SC: Don't you just love the noobs?

Gandorf61

Ok, I can see what you're getting at. I myself have had the same problems.

Personally, I prefer to skill. Even though I could potentially kill most of the other skillers, I don't

But what really irritates me is my own team complaing about the lack of equipment that we who chose to skill are supposed to supply.......If they fail to defend us, why should we supply them? Why should we co-operate as a team when they will not do the same for us?

Basically, I'm saying that, while we SC skillers have a harder time we take the brunt of the warriors, mages and rangers. I understand they're doing it for the team......but when your own team turns on you because there isn't any runes left in the store there's something wrong

And no matter how much you tell them that there was a mage like him/her that just died out there after taking down hordes of brave lower levels, will he/she listen? It's about as likely as the d plate being dropped commonly by goblins and chickens and remaining at 30mil+!

My complaint is not so much about the camping but more about the way skillers are actually treated. Many (not all) pvpers seem to believe that they are the lord of Stealing Creation. Perhaps they are.....but is not a lord dependant on his harder-working-than-him subjects?

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noobs like you (Who have high skills? No you don't... ) flaming me when I barrage them into oblivion is half the fun. The barraging is the other half. Don't take that away from me.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

My complaint is not so much about the camping but more about the way skillers are actually treated. Many (not all) pvpers seem to believe that they are the lord of Stealing Creation. Perhaps they are.....but is not a lord dependant on his harder-working-than-him subjects?

^ Yeah I totally agree with you there. Skillers are just as important as the pkers but are often thought of as inferior, mostly because of their level or because they don't fight back and instead run away. The point of being a skiller is to gather materials, not to fight back but some people just don't seem to realize that.

Noobs like you (Who have high skills? No you don't... ) flaming me when I barrage them into oblivion is half the fun. The barraging is the other half. Don't take that away from me.

So you basically love killing lower levels and making the game frustrating and annoying for everyone on the other team? It's people like you who barrage in groups make the game seem far from fun and aggravating. The stupid thing is as soon as we actually steel your runes you go flaming back at us insulting our noobish thieving tactics when it's the only way to actually stop you. And unlike you many of us don't think it's fun to make others mad.

Some high levels enjoy ancienting and camping outside the enemy base is because it is fun and you get XP from it.

Its part of the game.

Pickpockets can counter this, if you are organised, you can get all your team mates to come out at different intervals and picpocket a single mage, and there goes his runes.

Also, I would skill more IF they gave me XPs for skilling.

Sorry I kinda found the first post really stupid.

You said its for PKers and Skillers.

There are PKers .. they're PKing.

There are skillers. they're skilling!

:shame:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

So you basically love killing lower levels and making the game frustrating and annoying for everyone on the other team? It's people like you who barrage in groups make the game seem far from fun and aggravating. The stupid thing is as soon as we actually steel your runes you go flaming back at us insulting our noobish thieving tactics when it's the only way to actually stop you. And unlike you many of us don't think it's fun to make others mad.

Let's face it, ice barrage is really fun. So is killing people - much more so than watching your character stand in front of a nest catching butterflies.

The only worthwhile reward from the game is the tools, of which you can only buy 1/game. As long as you get 20k points/game (which is entirely possible by killing people, and then some if you deposit your equipment at the end) there's no reason to skill and get more points unless for some perverse reason you find it more fun than using some of the best combat equipment in the game and casting free ice barrages.

If someone steals my runes, I kill them with my dagger and then go make more runes - I don't complain. In repayment I ask that you don't whine when I play the game that Jagex made for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually when this hapens and I am tagged at my base I get a dagger put item protect on along with magic pray and go outside.

First I try to thieve them if I get lucky and get their runes (MWUAHAHAHAHA :twisted: ) I quickly run back. If I'm going to die and I have the runes, I drop them and then have enough HP and Run AND PRAY to get the runes and score.

If my Thieving fails and I've been attacked I simply turn run on and start stabbing like a gangster, when I am about to die I switch to Retribution. If I have enough prayer left I might activate Chiv :-w

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

First, high levels took over CastleWars and made it pointless for <80 cbt. players. Then, Duel Arena, Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, and now Stealing Creation.

Can't you leave us at least one minigame where you don't try to spoil it for everyone?

Jagecx could be like Blizzard and separate the combat lvls into tiers.

In warsong gulch (basically castle wars) there are the following tiers:

10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc. and then a tier solely for lvl 80s

But they're just enjoying the game, and minigames and boss raids are ENDGAME content. That means that you will want to play minigames towards the END of your gaming career when there's nothng left to level up.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

@RayOxide and bobthesock

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I have no problem with the pkers going around killing everyone throughout the game. My only problem is when the camp outside the enemy base making it near impossible for us to actually get out and do anything. They can go ahead and kill us anywhere else just not 3 spaces from our base.

At least that way we'd have a fighting chance.

First, high levels took over CastleWars and made it pointless for <80 cbt. players. Then, Duel Arena, Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, and now Stealing Creation.

Can't you leave us at least one minigame where you don't try to spoil it for everyone?

So you're telling me (ultra) high-levels shouldn't have the right to play a minigame that was meant for everyone? Don't ruin the reputation of the genuine ranters.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

So you're telling me (ultra) high-levels shouldn't have the right to play a minigame that was meant for everyone? Don't ruin the reputation of the genuine ranters.

Pathetic. Your saying we're the bad guys for being better then you? In the real world, it's like an idiot screaming at a smart physicist saying he shouldn't be allowed to think of things because he's smarter then him.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

lol one of them was probably one of my mates

he was telling me how good mage exp this was \'

It's not. People can't get through their heads that free XP doesn't equal good XP. If your getting 1/10th the mage XP you would if you were alching instead for a loss of, say, 60k an hour, your going to end up spending 9 times as much time trying to train magic.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• 2 weeks later...
@RayOxide and bobthesock

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I have no problem with the pkers going around killing everyone throughout the game. My only problem is when the camp outside the enemy base making it near impossible for us to actually get out and do anything. They can go ahead and kill us anywhere else just not 3 spaces from our base.

At least that way we'd have a fighting chance.

Yeah, because it would be great for Jagex to get rid of ancient camping in SC! Because those stupid level 135s don't deserve to be able to do what they got 99 mage for! That's a brilliant idea!

End of sarcasm.

No.

I will now drizzle rage dressing onto the salad of fury!

So we have fun, kill you to keep your from getting points like we're supposed to, and because of it we're 10 year old noobs? Logic fail, please. Honestly, that's the point of the game - get points yourself, keep the other team from getting them! Pickpocket those mages, it's very effective. I would know, I'm having fun practicing magic combos there <3:

This is true, but the ancienters are there for fun, not points, anyway SC gives hardly any points for killing, anyway, get over it, it's a game, there is going to be bad and good things..

S1r_eatalot.png

So we have fun, kill you to keep your from getting points like we're supposed to, and because of it we're 10 year old noobs? Logic fail, please. Honestly, that's the point of the game - get points yourself, keep the other team from getting them! Pickpocket those mages, it's very effective. I would know, I'm having fun practicing magic combos there <3:

This is true, but the ancienters are there for fun, not points, anyway SC gives hardly any points for killing, anyway, get over it, it's a game, there is going to be bad and good things..

Who are you kidding? Here's my options:

Ancient and get 25-30k points for 23-24 end game points

Farm points and get 60-80k points for 24-25 end game points

I'll be ancienting, thank you.

DeviledEgg24.png

Lets see, figure about 35 kills a game at about 70 damage per kill(avg hp might be lower but many eat) at 5 points a kill is 12,250 points. Now add in the points from all the arrows / runes I collect from your dead corpses and the number easily goes way higher, add in even more points from making my own runes / arrows and I'm easily getting 30-40k points a game. Its your fault for not being able to defend against a mage, try training your skills higher so you can fight back, we had to spend countless hours high alching to get our barrage so you should be willing to spend an equal amount of time if you want to defend against it.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Jagex overlooked one key fact when designing this minigame- high level killers are mad skillers. They're generally self-sufficient, whereas, though capable of making anything, low level mega skillers are incapable of using the equipment or defending themselves. And, given the aforementioned self-sufficiency, high combat levels have to reason to lend aid.

In my opinion, you should have to choose are you a PKer or a Skiller before you enter the game, and you are binded to that task for the whole round. Skillers are unable to attack other players, and PKers are unable to gather recourses.

This would force PKers to co-operate with the Skillers, instead of being self-sufficient.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Trouble Brewing is underrated. :D

I don't have a problem with ancienters in SC. You just need to be prepared for them is all. If you don't die the first time, you won't get stuck in the awkward position of trying to escape the spawn room with a group of ice barragers attacking you as soon as you exit, and you can pickpocket them from behind or whatever.

Mages have the right to cast their spells. I wouldn't begrudge any mage free runes in a minigame...it would be cruel to expect them to pay for their expensive barrage spells when melee and range get to fight for free, don't you agree?

Jagex overlooked one key fact when designing this minigame- high level killers are mad skillers. They're generally self-sufficient, whereas, though capable of making anything, low level mega skillers are incapable of using the equipment or defending themselves. And, given the aforementioned self-sufficiency, high combat levels have to reason to lend aid.

In my opinion, you should have to choose are you a PKer or a Skiller before you enter the game, and you are binded to that task for the whole round. Skillers are unable to attack other players, and PKers are unable to gather recourses.

This would force PKers to co-operate with the Skillers, instead of being self-sufficient.

@ravenkana

In the tutorial, it says, "Skillers make items for pkers, while the pkers defend the skillers. There must be some sense of team work and cooperation in here...nah, everyone knows that only noobs work together...[/sarcasm]

I think what should be said is that the players didn't anticipate another version of Barbarian Assualt that gives good rewards with Stealing Creation.

Why is it unreasonable for a group of 3 ancients to guard a group of 3 skillers?

It's even better than the self-sufficient higher lvls because you have 3 attackers and 3 resource gathers instead of 1 of both in one player.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE PKers IN STEALING CREATIONS THIS WILL HUGELY BENEFIT YOU.

Yeah, it was worth capping, red-ding, and super sizing.

There are skilling-only clans out there, and I am personally in one. If you do not like combat, join one. Also, they finish games in a very fast ~13-16 minutes.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

The way I see it, pkers in in sc are keeping prices for raw materials down. Imagine if these high levels just let everyone gather points easily without killing them. Everyone would play sc for its easy rewards and that would cause an increased demand for items like green d'hide, bars, planks and such which would make their prices soar. So really, we should be thanking them. :D

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png