No-one trying to decipher Chaos Elemental message this time?

Suiku

OK, my thoughts:

Gentlemen,

I recall with great pleasure those days that you, of course, do not. Nial was there, but he was different then, just like you all. Time changes us all, as do curses. I pray you forgive me for this.

B.Y.

Could be a few things; notice allusion to words both "forgive" and "forget" here. Wouldn't be surprised if a new quest is named "forgive and forget", or if they were new prayers. Don't know what "BY" stands for.

What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not.

Well, certainly starts with a Phoenix familiar, seems pretty clear there. Could be a goblin reference as well; they are Bandos worshippers. The word "old" is used seven times here; can't be an accident.

First, BY is more than likely Baba Yaga, as they seem to be initials.

Second, there are SIX goblin storyline quest, the next will be the seventh, again proving my theory. Jagex is making it blindingly obvious that there'll be yet another goblin quest...They must be really excited about it..

RuneScape junkie since 3/03.

RED CHIN TRAINING DEVALUES THE RANGED CAPE!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"old power" Isn't the dorgeshunn agility course based around some ancient power station?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

First, BY is more than likely Baba Yaga, as they seem to be initials.

Second, there are SIX goblin storyline quest, the next will be the seventh, again proving my theory. Jagex is making it blindingly obvious that there'll be yet another goblin quest...They must be really excited about it..

Good call on BY. With the achievement Diary coming out, there could be an item that unlocks new prayers / lunar magics (like how slayer staff unlocks Magic Dart).

Have there really been 6 goblin quests? Yeah, seems that it has to be the seventh in the on-deck circle.

stormveritas.png

Betentacled Ganondorf7769,

Ralvash is gone; Muspah, famous, sleeps with the fishies, if fishies frozen could be. That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare. Bizarre: one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye.

Quite possibly something to do with the frozen wastes to the North, possibly the GWD. The drifting shadows bit may be a reference to the Mahjarrat(?), or some more information concerning Zaros.

Gentlemen,

I recall with great pleasure those days that you, of course, do not. Nial was there, but he was different then, just like you all. Time changes us all, as do curses. I pray you forgive me for this.

B.Y.

This bit is a little tricky, but the part about 'Time changes us all, as do curses' leads me to believe that someone has been trapped by a curse for many years (maybe Arrav, maybe the trapped soldier in the temple in Enakrah's Lament).

What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not.

I don't know where people are getting this 'Phoenix' idea from, a white bird is usually interprated as a Dove (peace) as opposed to a Phoenix usually depicted as red/orange :wall: . Etymology is the study of words and grammar, and their origins, and Ornithology is obviously the study of birds. The way that Bandos is referred to and the overuse of 'old' leads me to be believe that this hint is more about Bandos directly then simply another Goblin quest-line, but I'm probably wrong about that.

This great, high, uplifted land, Corrupt and Natural, and all things bound within the soul of the slayer - whose land is it? The red and the green, but not entirely like or unlike the ramblings of a mad, dead man.

This seems to be hinting towards some form of conflict (probably between the gods, or at least, their followers) disputing who actually 'owns' Runescape, so to speak. 'The Red and Green' may be a reference to Zamorak and Guthix, but that doesn't make much sense: why would Guthix and Zamorak be the sole gods disputing this, unless of course Zamorak has found a way to return to this realm (as he was banished by Guthix I believe?). I just think this because weren't the mourners trying to bring him back, or something.

Within a darkening universe,

Reappropriated Polychromatic Reptile

And this bit just sounds like some sort of metal dragon (because if dragons were real, I'm sure they would be classified as a reptile?) :|

"What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not"

This white bird reminds me of a dove. Doves are a symbol of peace. Some kind of God Wars Peace? Bandos isn't there, Bandos loves war?

It sounds like the other gods are going to try for some sort of peace. Bandos returns, doesn't like it, and calls up as many of his old "friends" as possible to disrupt the accords. Or, all of the old references could simply mean that we're getting another History quest in which we see the start of the God Wars.

I think that because Zanik wanted peace in the goblin tribes, Bandos got mad and locked her up. Maybe something historical will happen in the last quest.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

This great, high, uplifted land, Corrupt and Natural, and all things bound within the soul of the slayer - whose land is it? The red and the green, but not entirely like or unlike the ramblings of a mad, dead man.

Few thoughts on this one.

• [*:1qvrqui0]Corrupt and Natural could refer to something PK related.[*:1qvrqui0]"High, uplifted land" is either a mountain, or a plateau. It could also be in the slayer tower, where the ground is elevated and the tower is too. [*:1qvrqui0]"Red" and "green" immediately bring to mind "zamorak" and "guthix" in a CW like situation, but this may not be related. The only "mad" man I remember is Melzar, but I don't think he's dead.[*:1qvrqui0]Anagram: Mad, Dead Man = Mead And Mad, Madam Daden/Adden/Neadd

Nothing comprehensive, but a few thoughts.

For this part I'm thinking a barrows addition. It makes sense:

-High, uplifted land - Barrows mound

-Corrupt and natural - Barrows brothers are corrupt, but they used to be natural/still are OR the area around them is natural.

-All things bound within the soul of the slayer - You get some of their powers if you slay them all and use all of their armour.

-The red and green - The brothers are red, everything else in the area is green.

-Mad dead man - no idea.

Of course I'm kinda clutching at straws here, but, this just jumped to my mind as I read your post.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I KNOW WHAT THE RAKTUOBER OR W/E THING IS!

ITS THE BEGINNING OF MECHSCAPE!

It all just clicked. Jagex stated that they'll be releasing MechScape in Q1 of this coming year. Raktuober (or w/e) FALLS IN THAT TIME PERIOD!

RuneScape junkie since 3/03.

RED CHIN TRAINING DEVALUES THE RANGED CAPE!

Doing some more work on this:

Ralvash is gone; Muspah, famous, sleeps with the fishies, if fishies frozen could be. That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare. Bizarre: one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye.

I still believe "Ralvash is gone" is an anagram, but I have yet to solve it.

"Muspah, famous, sleeps with the fishies, if fishies frozen could be." - This Phrase may have a link to the first one. Muspah may also be an anagram. The phrase about the "fishies" implys that he/it is sleeping in the ice. This could either mean frozen in time, or physically frozen. I believe this might have something to do with the ice plateau, leading from the next section.

"That's where the shadows are shadowed, and even the delvers don't dare." - This phrase is using a phrase infront of it, implying that shardows are showed where fishies could be frozen. The only place a fish could be frozen is in a lake of ice, or a glacier, unless they are talking about "frozen time". Delvers don't dare, is implying something about dwarves, since they are the delvers of the world. "Even the delvers don't dare" means its a place even someone who loves being underground wouldn't go. A new cave in the ice perhaps?

"Bizarre: one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift - and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye." - The point I notice most in this is the comment "Bizarre". As in something that wasn't expected to happen? This may be a hint at the Dragon Kin as nobody but us players at this moment realize they are the puppet masters.

Gentlemen,

B.Y.

Kudos for whoever said B.Y. was Bab Yaga. It could be right, but who is Nial, or maybe thats an anagram? And what curse? I'm still at a loss on this one.

"What's in Raktuber this year?" - Raktuber is clearly a time in the RuneScape Calender.

"A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes." - A white bird is a description of a dove, which is the symbol of peace. Which supports the next phrase.

"That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power." - Bandos is not in peace, which is perhaps something to do with the goblin quest line. Keep in mind Jagex said the next quest in the goblin questline would be the LAST quest in its series.

"Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not." - "Old" is refering to something that Bandos is not in peace about. Something that is older than the CE who is writing this letter.

This has something to do with the guy at the chaos alter (dead man) who is in the portal at Summers End. It is telling us the clues are in talking to him as he is not correct, or incorrect about certain things. Ill report back after I talk to him a bit.

Reappropriated - Reappropriation is the cultural process by which a group reclaimsre-appropriatesterms or artifacts that were previously used in a way disparaging of that group.

Polychromatic - The term polychromatic is used to described light that exhibits more than one color. In a technical respect, this can also mean that it contains radiation of more than one wavelength.

Reptile - Reptiles, or members of the class Reptilia, are air-breathing, cold-blooded vertebrates that have skin covered in scales as opposed to hair or feathers.

This quite literally spells out to:

Beings with Scales which are of different colors are going to reclaim artifacts that were previously used in a way disparaging of that group.

Dragon Kin Anyone?

dawnsigblue-3.png

Beings with Scales which are of different colors are going to reclaim artifacts that were previously used in a way disparaging of that group.

Oh hey that is an interesting thought. That would seem to refer to dragon items, no? We've had all sorts of hints all over RS that the dragon items were made by the dragonkin originally.

A king sate on the rocky brow/Which looks o'er sea-born Salamis/And ships, by thousands, lay below,/And men in nations;--all were his!/He counted them at break of day--/And when the sun set where were they?

zorkish_orc.png

btw

PP

P.S. I tell good jokes, thank you very much! I came up with a doozy for the Wise Old Man last week and tea squirted out of his face. Lets see what you think of it:

Q What happens if you right-click and Use your own belly?

A Nothing intestine happens

Have some of that!

fail

What do you mean fail, that was quite clever and funny to me.

Lol, I gave a slight chuckle too >.>.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Ice and Shadow are all elements of the Ancient Spellbook, right? So maybe the next Grandmaster Quest will have something to do with the mysteries of Ancient Magic?

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Gentlemen,

B.Y.

Just a thought, but could this mean that BY cursed a group of people into losing their memories and is regretful?

EDIT: I searched for Zaros on the Runescape website and found this to be interesting.

Before I was imprisoned there were many of us, the most powerful of which you have named - but do not forget Sliske the serpent-tongued, who delves the shadows, and the impostor Zamorak, who calls himself a god.

Relevant, perhaps?

• 1 month later...

I know this thread has kind of been abandoned, but I love all the stuff you dudes (and girls) have come up with. :ohnoes: This makes me think again, how wonderful RS is in that there is a deep storyline, but you can totally ignore you want. I really suck at deciphering those CE things, but one of them was just irresistible...

RAKTUBER = TIME!

A white bird, seems to be a pheonix. Etymology is to do with words, so could our cute little pheonixes have a deeper meaning? As in, the word "Pheonix" has a deeper, truer meaning, and thus so also the Pheonix?

That's not where Bandos is: Physical or mental? I am a believer in the Zanik-Bandos-Box thingy, and I think there's gonna be that last Goblins quest. he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power: I'm thinking, old chum... some creepy stuff between the gods?? And goblins?? Old temple, there is that ancient goblin temple in "Land of the Goblins"...? Old plots, Gods vs. Earth races, goblins, cave/earth goblins... Old power, well we're talking gods, aren't we??

Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not.

Old is as old does- I think we're talking old as in not as old as Jas? Reference to Jas? Yummy?

No idea for that last bit... I did say I sucked at this, but that was just a delicious chunk of text, juicy and loaded with meaning. I won't be surprised if none of this surfaces, just a take on it.

I'm back on the forums! Older, wiser, and...

...still a noob...

Betentacled Ganondorf7769,

Gentlemen,

B.Y.

What I said before:

[hide=]About Raktuber:

In the Runescape Calendar there's 10 months.

Rintra -> January 1 - February 8

Moevyng -> February 9 - March 18

Bennath -> March 19 - April 19

Raktuber -> April 20 - May 23

Pentember -> May 24 - June 30

Fentuary -> July 1 - July 31

Septober -> August 1 - September 7

Ire of Phyrrys -> September 8 - October 17

Novtumber -> October 18 - November 25

Wintumber -> November 26 - December 31

Got from RSOF. So something is happening between April 20th and May 23rd possibly concerning Bandos and maybe the God Wars in general?[/hide]

Reinstatement of some of the ideas in this thread with my own:

My ideas now: I think that Brianite is possibly very correct with the possibility that Reappropriated Polychromatic Reptile stands for the Dragonkin that are looking for ancient artifacts. I think they could also quite possibly be the writers of this whole message since it closes with their reference. The 'within a darkening universe' could mean the fact that lucien is gaining power and that they will soon possibly have their revenge too. Maybe the sequel to WGS is in Raktuber? Could possibly just be something to do with the goblin quests and more of the relation of Bandos (Big High War God) to the goblins. Or could have to do with General Graardor or that GWD door as said before by numerous people, because of the white dove symbol of peace thing and Bandos isn't at peace. Etymology=Study of word origins, Ornithology=study of birds.

The "This great, high, uplifted land, Corrupt and Natural, and all things bound within the soul of the slayer - whose land is it? The red and the green, but not entirely like or unlike the ramblings of a mad, dead man." Obviously refers to the wilderness in the first part, and it is arguing whose land it really is, maybe red and green stand for Guthix and Zamorak? And the ghost near the chaos altar does talk about this, and some parts of what he says could be right and some parts wrong as said before.

Honestly, who cares? When is the last time ANYONE was right about figuring out a spoiler? Can't you just wait for the update?

Actually people have been pretty dang close before. And seriously STFU and GTFO if you have nothing to add to the thread. If you don't care, don't [bleep]ing post.

cool_sig1.jpg

Why doesn't anyone see that the red and green reference points to the goblins :wall: They wear and FIGHT over which color is better... Where are you getting the gods and other stuff like that? :?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I think the entire quote refers to the wildy and the red and green refers to dragons. The wildy is is where most of the green dragons live and Red Dragon Isle is in the wildy

firagadean.png

Reappropriated - Reappropriation is the cultural process by which a group reclaimsre-appropriatesterms or artifacts that were previously used in a way disparaging of that group.

Polychromatic - The term polychromatic is used to described light that exhibits more than one color. In a technical respect, this can also mean that it contains radiation of more than one wavelength.

Reptile - Reptiles, or members of the class Reptilia, are air-breathing, cold-blooded vertebrates that have skin covered in scales as opposed to hair or feathers.

Dragon Kin Anyone?

Looking into things a bit much?

He's just signing off on the bottom of his letter:

Reappropriated = stolen

Polychromatic Reptile = chamelean

stole chamelean is an anagram of chaos elemental

crazykiwi - http://www.rsdrop.com

Dragon Kin Anyone?

Looking into things a bit much?

He's just signing off on the bottom of his letter:

Reappropriated = stolen

Polychromatic Reptile = chamelean

stole chamelean is an anagram of chaos elemental

Maybe Party Pete's chamelean was stolen.

Either from Party Pete or from somewhere so that party pete could have it.

Maybe party pete stole it from somewhere and now he is cursed with something? :P

Have you heard? Zaros will reborn in place where light and ice will meet, so..something lies in the ice..and it gona wake up? "one day it's almost time for a shadow to shift " what does this mean? Somethin is blocking light? :D so when shadow moves, light and ice will meet? And the shadow wakes up, empty lord? "and a shadow to open its unblinking, empty eye.

"