cheating to abuse this minigame, some of them even tried to convince me it isn't a bug lmao.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really hard to find a match without bug abusers now. Good job im on hand to get some reports in. Its just cheating to abuse this minigame, some of them even tried to convince me it isn't a bug lmao.

How is it? It's a design mistake: not a bug at all.. And people who use design mistakes to their advantage are clever not stupid at all! - Just do it yourself till Jagex designs the game a bit different! (ie: trading stuff to someone would let that person loose points as if he took it from the home base).

Other than that: what's the point in points? Really 240k is needed for the whole set, you can only buy 1 morphic tool/game so a standard 20k/game is nice. And without bug abusing earning 80k is easily: so only 240/60 = 4 games are needed for a full set.. An average day gives this easily!

That said: the rewards are lame and waaay to easy to get: they look kewl, but since they're so easy there's no "ooooh" feeling for it anymore already. Everyone just can get it!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

How is it? It's a design mistake: not a bug at all.. And people who use design mistakes to their advantage are clever not stupid at all! - Just do it yourself till Jagex designs the game a bit different! (ie: trading stuff to someone would let that person loose points as if he took it from the home base).

Other than that: what's the point in points? Really 240k is needed for the whole set, you can only buy 1 morphic tool/game so a standard 20k/game is nice. And without bug abusing earning 80k is easily: so only 240/60 = 4 games are needed for a full set.. An average day gives this easily!

That said: the rewards are lame and waaay to easy to get: they look kewl, but since they're so easy there's no "ooooh" feeling for it anymore already. Everyone just can get it!

Well,

On one hand, Jagex has stated they're treating it as a bug.

On the other, Jagex doesn't read their own rules. This is nowhere close to being an actual bug...

I found a simpler example to differentiate bug from design flaw. Does anyone else remember the infinite store stock update?

Bug - Jagex makes a typo, and Raw Sharks are 48 GP each.

Design Flaw - Jagex puts Raw Sharks at 480 GP each without realizing it would completely destroy the market.

The first is a bug. They intended to tell the game "480" and accidentally listed it at 48.

The second is NOT a bug. They didn't intend for the market to collapse, but they DID intentionally tell the computer to list it at that price. Since the software was fine, it's not a bug.

This case definitely falls into the latter category. Negative points, withdrawing items at a cost, depositing items at a cost, and being able to give items for free are all intentionally included features. While they didn't anticipate it would be abused this way, that doesn't make it a bug.

In either case, it's all moot, since Jagex can ban you for anything. Hell, they can fairly ban you for saying "hi" since their T&C requires you to acknowledge that they're reserving that right. So it wouldn't be a good idea to continue doing it anyhow.

Also, I wonder just how many points these people have... I've gotten millions of points without using it. I wonder if someone's found the cap on points already. :D

^ How did you get 1m points 'the right way'?

So using this 'friends = points' system, could you actually get banned/blackmarked?

Uhh, I just play normally.

My boring strategy is just to collect stuff... I can net easily up to 100k points per game that way.

My more fun strategy which I've been doing more and more can net anywhere from 40k to 150k per game. Sometimes more.

I had it up to over 600k on the first day just fighting too...

And it sounds like you could, at least, that's what the Jagex Mod is threatening. It's kind of silly though, how are you going to check who's been using it? You can't go by points saved. Some people who used it never got over 500k points an attempt and stopped after 1.5M (One of my friends told me he could only manage that much...). Some people earned several million points (Like me) legit already. Since high scores aren't saved, and most of the time people aren't reporting this, it's going to be hard to distinguish who was using it and who was not.

Needle works...you just have to use normal leather or hard leather.
That's horrible... The question is, was this on purpose or a bug?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Oh man, I was having fun with this minigame last night. I was just pickpocketing and playing aggressive against the enemy teams resource gatherers. Pickpocketing is extremely fun. I stole many mages runes and gave them to our teams mages. Whenever I'd get in trouble I'd just run back to some of our combat people and they would protect me. I had a level 120 calling me a noob because I kept hiding in fog, popping out, pping him and then disappearing into the fog before he could attack. Also, if you get into the fog before a range attack makes contact with you, it doesn't hurt! One game everyone was getting so mad, and the other team actually was spreading a rumor that I had 99 thieving because none of them could steal from me. :)

Odesa_Tahra.png

Oh man, I was having fun with this minigame last night. I was just pickpocketing and playing aggressive against the enemy teams resource gatherers. Pickpocketing is extremely fun. I stole many mages runes and gave them to our teams mages. Whenever I'd get in trouble I'd just run back to some of our combat people and they would protect me. I had a level 120 calling me a noob because I kept hiding in fog, popping out, pping him and then disappearing into the fog before he could attack. Also, if you get into the fog before a range attack makes contact with you, it doesn't hurt! One game everyone was getting so mad, and the other team actually was spreading a rumor that I had 99 thieving because none of them could steal from me. :)

Oh yeah, pickpocketing is mad fun. people call me "sad" because I'm a level 133 and I run and hide, but tell that to the 110k points I got from jacking ~20k runes from mages one game :lol:

Now this game would be almost perfect if doing stuff (aside from combat) gave 5 exp/class

so mining level 4 clay would be 20 exp/clay

level 3 arrows would give 15 exp/set, etc.

Surely that wouldn't be gamebreaking? It would give more incentive to keep playing after getting a full set of everything...

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

I don't get how you guys get so many points, I'm barely crawling over 20k... :wall:

I don't get how you guys get so many points, I'm barely crawling over 20k... :wall:

I just scored 178k in a single game, without any dubious methods.

Probably the easiest way to score high is:

Get 80 Mining, Woodcutting, Hunter, and Fishing. Preferably at least 2 of them.

Get 80 Runecrafting, or 80 Fletching and 60 Runecrafting.

Get 80 Summoning.

Once you start the game, talk to the mystic and ask him to 'show clay'. That'll reveal what spots are available. Find a level 5 you can harvest.

Get a class1 Clay. Turn it into a tool to match any class 3 gathering spots. Get a class 3 tool matching the level 5. Get a level 5 clay, and then upgrade your tool.

Get a full load of clay. Make a Pouch + 2 sets of scrolls. Make the rest into cataclysmic runes / arrows, give it to the beast, and have it deposit. Then go harvest a full inven (including filling up the familiar). Turn into runes / arrows, give to beast, have it deposit. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the game. If you run out of level 5 resource, go to a level 4 resource of the same type, and make Cataclysmic runes.

Each clay = 75 for harvesting, 75 for crafting, 4 per rune * 75 runes = 300 for depositing, adds to 450 points per clay. You should be able to get past 50k very easily with this.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, until the pkers come by. What do you usually do when faced with combat threat? I make protective armor and barriers for myself when I'm doing that.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, until the pkers come by. What do you usually do when faced with combat threat? I make protective armor and barriers for myself when I'm doing that.

"Run Forest Run"

:D

Actually run run to the base and depostie all you arrows.

I sometimes keep 4 barriars and food and range armor so ancients don't own me get a summon and summon it right away and like 12 scrolls. if you get attacked run to the nearest place to make barriers take advantage of the rifts and walls and rocks to stall you opponet. they will eventually give up put your arrows that have been made in familer and send to deposite.

That what I do.

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

I kill them.

Edit: Oh yea. I also take and sell their runes, arrows, and armor.

If its as good as rune armour perhaps it could be used for cheap armnour on pvp worlds. Some people seem to easily get 100k points + a game so in only an hour or two you could have several sets of armour to go pking with rather than spending a couple of hundred k on rune armour

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12