11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

A magical portal has appeared in the Wilderness, and a group of mystics has set up camp around it. The portal leads to the Primordial Realm, an unfinished world in which sacred clay, the building material of the gods, lies scattered around. The mystics are recruiting adventurers to go through the portal and retrieve the clay. To serve their purposes, however, they believe the clay must be tempered by bloodshed, so they will only send volunteers through in two teams that must compete against one another. No items can be taken through the portal, so the teams will have to make any equipment they need out of sacred clay when they arrive.

Nearly every RuneScape skill has a use in Stealing Creation, whether for extracting sacred clay from locations, making it into equipment, or thwarting the other team's efforts. Skill-focused players can concentrate on gathering or processing the clay, while those who prefer combat defend them or harass the other team. Whenever a player is killed, all the sacred clay items they are carrying will drop to the ground for the victor to pick up. Players can build barriers to defend key locations, summon new creatures made of sacred clay, and even pick one another's pockets.

The mystics will reward those who serve them well, so players can buy new combat and skill items that inherit the shape-changing properties of sacred clay.

Mod John A

RuneScape Content Developer

----------------------------------------------------

Summary

Where to start Stealing Creation:

Speak to one of the mystics in their camp just south of the Bounty Hunter volcano

Requirements:

None

----------------------------------------------------

In other news...

The Halloween Trick or Treat event has been removed. The Swept Away quest will remain in-game as a piece of members' content. To start the quest, youll need to speak to Maggie, who has moved her caravan to a spot just west of the Legends' Guild.

It seems the bracelet of regeneration was not only boosting the rate at which you regain Hitpoints but also the rate at which Hitpoints returned to normal after using potions with boosting effects. This has been fixed so the temporary boost always wears off at an ordinary rate.

We've fixed a bug that may have caused the in-game world map to not load every time.

The Fishing Trawler is for Fishing, so we have prevented players from leeching experience while undertaking other activities such as Fletching or enchanting items. This isn't fair to the legitimate players, and now the Trawler might not sink quite as often.

Several hats were still causing baldness, these have been rectified so you should retain your hairstyles. There were also numerous other graphical tweaks regarding clipping and render priority issues such as [bleep]y hair appearing through hats.

And last but not least, some of you may have found that a lazy purple cat from the Hallowe'en event wouldn't change into a wily cat after exercise. This has been adjusted so your cat can become healthier again.

2j3qh46.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs you posted it first :'(

hope its nice. :D

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

No more freeloading on Fishing Trawler!!!!

YES!!!!!!

No more people using humidify and treating us workers like slaves.

Oh yea, and Stealing Creation is my new favorite minigame. :thumbup: Jagex

The Fishing Trawler is for Fishing, so we have prevented players from leeching experience while undertaking other activities such as Fletching or enchanting items. This isn't fair to the legitimate players, and now the Trawler might not sink quite as often.

omg!!!!!! EPIC WIN! Trawler might actually be fun again :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm gonna hold off on this until after I know it's a safe minigame....I dont want to lose my p2p items

Looks fun though

You don't bring in any items, Ace. Nothing to lose...

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Wow, i didnt think they would actually fix this.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Sounds like a very interesting game, I can hardly wait to try it out! I like the idea of pickpocketing other players to steal their mini-game items. :P

This is just what we needed, a good game that makes use of non-combat skills in a big way.

*is eager to get his hands on the rewards*

They fixed the Trawler!! Finally after so many years the freeloaders are getting the boot!

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I'm gonna hold off on this until after I know it's a safe minigame....I dont want to lose my p2p items

Looks fun though

You don't bring in any items, Ace. Nothing to lose...

lulz

but don't you love it when people fail at reading completely

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I had my hopes up for this minigame, but I'm not too interested anymore after taking a look at the rewards.

Melee clay armor = same stats as rune armor

Mage clay armor = same stats as mystic

Range clay armor = same stats as green d'hide :wall:

Really not worth it especially considering that you have to recharge it after changing it 10 times. Much easier to just switch to a different type of armor imo.

Don't really see too much use in those volatile/morphic tools either -.-

Rewards seem useless. Increased exp when using the tools but only 10 uses per tool. I am in line to play the first round but it is taking forever to start so I will post points I get. Combat armor level 40 ftl.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Volatile Tool

Volatile Tool

The volatile tool is a multi-purpose object that you can command to take a new shape. When you do so, it will randomly turn into one of the following: hatchet, butterfly net, hammer, harpoon, knife, needle or pickaxe. These can be used exactly as you would use a normal tool of their type, but provide an extra boost to any experience you earn by using them. The tool will stay in this shape for a certain number of uses before returning to its natural form.

You can transform the tool ten times, after which you will need to use more points to have it recharged.

Morphic Tool

The morphic tool is identical to the volatile tool except that you can choose which of the specific tools it will become. Just like the volatile tool, you will earn bonus experience for using it (which is slightly lower than the bonus from the volatile tool), although it will also return to its natural form after a certain number of uses.

I think we should wait to see what the XP boost is on these tools before we start rubbishing them. :roll:

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

the combat reward looks very promising, shifting from a malee to a ranger or mage, i see much potential in that, though it's not very strong i see use lower lvl pk'ing :P i want a set for sure =P~ :P

new banner:

armydal is coming soon!!!! \' \'

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I had my hopes up for this minigame, but I'm not too interested anymore after taking a look at the rewards.

Melee clay armor = same stats as rune armor

Mage clay armor = same stats as mystic

Range clay armor = same stats as green d'hide :wall:

Really not worth it especially considering that you have to recharge it after changing it 10 times. Much easier to just switch to a different type of armor imo.

Don't really see too much use in those volatile/morphic tools either -.-

Pretty much the same opinion here. Except for the volatile morphic tools, if the xp boost is actually decent...

Oh boy, degradable rune/mystic/green d'hide! You'd think that this update would be f2p with rewards like that. The minigame itself might be mildly amusing for a while, I suppose. Hope the rewards from the quest are better.

I agree the rewards are a bit of a dissapointment, but you play mini-games for fun, not just to get to the rewards.

If rewards were all that mattered then games like Castle Wars would have died out ages ago.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Dissapointed to hear that not all magic spells are banned on the trawler. Good start though. I don't see any need for spells other than a teleport away to be used.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12