25-Nov-2008 Stealing Creation rewards system to change

Toad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds pretty lousy to me, to be honest. Anyone who had a million+ points saved basically just got smashed in the face. It's perfectly possible to win 100k+ points per game, so having over a million points saved isn't unreasonable.

"Spend your points now" huh? Except for the fact that you can't spend it on tools, since you need to play one more game for each tool. And seeing as you'd easily get 100k+ points per game anyways, you wouldn't be "spending" many points unless you're just sitting there the whole time doing nothing. While I suppose many would do that, wouldn't that make the game less fun for current players? The team with the fewer leeches will probably be the one winning. Typical Jagex, designing updates in a manner that incites more anger between players.

Buying armor isn't much of an option either. Seeing as it'll degrade with usage rather than transforming, it won't be ideal, cheap to lose PK gear for people like me who aren't very good at PKing.

Also, I hear a lot of people talking about how the XP is going to be weapon only. I doubt it. If only the weapon gives bonus XP, why would anyone wear the other 3 items? They do the same thing as now, except they degrade with no bonus at all. If it's XP per piece, then you'd have to accept an inferior helm to get the full 100% bonus. The plate and legs are arguable, since many level 120+ still use rune, but the helm is undeniably weaker than the other helmets available (Black mask, Slayer Helmet, Helm of Neitiznot, Berserker / Warrior Helms, Fighter's Hat, etc). Even the body + legs mean that you lose access to barrows gear, proselyte if you're praying, magic defense gear if you're fighting spectres without prayer, etc. On that note, many slayer monsters will automatically prevent you from using a helm. There goes a chunk of your bonus.

Finally, the most gruesome possibility is that all the pieces must be worn. That would make the set very restricted in usage, since you can't use it for many slayer tasks thanks to lack of helm, you don't want to use it for slayer thanks to lack of black mask / slayer helmet (With the possible exception of undead tasks, where Salve(e) still works).

Also, why is everyone focused on the melee gear? Melee combat stats are usually the first maxed by anyone, and probably the easiest to train as well. What about Rangers? Oh right they get to train with a YEW LONGBOW if they want bonus XP. Yea, that's going to be useful. And if armor is required... one more nail in the coffin. Yew Longbow + Green Dragonhide equipment.

The armor will become extremely limited in usage, even more so than it is now.

Finally, it's worth noting that even if you do have a use for the armor, and even if you didn't have to play 1 game per tool...

10 tools + 10 pieces of armor = 20 bank spaces. Hell, farming doesn't even take up that many bank spaces unless you keep every single random seed like potato and onion, and they gave us an extra few rows for that. These items don't stack. They don't go in the house. You can't save the points and buy the equipment when you want it.

All in all, this intended fix seems to also, in the process, degrade the rewards.

Well put and 100% in agreeance.

Just when jagex finally makes a fun game....

Leave it to them to make it worthless again.

Limits.... decreasing xp.....all to familiar. Not a balance at all.

1.Limits are to prevent abuse of the tools

2.Decreasing XP is to make things fairer for Skillers

Jagex released the update and with everyone playing in the first few days there was unexpected issues and now they are in Damage Control mode.I For one am glad that they are removing all XP from in-game and adding it to the rewards.

[hide=Stats/Goals And Drops]66evilone67.gif

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

3 - Black Mask

3 - Dragon Med Helm---1 - Dragon Boots---1 - Dragon Spear

5 - Granite Maul[/hide]

Yay, Combat Players don't get free experience anymore! I don't care if Skillers got exp to compensate, the fact that a level 60+ runecrafter could make all the runes required for a Ice Barrage spell was utterly asinine.

I'd personally rather get tools giving Double EXP than get EXP ingame. If you add up the experience in the long run, the Double EXP pays off.

hzvjpwS.gif

The scimitar and bow will have use to those with less than 70 attack or without rune c'bow. I believe that because the scimitar is cheap and has low requirements, Jagex has 0 reasons to make it a threat to the abyssal whip. That means... Double xp on range and meelee with full set only.

Oh and magic has some easy ways of training? Double xp with full set and damage spells only. Problem solved.

Oh, SC isn't popular after a little while? We'll just make a few themed worlds.

Whip will not be threatened IN any way anytime soon.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

They'll just release it on wednesday or thursday... Seriously half the updates used to be released on wednesday.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I have a feeling the clay scim will be no where as good as a whip, even with the double exp, so it will be nice for those with less than 70 attack but useless for those over it. I hope that the bonus is not dependent on wearing the whole set, because then it will be completely useless to me. If you get a little bonus from the top + bottom it might be ok for melee because rune isn't THAT bad for training. I'll keep my void set for range though.

As for mage, i normally don't train it though combat, except through this mini-game so taking away the combat experience just uber nerfs the real reward from the game-free magic experiance. Which means few people will do combat, and the game will get boring. Magic is too expensive to use for combat outside of this game so it was really nice to be able to use it to get exp. THANKS FOR THE NERF. NOT

IF they update the pick and axe to be the same as rune then they might start to be useful but otherwise not. The butterfly net will never be useful, as it is not a good way to train hunter. As for the other tools, they will become ridiculously useful; 2x exp for smithing?! although i bet anything prices go up to compensate for this, making skilling way more expensive especially if you do not use the tools meaning everyone will have to!!

I was hoping they would add exp to gathering in-game rather than take it all away. In fact, this is a horrible update and does the exact opposite of what i would hope, with the exception of taking away points from cheaters who got to many the first few days.

more than anything i hope they make the armor stack able in your bank.

My only consolation is that the mini-game is very fun, and probably the best one jajex has ever made in terms of gameplay. The rewards still blow.

2imak3l.png

Goodfight 3.6M points that I can't use because of bankspace #-o #-o #-o #-o

The armour and tools don't stack in bank right?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Complete... Bull..

200k points max? wtf... Anyone who has some high skills, and can play the game well can easily get 100k+ per game.. it's even possible to get close to/over 200k legit as well. That's max points in 1 - 2 games.. and then forced to use them for items we may not need at that moment? That's a giant slap in the face to anyone who plays this game for total fun. I have no problem playing SC for a few hours at a time, which means a 200k limit would be.. garbage... Cmon, jagex can't let players stash points they don't need yet? So anyone who wants to play for fun and doesnt have bank space to spend on items... means they can play for hours, rewardless, and eventually if they do want a bulk of these items, they had all that work in which they could have had those items they deserve from their work.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Complete... Bull..

200k points max? wtf... Anyone who has some high skills, and can play the game well can easily get 100k+ per game.. it's even possible to get close to/over 200k legit as well. That's max points in 1 - 2 games.. and then forced to use them for items we may not need at that moment? That's a giant slap in the face to anyone who plays this game for total fun. I have no problem playing SC for a few hours at a time, which means a 200k limit would be.. garbage... Cmon, jagex can't let players stash points they don't need yet? So anyone who wants to play for fun and doesnt have bank space to spend on items... means they can play for hours, rewardless, and eventually if they do want a bulk of these items, they had all that work in which they could have had those items they deserve from their work.

The reward points you buy items with will work differently. At the end of a game, your personal score for that game will be converted into a reward score, and it will be this reward score that you use to buy items.

So you will be getting fewer points each game, and possibly the rewards will be priced differently.

I wish people would read things thoroughly before jumping into crazed rants.

2imak3l.png

cf1d8043e1.png

i got a full set of each armor thats bull, i worked hard to get my armor (i really did) so now i have to decided which ones i want to keep cause it probably wont ask you, this makes me really angry, and now i cant just wear the stuff its gonna degrade one me, this is a bunch of bull

I R ANGRY

Tip.it's official Ninja

i got a full set of each armor thats bull, i worked hard to get my armor (i really did) so now i have to decided which ones i want to keep cause it probably wont ask you, this makes me really angry, and now i cant just wear the stuff its gonna degrade one me, this is a bunch of bull

I R ANGRY

You dont have to decide which one you keep since converting the armour will be free. One set and your settled. You are right about the degrading though. I hope they degrading will work like barrows, so only when used in combat.

Anyway, I was wondering, what's best now (if you dont have any pts yet): Gather 10 armour pieces and 10 morphic tools now, since they are easy to get, and stock up on them.

This is, assuming you will need get less pts per game, so armour and tools will be harder to get.

On the other hand, maybe it's best to use all your tools NOW since now they last for 1k uses, while Jagex states the new version will last shorter, however yields more xp. Hard to decide.

Another argument to use them now is that you might still be able to get one tool per game, even after the update (ie you can get enough pts in a game to buy one tool), only the tools will degrade much faster.

no fun jagex.....i have 1.5m points....no cheating :^o and i worked hard for about 500k of them. i mean, CAAAAAAAM AWWWWWWWWWN!!!!! i hope at least with this update the volatile pick will be as fast as at least addy....

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

No! This just blows...

1. I have over 2 mil points and I'm not getting members back till february. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THE 2 MIL?...watch it get cut by 90%???

2. No more free mage XP? :evil:

3. The items are going to degrade VERY much faster than barrows.

4. You will most probably need the full set for the 2X XP

5. You will get less points per game, ie. more games needed to get the tools. So, it is worth the effort to play a minigame which doesn't give XP for 3-5 hours to get the weapon/armour set or tools which lasts for 5-10 hours but 2x xp?

6. The minigame will lose popularity.

I only played the first day the game came out and then one or two times since but i have well over 1mil points and i didnt cheat. Even if i just go and kill other players most of the game i was still getting near 40-50k points per game. When i farmed the clay i got 80-90k per game. I didnt stock up on the tool when i has the chance because i wanted to save my points for possible better rewards i never i guessed JAGEX would take away my earned points. I mean really what the hell i have to play a round of the game each time if i want to buy a tool thats gunna get me more points wich are going to just be taken away. I already have a set of the noob armour from the game which i dont want anymore of. This is just total bull crap... Make a fun mini game then bang the heck out of it until no one wants to play it anymore(taking away the combat xp) .....GOOD JOB JAGEX....

you guys need to read the update. It didn't say they are setting a cap, just that if you have more than 200K at the time of the update, it goes down to 200K.

So it's still possible to have more, you just can't keep the ones from before.

Also, no one said that they got them by cheating, but people have way too many points right now because it was unbalanced. They are just working to fix it.

OMG No More Mage exp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :wall:

Thank God. I was fed up with mages getting exp in game. -.-

I'm not sure how the rewards are gonna go, I like the idea of double exp though definately and seeing as I don't have an insane amount of points I should be unscathed after the update. I'm just completely and utterly relieved that they're taking experience out of the game because it was seriously annoying me. I would have preferred exp for skillers as well as mages but I guess you can't always get what you want. The sooner they update with this, the better. \'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].