runescape=dumb?

SacredFlam3s

People at my school thing WoW is just as bad as RS. This is what you get when you hang with skaters :P

My best friend is a skater, used to play RuneScape, now plays WoW :lol:

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO be honsest, Being called a nerd is better than being an idiot.

Im sure Bill gates got called a nerd, look at the amount of money he has :thumbsup:

Bill gates wasnt called a nerd because he played mmorpgs, and you wont make billions playing runescape...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

People at my school thing WoW is just as bad as RS. This is what you get when you hang with skaters :P

My best friend is a skater, used to play RuneScape, now plays WoW :lol:

Most skaters consider it stupid though.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

haha, a bunch of my friends know, and tease me about it, Not anything serious though :P I even got my boyfriend to play 8-)

I think people that descriminate because of what game you play is dumb, it's personal choice.

"My video game can beat up your video game" *sticks tongue out*

I respect that some people like WoW and guild wars more then runescape, but I don't hate them for it.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

As for me, I don't try to talk about the game merely because there would be no gain in doing so. But, I will answer truthfully if asked:

"I play RuneScape in my spare time, so what?"

+1

Ive talked about it when i was still going to school.. and Ive never gotten personally attacked or "thrashed" because i play a video game. You have to learn to ignore the oppressor and not let that little stuff get to you.

Its like this; If you don't do what they do, have the same car as them, play the same sports as them, your different. and people make words for the different ex: nerd, jock etc.. that's how it's always been that's how it will always be.

People judge people. Period. We will always live with judgment. Have it be by a peer or even an elder.

and people.. comparing WoW to RS is fairly wrong.. thats like comparing blink 182 to hatebreed.. its all rock music but different types. WoW is 15+ a month for reasons.. the reasons being the grafix and ect.. runescape is a Sunjava based game.. WoW comes with 4+ install disks.. see the difference? its supposed to be different.

and a reply to the "kid that never showers" comment. why do you care what these others think? are these kids friends? if so you need to re-think who/how you choose your friends man.

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

I've played this game longer than any of you, so don't try and argue.

congrats!? GJ! =D> =D> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: \' \'

Your just pissy because someone with a different view than you told you the truth...

Ive been on rs since 01(on and off of course).. i really dont care if youve been here before me or waay after me. GJ!.. its nothing to pick a fight about kid.. really get off my balls, please, this is like the second time you've "attacked" me for no reason.. Stop criticizing the stupid stuff and trying to pick a fight out of nothing.. you can post your pre-pubescent views on someone else please..

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

I've played this game longer than any of you, so don't try and argue.

congrats!? GJ! =D> =D> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: \' \'

Your just pissy because someone with a different view than you told you the truth...

When you automatically start making assumptions that you can in no way prove it stands to reason that whatever argument you have automatically fails.

Unless you have proof you were playing during the beta version of runescape before it even officially came out/ was one of the first 50 players don't say things that make you look like an idiot.

Zerker_jane.png

It's because they're too lazy to get the levels. They instead want a game with an excessive amount of blood and gore or a game that you can beat within one day.

so do i, i love xbox live and playing that with rl friends i get so much fun out of doing that compared to rs, rs is more of a i have an hour to kill and theres nothing to do game

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

at my school, everyone plays WOW and everyone hate runescape, well, apart from me of course. its a deadly secret, and if it was found out, i would be the laughing stock of my school. what about at your school? i don't really how they see runescape as gay/dumb/for nerds because its nearly the same as WOW, well, at least what ive seen of it.

I totally know what u mean... the same thing happened to me 5 years ago then 3 years ago now a year ago... The thing is rs is a bit overwhelming and too abstact for some ppl who just wannna relax and kill some1... for them the best solution seems to be fps games or some high graph mmorp..

rs involves too much thinking... so yea.. its dumb

p.s. some1 said wow is nerdier than rs ---- my opinion exactly

dude... most of the ppl wont like if you are smart and despise you if you are a fool... [bleep] em

I've no idea how many people play RS at my school, but then it's over 20 years since I went there so that's hardly surprising.

I think young people are often very judgemental about things: this game/music/style/car/whatever sucks!, that one rules! In reality, it's all opinion. The stuff that I might like could do nothing for you. So what? The world would be a pretty dull place if we all liked the same things.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

my skool is more accepting though, at firs i didnt tell any1 but my friend forced it outta me, luky for me he played rs too!

I also know alot of other guys in my skool that play, including some guys on sports teams, so no1 really complains about WoW being better (even though it isnt), we dont normally discuss games openly at skool anyway

knight95007.png

at my school, everyone plays WOW and everyone hate runescape,

Well thats the pot calling the kettle a nerd,

Seriously though your not really going to get a fair opinion on both games on this board, in the same way you wouldn't from a WoW forum. To the outside world their probably both nerdy/stupid, its only your opinion that matters.

If you like it then why does it matter what anyone else thinks? Keep it to yourself if you dont want the scrutiny.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

wow is gayier than rs and more kids get addicted to WoW and more kids kill themselves coz they think theyll die as one of the "legends of the game"

its a game a bunch of emos play

GTFO. WoW isn't gay. If anything, it's a bad game, it sucks, it's [cabbage], but it's not gay, because there's nothing wrong with being gay. Oh, and read this, will you?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Well personally, I played runescape a lot longer than I played wow. All in all I would have to say I had more fun playing wow because of two things in particular:

1. Choices mean something. You choose a class and you are that class, same with race and to a lesser extent your talents and professions(which can be changed at a price).

2. Group dynamic. The game can barely be played alone, if you want to do any of the really fun/hard stuff you'll need to find a party to help.

EDIT: Make that three...I really enjoyed the wide variety of weapons, armor and other items.

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif