Mousekeys...Are the Legit?

wakka102

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see what the disscussion is here regarding macroing. How is it macroing if you are sitting there clicking the keys? :roll:

Because the mouse is "jumping" to an x-y position, that's what some scripts do and people are banned for that.

I still don't see what the disscussion is here regarding macroing. How is it macroing if you are sitting there clicking the keys? :roll:

Because the mouse is "jumping" to an x-y position, that's what some scripts do and people are banned for that.

That doesn't mean that what YOU'RE doing is macroing.

Ok, I'm going to make a program that moves to the exact places I want, as long as I physically press a hotkey by that f1, f2, or f99 and click my mouse it's legal? I don't think so.

they have macro detection monitors

They really don't :-#

I got banned for "macroing" when I was getting 99 Magic weeks after I trained from 1-99 (I did it all at once took a few weeks), even though I was casting "Tele-Other" on my friends, player mods and some Jagex mods at the time (back when they could be interacted with), I can't appeal it either as they have "no evidence" (it actually says that).

You don't want to know how advanced thePir macro detection system is.

They do have proof but they don't give it as it can be used to improve the macros.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

[hide=]
jmodconfirm.png

The mod gives a definitive 'Yes' answer in the middle of the quote ::'

Bet if you ask another 10 Mods they all wont say that it's legal.

[/hide]

I'm guessing as it was in the maxed out forum, they actually did their research before answering for once, i doubt they want their highest players banned for using them ::'

maxed out forum? I thought that was just a silly rumor...

There's actually a video on YouTube made by a maxed out player going to that exact post. He used Mouse Keys when he was doing a mining competition in his clan. He was able to get 5m mining exp with the help of MK.

Mutaliisk.png

Ok, I'm going to make a program that moves to the exact places I want, as long as I physically press a hotkey by that f1, f2, or f99 and click my mouse it's legal? I don't think so.

although i still disagree with the concept of using mousekeys to play rs, it is unfair, and i did think it was like that too 3hitu until i read up about it.

its a replacement for a mouse, like if your mouse stops working you can use your numpad to move the mouse around and some people press ctrl 2 5 on the num pad and it moves down and clicks and plus they use the mouse at the sametime, its not illegal in jagex terms but i would make it illegal if i had the choice, if your going to play runescape you should at least have a mouse, i think thats a good requirement for runescape, therefore making mousekeys ONLY an unfair advantage to people who use it and thats why its pathetic.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Erm.

If i didnt have a mouse, I wouldnt go on my computer unless it had a touchpad.

Mousekeys are nice for banking and things like that, but its ALOT slower to use pure mousekeys then pure mouse.

Now, a mouse + mousekeys is the fastest.

I agree that a macro detecting thing might catch the 'jumping from x-y' part and think its macroing.

I just dont see how its an unfair advantage since anyone can use mousekeys because its built in to windows. :?

I heard that they can catch you as macro'ing for clicking on the same pixel a whole bunch of times? (Like place the cursor on a tele, and then use the mouse key)

Well what about the touch pad on laptops? Because I can pretty much move the cursor to that same point, and keep clicking without having it move a pixel. Now that I think of it, that could lead to a false ban right?

So I turned on my PC today and attempted to use mousekeys and now whenever I press "5" instead of doing a right click it does a left click? I changed no settings since I got off my PC last night and can't seem to get it to switch back to left click for "5". Any idea what I did?

EDIT: rebooted and it changed back....wierd

Hm..

Wouldn't it be unfair since not everyone has access to a utility like mousekeys?

For example, is there an equivalent on Mac and Linux? On the BSDs? On OpenSolaris?

~Net

I'm sure their is a variation of it on every OS.

Hm..

Wouldn't it be unfair since not everyone has access to a utility like mousekeys?

For example, is there an equivalent on Mac and Linux? On the BSDs? On OpenSolaris?

~Net

What an amazing thing Google is.

[Source]

The Universal Access preference pane allows you to turn on Mouse Keys. When Mouse Keys is on, you can use the numeric keypad to move the mouse. If your computer doesn't have a numeric keypad, use the Fn (function) key.

I can also confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that GNOME/KDE also have the ability to turn Mousekeys on.

Well, with that in tow, that raises the debate that it really isn't an unfair advantage, as all OSes have it built-in to them; all it requires is someone to activate them.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Hm..

~Net

What an amazing thing Google is.

[Source]

The Universal Access preference pane allows you to turn on Mouse Keys. When Mouse Keys is on, you can use the numeric keypad to move the mouse. If your computer doesn't have a numeric keypad, use the Fn (function) key.

I can also confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that GNOME/KDE also have the ability to turn Mousekeys on.

Well, with that in tow, that raises the debate that it really isn't an unfair advantage, as all OSes have it built-in to them; all it requires is someone to activate them.

Not in the jumping pattern like control 2-5 or whatever YOU'RE talking about (I know you're from your :D) Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but I can't figure it out so far.

Edit: Just tried it again and it seems if you have spaces enabled on Mac OSX Leopard you get to switch between your spaces with control+1,2,3, or 4. Without control they do the normal mouse key st00f moving left right up down whatever.

Michigander.png

although i still disagree with the concept of using mousekeys to play rs, it is unfair, and i did think it was like that too 3hitu until i read up about it.

its a replacement for a mouse, like if your mouse stops working you can use your numpad to move the mouse around and some people press ctrl 2 5 on the num pad and it moves down and clicks and plus they use the mouse at the sametime, its not illegal in jagex terms but i would make it illegal if i had the choice, if your going to play runescape you should at least have a mouse, i think thats a good requirement for runescape, therefore making mousekeys ONLY an unfair advantage to people who use it and thats why its pathetic.

Yes, bravo great arguement. [/sarcasm]

Just because someone is using something to their full advantage does not mean its wrong. I'm using my reflexes, mind, eye sight and everything else everytime i play runescape. I have an above normal mental capacity, is that an unfair advantage? I have perfect eyesight, is that an unfair advantge over my friend with glasses? I have great finger dexterity, is that an unfair advantge over somebody with arthritis?

And we don't have to go into physical details here, just our computers itself give us advantages. I have a brand new computer with a laser mouse, do i have an unfair advantage over someone with a ball mouse and a ten year old computer?

The thing is every other human being has an "unfair advantage" over at least one other person. Just because we are maximizing our tools and abilities does not mean we are rule breakers or pathetic people, it means we are intelligent players. If you disagree with this go find the Handi-Capper General and got listen to some Linkin Park.

Edit: Lol Makoto it made me laugh too. Fix'd it now

cool_sig1.jpg

So I turned on my PC today and attempted to use mousekeys and now whenever I press "5" instead of doing a right click it does a left click? I changed no settings since I got off my PC last night and can't seem to get it to switch back to left click for "5". Any idea what I did?

If you hit / * or - it will change the 5 key to left click, both click, or right click respectively.

And also there is no reason mousekeys would be legal but using the Ctrl key wouldnt. All control does is modify how fast your pointer is moving.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

*snip*

Here's the issue with this debate. Mousekeys can't be seen as unfair since it's built in to every major OS out there. It also raises the debate of whether or not a program can tell if a program or a human is moving a mouse, since, when configured properly, my own mousekeys on Ubuntu mimic the motions of a normal mouse. If every major OS has it built-in to them, and all people have to do is turn it on, then why shouldn't they use it? It isn't like they're going out to some shady 3rd party to get the software, nor is it like it jumps to coordinate points (at least, mine won't).

@BBC: Why would you make it illegal to not use mousekeys? You CANNOT tell if the user itself is using a mouse or is using a program to use the mouse. You don't know if the person is using a wireless mouse, and through an unfortunate scenario, their batteries die. You don't know if they have a hotkey to turn mousekeys on so they can at least log out of the game. You can't tell me that you do either, since it's not likely that you have the ability to write Java software to detect this.

I'll willingly believe that it's not illegal to use in RS since it wouldn't make sense for them to ban us for using it. Someone provide some hard evidence that it is illegal, or that it shouldn't be used. This debate has piqued my interest.

[EDIT] I found the misspelling of "perfect" kinda humorous in your statement there, War Junky. No offense by it or anything, just made me chuckle a little bit.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Hooray for rs forum searching! :thumbsup:

I'd have thought Amundogus2's pic would have ended this thread, but here's an elaboration.

Raedthel

Forum Mod

21-Nov-2008 14:12:53

Please make sure to read the forum specific rules before posting in a forum. The Game Feedback forum is to provide Jagex with constructive criticism or compliments on game features so that developers can use that to plan future updates and content.

To answer your question, yes, you can use your numberpad as a mouse. Its just a different input device, but one of your actions still leads to one action in game. So long as the ratio is 1:1, there is no problem.

If you have future questions that do not fit into one of the specific forums (skills, quests, items, etc...) you should post them in the General forum.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?74,75,917,57928214