Tormented Demon Drop Changes - (04-December-2008)

Red_Tanya

Important information posted up in the RSOF (Quick find code: 15-16-539-58013800):

Mod Benny

Jagex Mod

04-Dec-2008 17:00:54

We have made a couple of changes to the behaviour and drop tables of the tormented demons. Due to the layout of the area they are in, they didn't behave the way we had planned, and a knock-on effect of this was that they became a lot easier to defeat. We also made an error when we calculated how many demons players would normally be able to kill over a certain period of time, which resulted in the dragon platebody parts being dropped at a more frequent rate than we had intended. To fix these problems, and to balance the demons to our initial design, the following changes have been made:

• [*:9m7lscsk]The demons will behave more appropriately against Ranged and Magic attacks, and not try to use melee attacks if the opponent is attacking them from a distance.

[*:9m7lscsk]The drop chances of the individual dragon platebody pieces have been reduced to give the drop rate we intended, considering the frequency at which they are killed.

Feel free to discuss these changes...

2bcacd2197.png

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

-George W. Bush

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a step in the right direction, but i also believe they should have made d claws morecommon aswell, and also made the demons a bit tougher defence wise.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I wonder why the pieces were so popular glad to know it was a mistake. I'm glad they are harder to kill now which meens more team killing and that meens more claws in the GE from cs :D

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Its a step in the right direction, but i also believe they should have made d claws morecommon aswell, and also made the demons a bit tougher defence wise.

+1

d claws more common=lower price =P~

That's what I don't want. #-o

RIP Michaelangelopolous

This is why I hate Jagex's Quality Assurance. :wall:

It's not up to us the players to see if everything is working properly, we're not the ones on payroll. If something isn't as they "intended" it's their own fault they didn't take the proper time to make sure.

Now the Tormented Demons are supposed to be harder, this is the Corporal Beast's stomp attack all over again. They're not pleased players started finding good ways to defeat them sooner than they wanted?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I wonder why the pieces were so popular glad to know it was a mistake. I'm glad they are harder to kill now which meens more team killing and that meens more claws in the GE from cs :D

Just went there, they are not harder to kill as before. At least not if you fight them face to face like I do. (I can still stay there for 2 hours with unicorn).

so again, in a big font:

They are right the same to kill as before, as long as you dont use safespot and prayer switch like you should! Drops are rarer now though.

Just went there, they are not harder to kill as before. At least not if you fight them face to face like I do. (I can still stay there for 2 hours with unicorn).

so again, in a big font:

They are right the same to kill as before, as long as you dont use safespot and prayer switch like you should! Drops are rarer now though.

I agree, i killed them face to face, so nothing has changed for me. They need beeing up def wise, damage wise and maybe make them switch attacks more often. Probably the only way to really make them tougher.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

If anything, they needed to raise the drop rate of the claws. I highly doubt they enjoy this much junk trading going on over a dragon weapon initially priced at 150k.

You have to admit they seemed to have had a 'logic' day off. Making a drop set at 150k, which gives it much wider appeal, and giving it super rare drop rate, then making a much more common drop, initially around 80x higher value in g.e, with much less wide appeal, it seems astounding. Really, who thinks it up?

zqXeV.jpg

If anything, they needed to raise the drop rate of the claws. I highly doubt they enjoy this much junk trading going on over a dragon weapon initially priced at 150k.

You have to admit they seemed to have had a 'logic' day off. Making a drop set at 150k, which gives it much wider appeal, and giving it super rare drop rate, then making a much more common drop, initially around 80x higher value in g.e, with much less wide appeal, it seems astounding. Really, who thinks it up?

QFT. They introduce a new weapon with an arguably better (or at least competitive) special than the DDS (the most commonly used speccing weapon), and set its price tag at 150k...They introduce a platebody which is statistically inferior to BCP and only around for aesthetic value.......and its price is 30m? AND you get a shard of it on completion of the quest...dumb.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I dont see why anyone who kills them to make cash would be complaining about this, they may be more rare but that will make prices go up and stay up. I think they should have made the piece you get from the quest more rare as a drop than the others though to kind of balance it out.

The pieces and the plate were dropping pretty fast so I think this was smart on Jagex part.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I dont see why anyone who kills them to make cash would be complaining about this, they may be more rare but that will make prices go up and stay up. I think they should have made the piece you get from the quest more rare as a drop than the others though to kind of balance it out.

The pieces and the plate were dropping pretty fast so I think this was smart on Jagex part.

the piece that you get is random

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

I think making them tougher is a good thing but not the lowered drop rate. I mean, tactically speaking, dragon plate is junk. There are armors five or ten levels better than it costing only a fraction of the cost. But oh well. They chose this path from the beginning, so instead of some new "God Armor" or something, we got dragon.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It takes 8 years of college to come up with this, I'd like to see you make something less logical, go on,try!

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

the piece that you get is random

Didn't realize that, thought everyone who finished got the same piece. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I highly doubt it was a mistake how they initially made the demons. Their response should be more like;

"We have made the demons stronger after careful consideration. We never knew so many players were capable of completing such a high leveled quest and were so capable of killing these demons in mass. We thought we had made the demons a challenge to even the highest leveled players but I guess we were wrong. We have now adjusted the demon so it will attack with ranged attacks more often now. That should provide a huge challenge for you high levels who had such high 65 Farming and were able to complete this amazingly hard quest. We are very sorry for accidently making the drop rate extremely high somehow, we have now fixed the drop rate so it is more rare now."

"Be prepared for our next quest which will require you to kill a very large mouse who fights by throwing cheese in the second grandmaster quest. You will be required to have 70 Fletching for this one to create cheese defense shields, so be prepared! They will require 67 defense which is one of our highest updates yet! THAT should stop those high levels from complaining about new high level armor!"

That seems more like what Jagex thinks amongst eachother.

Is it just me or does this always happen? Things didn't go as they planned, and now they have to change how things are done. I mean I think they did this on purpose, the drop rate was high on purpose, but why don't they just say that? They go around our backs for no real reason, and then come up with an excuse. :-#

Edit: Lep beat me to it :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde