Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

[hide=New Quest Ending Spoilers]So, the Stone of Jas is what gives Strength to the Dragonkin. Personally I now think there is definitely a connection between the Mahjarrat and the Dragonkin, the Dragonkin possibly aided the Mahjarrat with equipment and knowledge, so that one day one of them would hunt down the Stone of Jas.

It appeared to be that as soon as Lucien took the Stone, the Dragonkin get introduced and mention they are getting ready to attack!!

So we will probably see a sequel to this quest :ohnoes: Lucien is now truly going north, so that he can attend the 'ritual' and the Dragonkin will soon return. If the Stone of Jas is responsible to their power, did they create it, are they the Elder Dragons AND the Elder Gods!?!?[/hide]

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I don't get? How are these enemies and mythical creatures so powerful but it takes them months/years to get to their destination? (Until quest comes out) We can go from Pollniveach to the most northern part of Runescape in like 1 second whereas it will take Lucien until probably 2010.

But on a further note, I do not think the Dragonkin made it. I think some guy named Jas must have created it.

You know what I don't get? How are these enemies and mythical creatures so powerful but it takes them months/years to get to their destination? (Until quest comes out) We can go from Pollniveach to the most northern part of Runescape in like 1 second whereas it will take Lucien until probably 2010.

But on a further note, I do not think the Dragonkin made it. I think some guy named Jas must have created it.

Jas could of been the name of a Dragonkin?

[hide=The stone and the Dragonkin]It was only when the Stone was removed from the temple of Guthix that the Dragonkin were introduced and mentioned they had gained power.[/hide]

Dark_Jab.png

Another thing about the ancient caverns and the barbarian training teaches you to die a glorious death fighting mithril dragons using barbarian equipment

Wielding a hasta and using an inventatory of barbarian mixes and wearing your best helmet run in and stand: (NO antifire shield)

cavesfeaturesgct5.jpg

The threee miths tag team you and you can fight them without taking much damage. If a dragon uses firebreath then you immediatly swap to the dragon next to it without the fire damaging. you fight the second dragon untill it also uses its breath. this usally goes on untill all 3 dragons are on low hp. when the first dragon uses breath and the second and thirds first attack is also firebreath you take damage from the breath and all three hit at exactly the same time dealing a huge 1 hit KO. Its really awsome when it happens.

Its a bit hard to explain but when i get a chance ill make a vid of it. The prosess is basically identical to that of the dragon forge (you need to firebolt each dragon head one after the other and they come to the center facing the orb) so its definatly related

Also, some more intresting things

[NOTE THIS CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THE CURRENT QUEST]

The hidden Dragonkin cutscene after the quest:

[hide=Dragonkin Cutscene]08-11-27110650.png

08-11-27110658.png

08-11-27110707.png

08-11-27110711.png

08-11-27110717.png

08-11-27110718.png

08-11-27110719.png

08-11-27110720.png

The end went so fast, I missed 2 lines of text, but I got most of it. Very curious Indeed.[/hide]

The symbol shows up again, so there is DEFIANTLY a connection between the Dragonkin and the Stone of Jas. Just noticed this as well, Look at the floor in the first picture. The circle around the edge is almost the same exact design as the Guthix temple had to open the giant door. Also when our players touched the stone during the boss fights, the last line was "Protection... growing in power.. no... the dragonkin!"

[hide=Stone of Jas Cutscene Image]Image2.png

Note this image is not my own, its was borrowed of a Youtube Video:

[/hide]

EDIT2: Re-reading the image above it appears the stone was actually put in place for protection AGAINST the Dragonkin. Perhaps Guthix realized how powerful they were and he was the one who used the stones power and sealed them away? Now that Lucien is using the stone, they are ready for their return. The dragon weapons may make them more powerful, but perhaps they simply could not re-enter out of their trapped area until the stone was removed? Veryyyy interesting.

Also some more clues in this weeks Postbag from the CE:

[hide=CE Postbag]Betentacled Ganondorf7769,

Ralvash is gone; Muspah, famous, sleeps with the fishies, if fishies frozen could be. That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare. Bizarre: one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye.

Gentlemen,

I recall with great pleasure those days that you, of course, do not. Nial was there, but he was different then, just like you all. Time changes us all, as do curses. I pray you forgive me for this.

B.Y.

What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not.

This great, high, uplifted land, Corrupt and Natural, and all things bound within the soul of the slayer - whose land is it? The red and the green, but not entirely like or unlike the ramblings of a mad, dead man.

Within a darkening universe,

Reappropriated Polychromatic Reptile[/hide]

The Bolded parts are most interesting to me. (Pretty much all of it is bolded lol)

It appears to be referring to the storyline with Dragonkin/Gods. And also the GWD as it mentions "Ice" and frozen areas. It also talks about the shifting of power of shadows.

Also intresting: "one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye."

Focusing on the "empty eye", Zaros is the "Empty Lord", possible connection?

However, it specifically says "eye" and not "eyes". Perhaps its something else all together.

It also says "its" and not his/her, so its a creature and not a human. That Rules out Zaros.

Maybe Dragonkin?

EDIT: ALSO another possible connection. The stone of Jas is often referred to as an "eye" (eg. Eye of Saradomin). Perhaps the "eye" is refering to the stone of Jas. Literally meaning: A shadow (Lucien) is about to open the stones unblinking emptiness? Strange.

Either way I have a feeling the Dragonkin are simply using Lucien to do their bidding somehow, perhaps indirectly. I get the feeling Lucien will be back stabbed before this is all over. And Speaking of Dragonkin...

Notice the last line "The red and the green", the DragonKin always appear to be linked with the colors red/green. Perhaps a connection.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I'd just like to say its been a very facinating read, nothing would delight me more if this wonderful report is made official on the site as a special report and enlighten all those that did not have the fortune to find this thread. Makes me appreciate the game more when the pieces falls into place. Great work :D

...is the stone here? ...was

the stone here? ...will the

stone be here? ...would

It's talking about the were abouts of the stone in past present and future tences with the

Our theory of artifcial

origins has been

vindicated! We have

discovered a sturdy door,

The vindicated is means V indicated or shown below

[hide=]In the newer history quest, which I have forgotten the name of, Guthix is playing around in a cutscene, and you have a picture of that as well. This quest now confirms that that was the Stone of Jas.

On a side note, at the bottom of the new Grandmaster quest guide, in the hints and tricks, is says something about lava, fireblasts, keys, and mithril door. Just thought you might want to check that out.[/hide]

Moonman190.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Final Judgement 4 Life...http://z8.invisionfree.com/F_J/index.php?

The vindicated is means V indicated or shown below

Er... I can appreciate that you're thinking outside the box, but... vindicated is a word on its own... and its a word that makes perfect sense in the given context

[hide=Spoilers]

In the newer history quest, which I have forgotten the name of, Guthix is playing around in a cutscene, and you have a picture of that as well. This quest now confirms that that was the Stone of Jas.

On a side note, at the bottom of the new Grandmaster quest guide, in the hints and tricks, is says something about lava, fireblasts, keys, and mithril door. Just thought you might want to check that out.

While doing the quest you get a a key loop end and a key tooth end. If you use either of these pieces on a mithril dragon while carrying the other, it will fuse together to form the dragonkin key. This key opens the mithril door. Inside the mithril door is another room of the dragon forge. There are some dragon heads that, when an offensive fire spell is cast on them, will burst into flame and set in motion a series of mechanical devices which, ultimately, results in the dragon forge being filled with lava. Doing so enables this dragon forge to be used to repair the dragon platebody; this is the only way to do it, no other anvils will work.[/hide]

On another note, I am going to be completely rewriting the thread, rather than just adding new sections and updating old ones. I'm thinking "Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien" as a working title (you just know its the most awesome name you've heard ever!) Expect to see it up on Monday! ::'

P.S. Check out this picture I made! The explanation has spoilers in it so I hid it after the picture.

f4mb9u.jpg

The Rise of Lucien

[hide=Explanation]This picture reflects how I see the events of While Guthix Sleeps. After seeing and reading everything I could, I think that the dragonkin are the puppet-masters of RuneScape. By stealing the Stone of Jas, Lucien did exactly what the dragonkin wanted, it was all their plan from the start. The dragonkin are likely going to watch over Lucien until the most opportune moment, when they will strike and eradicate him, taking control of both the Stone of Jas and the Staff of Armadyl.[/hide]

I found something that may be of great interest to you, it doesn't have to do with the dragonkin, but it gives some insight into the "While Guthix Sleeps" quest, way...before it came out. Let's me put together the screenshots into a post, and I'll show you.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

+1 to whoever said the Dragonkin are the puppet masters, even the symbol makes that obvious.

I just did the new quest, the Dragonkin seem like the higher dieties.

I was doing path of glouphire today, and at the very end I saw this, it seemed like a nice little bit of information. It give a major hint into "While Guthix Sleeps" long before it came out. This shows in my opinion, that this quest has gone under some long planning, longer than what jagex told us.

[hide=Conversation with Hazelmere at the end of Path of Glouphrie]25z3y28.jpg[/hide]

Sounds extremely familiar to me. The robes he speaks of, sound like the Dagon'Hai Robes.

Here is a slight Spoiler that a friend told me

[hide=Spoiler]From what I have been told, many of the people you "recruit" to assist you in the quest die. I was told some of the slayer masters die, so that goes along with what Hazelmere speaks of.[/hide]

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

[hide=]Well, after that quest, we DEFINATELY know that the Dragonkin are evil. They speak of bringing pain on the races. And also, that it seems there are only three of them, which matches the three heads in the Dragonkin forge. I'm curious as to which Dragonkin fought Robert the Strong..hmm. '-'

So, when you touch the Stone of Jas, you say something rather interesting. Is Jas the Elder God, the creator of the Stone which has the power to elevate Majahrats to Godhood? Why then, has Jas allowed the world's inhabitants to use the stone?

Saradomin and Zamorak ascended to Godhood by the ritual using the Stone. But what about Armadyl and Zaros? Bandos? Were these men once Majahrat? And Guthix, who was the first to walk Gielnor? Was Guthix chosen by Jas to maintain balance in Jas' absence?

These questions mostly hinge off the fact that Jas was an Elder God, so...feel free to tear my theories to shreds. I'm not exactly the best historian when it comes to RS, let alone actual history...so I might be wrong. ^^[/hide]

hzvjpwS.gif

[hide=Conversation with Hazelmere at the end of Path of Glouphrie]25z3y28.jpg[/hide]

Ok here's the event:

[hide=Spoilers]8 brothers = Tureal, Mazcha, Duradel, Cyrisus, 3 people from the Warrior's Guild, and Hazelmere

Mahjarrat deciever = Lucien

Robes of night = Daigon'hai Robes

2 who return = Mazcha (Slayer) 1 Guy from Warriors' Guild (Warrior)

Hazelmere's choice = I couldn't figure this out from the quest cutscene...but Hazelmere openly states me made his choice before he dies.

Now you recruit those 8 people into an army to confront Lucien. You are on a spying mission, disguised as Surok under the robes (Daigon'hai are a Zamorak order of evil, but you are working for the Cruz Eqal, so you work for Guthix). You spy on Lucien recruiting his army, but you are caught by him. At that moment, the army comes in and attacks Lucien. They fail, and Lucien kills all of them except the two mentioned above (AHAHAHAHA TAKE THAT DURADEL!!!! ASSIGN ME IRON DRAGONS NOW WILL YOU?!!!?!?!?). This is why Hazelmere cannot see past this point, because he can't.[/hide]

Ah...speaking of what Hazelmere was doing at the big battle with Lucien...

[hide=]Has anyone figured out WHY he had one of those teleportation pods with him? There's a small glimpse at his palm, and the seed twitches...but then he's struck down by Lucien and turns to ash. Why didn't he use the pod to teleport away? Was this part of his "choice" he claims to have made already?[/hide]

hzvjpwS.gif

[hide=]Has anyone figured out WHY he had one of those teleportation pods with him? There's a small glimpse at his palm, and the seed twitches...but then he's struck down by Lucien and turns to ash. Why didn't he use the pod to teleport away? Was this part of his "choice" he claims to have made already?[/hide]

My best guess is you can't teleport after 20 wildy, and Hazelmere forgot about that.

My best guess is you can't teleport after 20 wildy, and Hazelmere forgot about that.

Nah, that was the overpowered teleportation pod that he used to save you during The Path of Glouphrie. When he's talking about already making his choice, he's talking about how he saved you from the unteleportable kill room in the sewer dungeon instead of keeping the seed working.

ny_lucario.png

Oh, oh, oh! Okay, that makes a lot more sense. I had almost forgotten about that small detail...

Meh, that's the drawback with having done all those quests, but doing them so long ago...you forget details like that!

[hide=]So he saved our individual characters before because he foresaw us defeating Lucien eventually, by using the last charge of that pod right? Had he not, he could've saved himself against Lucien, but that was the "choice" he was refering to.[/hide]

Now I feel like a total goof! XD

hzvjpwS.gif

Nah, that was the overpowered teleportation pod that he used to save you during The Path of Glouphrie. When he's talking about already making his choice, he's talking about how he saved you from the unteleportable kill room in the sewer dungeon instead of keeping the seed working.

But he said that pod only had 1 charge, which he used to save your/my/anyone who finished the quest's life.

EDIT: I got it! Perhaps that scene was a flashback to when he used the pod, and now he knows that he made his decision to save you correctly (since you/me/anyone who did the quest ;) is stopping Lucien). Hazelmere knows that he made the right choice because now it is paying off, and he can die knowing he has played his part in the events.

EDIT2: Darn it someone else got it. Didn't see that part.

And i wonder what the origin of the compass shows? like if its:

..........N

......W.X.E

..........S

Where is the center of the compass (X marks the spot :P )? maybe thats where teh dragonkin will arrise from so they have dragons in the north south east and west backing em up? just a random theory lol

if you draw a line between Ancient Cavern and Castle Drakan in the middle is Asgarnia and in Reldo's book about the first age it said "Not much is known about the hero called by the people of Asgarnia: Robert the Strong." so maby something around falador or barbarian village like the place were they will hise.

[hide=]Well, after that quest, we DEFINATELY know that the Dragonkin are evil. They speak of bringing pain on the races. And also, that it seems there are only three of them, which matches the three heads in the Dragonkin forge. I'm curious as to which Dragonkin fought Robert the Strong..hmm. '-'

So, when you touch the Stone of Jas, you say something rather interesting. Is Jas the Elder God, the creator of the Stone which has the power to elevate Majahrats to Godhood? Why then, has Jas allowed the world's inhabitants to use the stone?

Saradomin and Zamorak ascended to Godhood by the ritual using the Stone. But what about Armadyl and Zaros? Bandos? Were these men once Majahrat? And Guthix, who was the first to walk Gielnor? Was Guthix chosen by Jas to maintain balance in Jas' absence?

These questions mostly hinge off the fact that Jas was an Elder God, so...feel free to tear my theories to shreds. I'm not exactly the best historian when it comes to RS, let alone actual history...so I might be wrong. ^^[/hide]

[hide=]well as you find out in Meeting History the world was created by elder gods, one of them possibly was Jas. He left a stone behind. On purpose? maybe he just forgot it.

Im more concerned how V*(velorina or something) touched the stone and became a god. was he a Mahjarrat? Because the stone didn't have such effect on you when you touched it. It just boosted your stats incredibly, nothing of divine power Lucien already possessess (sp?!_)[/hide]

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.