25-Nov-2008 Stealing Creation rewards system to change

Toad

We're working on a major change to the way in which the Stealing Creation rewards work, so we thought we'd let you know in advance what we're planning to do. The change will take place by the end of the year and will have the following effects:

We're aware that there was a bug in the first few days after release that let some players get a lot of points very quickly. This has since been fixed, but some players had already used it to get an unfair number of points. When we make the change, we will also bring everyone's points down to a reasonable level. A player will be able to have up to 10 tools, 10 pieces of combat equipment, and 200,000 stored points. Any more than this will be lost. So if you have more than this, now is the time to use them!

After the change, no Combat experience will be given inside the Stealing Creation minigame. Instead, the sacred clay combat equipment rewards will give experience in the same way that the tools do.

Both the tools and the combat equipment will give experience at a greater rate than at present. In fact, while you are using a sacred clay tool or piece of combat equipment, the experience you gain will be doubled! (The volatile tool will still give a little more on top of this.) On the other hand, the equipment will run out of charge a bit faster than it does now.

The reward items will not have a set number of times they can transform; instead, they will gradually lose charge as they give you experience. Up until they run out of charge, they can be changed freely. (The volatile tool works slightly differently; it will change by itself for every 10% of its total charge that is used, and if you change it deliberately it will lose some charge.)

The reward points you buy items with will work differently. At the end of a game, your personal score for that game will be converted into a reward score, and it will be this reward score that you use to buy items.

Mod John A

RuneScape Developer

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm interesting. What happens if you have tools NOW though. Will they crumble to dust or something when the new ones come into force?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Mmmm interesting. What happens if you have tools NOW though. Will they crumble to dust or something when the new ones come into force?

I don't think so, I just think they'll change the "effects" on them or whatever, but if you have more then 10 tools, I think all your tools will vanish but 10.

but I'm not sure.

Octopus.jpg

Doubled experience? Jeez, the reward points must be put down really low now. Otherwise, brawling gloves might become kinda crap.

I'm a little worried about that double experience. But the rest is good. GF to my friend who has 10m points XD

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Very interesting I kind of like the tools as they are now although they will give more exp. I wonder if it will be double the exp for every tool, if so imagine making green d hide bodies and getting a whopping 2x exp or mith plates, although it could have the rule of the charge only works for 1 bar as is right now. It kinda stinks that they are removing the fact that you gain cmb exp from the minigame because it was quite fun to barrage and get xp for free.

Oh and yeah I have over 25 tools in the bank so I guess I'll be saying goodbye to those

Getting another sig

[removed]

Need to stock up on 10 tools and a few sets of armour methinks lol.

*off to play SC tonight*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

All together, I think this is better for Stealing Creation; more than what it is now.

-Double exp is good

-Combat weapons and armuor giving double exp is good. I hope they update weapons stats (not rune scim stats).

-I better use my hammers I've saved up quickly...

-Hope they update pickaxe

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I was hoping they would add small exp to everything in the game, not take it away from everything. I wish they wouldn't wait till the end of the year to do this, it seriously should have some better priority (I know the master quest deserves a lot). By the time this is updated I will have no use for any of the items really (Unless they plan to update the axe and harpoon to be better) since 99 smithing is the only stat I have left to do with the "good" clay tools. Only good thing this will do is make another rush of people, make it really fun for a few days, so many 1 itemers these days now.

all i can say is LOL at my luck...yesterday i got over 2m points and figured y not get the free rune armor sets and pk? so i did...take a look

sc5.jpg

scarmor.jpg

looks like ill be doin some more sc for the double xp :(

i gotta question on the pickaxe though i went to mine gold with it in the w/e mines (inside the rock thing) and it was extremely slow in fact when i mined the regular gold rocks in the animation it showed a bronze pick instead of the sc one and on the veins on the walls it didnt even have an animation i jus got a message in chat saying u swing ur pick at the rock while my character stood there and after a very long time a gold ore finally popped up in my inventory i then switched to a rune pick and got the ore so much faster that imo it more than made up for the very slow extra xp with the sc pick is it spose to be like that?

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

I'm hoping they put a bank or something in the SC lobby. Having to run to BH to get my tool after every game so I can add 10 more charges to it is annoying.

I wonder if the combat weapons will give double combat experience? If it does, it might be worth using even if the stats are like a rune scim what with all the insane bonuses you can get at the level 85 zombies. Knowing Jagex though it'll have some annoying catch like having to wear the whole set to get the bonus :roll:

Supposed to be like that? Probably not.

Unfortunately it is like that. Even when I was mining clay last night, it was ridiculously slow... CLAY at 70-ish mining... taking 6-7 seconds each... should not happen.

The axe is the same way, taking the proporties of bronze axe.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

After the change, no Combat experience will be given inside the Stealing Creation minigame. Instead, the sacred clay combat equipment rewards will give experience in the same way that the tools do.

I can't see using a slightly better rune scimitar with 10% exp boost being better experience then using a whip.

Zerker_jane.png

I can't see using a slightly better rune scimitar with 10% exp boost being better experience then using a whip.

Why does everyone think that any new item that comes out has to be the best? It doesn't have to be better than the whip.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Why does everyone think that any new item that comes out has to be the best? It doesn't have to be better than the whip.

Is it not common sense that an item with it's key feature being the exp boost it gives would yield at least a slightly better exp rate then other easily accesible weapons?

Zerker_jane.png

No, it's common sense that an item with it's key feature being the exp boost it gives would yield better exp than another item at or around the same level. This being the Rune Scimitar, and I think it does great in that case.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Edit- Sorry- forgot to write something after the quote. Anyhoo, I'm not liking this. As afore mentioned, the armor is the level with the general stats as rune/greendd'hide/mystic. Few high levels will touch it. The removal of exp sound like a mistake- the more logical thing would have been to ADD exp to skillers. I suspect that, for all its merits, this game won't be played often. The rewards may be "improved" but they're still no where good enough.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

This is more of an update for low-med players. As in, around level 100. The majority of players are around the medium leve, it's common business sense that they should appeal to the largest group of players.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Sucks how it couldnt be 12 of each. :x

Having 1 set of melee, 1 set of magic and 1 set of ranged armour in the bank stinks if I cant have every item of each set.

Il probably destroy range top and bottom, i guess. -.-

I like the double exp feature for the tools though.

Might make SC popular for a while. ;)

To be honest, if the exp is doubled for the SC Scimmy, and you don't have to wear the rest of the armor to get the bonus, I'd use the Scimmy when doing Slayer on Strength Setting.

Slayer Helm + Scimmy double exp could be a good thing... <3:

I have 860k points I am wondering if the tools are stackable in the bank? Im planning to buy all the tools until I have just about 210k points.

They'll all just dissapear when the update comes as you can only have 10 tools. :(

p.s. Havn't seen you on in a while :o

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

This is more of an update for low-med players. As in, around level 100. The majority of players are around the medium leve, it's common business sense that they should appeal to the largest group of players.

Except of course if that business wants to keep the players once they become 'high'er leveled.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png