Tormented Demon Drop Changes - (04-December-2008)

Red_Tanya

so basically you're all complaining about how they always have to change things to provide a difficulty, and intervene in the drop tables because items were becoming so common, and the fact that they didn't change the drop rate on something you actually want.

ummm...guys...think if they never did this...you'd all be complaining the game is too easy, that the drop rates are messed up, and that you never get what you want. Everyone would be one iteming pvp with dragon claws, and while you might get a drop 1/1000 times, most of the time you'll drain most of their hp and they'll teleport away (which is another common complaint)

I believe that the best way to say it is that everyone will complain about everything because everything is not perfect to everyone. And thanks to anomynousity of the internet, you can say what you want, exactally what you feel, without a problem.

And i don't want to argue, because i'll never come to this thread again. I just hate complainers that can't realize that this is jagex's game, and for everything they do they have a reason. It's not like they take 4 days off on the week and pull this all together on friday...

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it doesn't sound much of a change for me when it comes to killing them. And I've never had a dragon drop *yet* so this just makes it harder for me. Oh well, must keep truckin' for that beloved drop I am in search of.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Plates are falling in price Jesus Christ! I lost everything when I invested everything in screwing other people. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Somebody cries and Jagex nerfs it all to hell.

Imagine that. :roll:

Let me start crying.

My agility is useless!!!!!!!! Just get a terrorbird and you can run around forever. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nerf that to hell please. :pray:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

This isn't going to stop them from dropping. Its the fact that the smithing req is going to be 92 and its giong to be assistable. The drop rate was still a little high, and I agree with that -- but I still wanna know WHY THEY'RE LOWERING THE DPLATE REQ TO 92!

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Bah, again they release something and have to change it days later.

They should really reconsider an open test server. We tend to find a lot of glitches and unintended things in their updates mere hours after they're released, I think it would save them a lot of embarrassment if they let us take part in the testing phase. And a lot of money on the apparently useless QA team they have.

Yeah I know if they did that it could spoil the updates for people. That's why they could just add a new rule that outlaws spoilers, punishable by perma ban from the test server and possibly further consequences for the account. I'm sure if they made it a rule fansites like tif would be more than happy to enforce it.

Plates are falling in price Jesus Christ! I lost everything when I invested everything in screwing other people. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Let me start crying.

My agility is useless!!!!!!!! Just get a terrorbird and you can run around forever. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Wait. You do realize you can't sell any of the DPlate pieces on the GE for even lowest. Jagex didn't nerf it because people complained. They nerfed it because there were too many coming into the game.

Stellactic.gif

Let me start crying.

Wait. You do realize you can't sell any of the DPlate pieces on the GE for even lowest. Jagex didn't nerf it because people complained. They nerfed it because there were too many coming into the game.

You do realize that you can't sell a spectral shield at min.

Is that because there are too many coming into the game?

The reason you can't sell is that same idiots who were making a killing on dropping pieces ran around in this forums, other fansites, and the official forums proclaiming they are too easy to get.

So, the lightbulb in quite a few of the money grubbers goes on and they go "OH %*&@!" and plunk all their horded pieces in the GE at once.

And of course, thanks to Jagex's lovely price control system (err trade system..rofl), the price won't drop fast enough or not any at all to keep them selling.

And thus the market is frozen and if you check the official forums you will see all this "OMFG DPLATE can't SELL!" crap.

Finally, another fine update is terded up because you know Jagex won't do an extra inch of work unless somebody moans.

You'd have Summoning version one if people hadn't cried and you know it to. ;)

The dragon plate doesn't need to be rare, doesn't need to be 30 mil, it needs to be enjoyed.

Afterall, updates are meant to be enjoyed not horded up.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Let me start crying.

You do realize that you can't sell a spectral shield at min.

Is that because there are too many coming into the game?

The reason you can't sell is that same idiots who were making a killing on dropping pieces ran around in this forums, other fansites, and the official forums proclaiming they are too easy to get.

So, the lightbulb in quite a few of the money grubbers goes on and they go "OH %*&@!" and plunk all their horded pieces in the GE at once.

And of course, thanks to Jagex's lovely price control system (err trade system..rofl), the price won't drop fast enough or not any at all to keep them selling.

And thus the market is frozen and if you check the official forums you will see all this "OMFG DPLATE can't SELL!" crap.

Finally, another fine update is terded up because you know Jagex won't do an extra inch of work unless somebody moans.

You'd have Summoning version one if people hadn't cried and you know it to. ;)

The dragon plate doesn't need to be rare, doesn't need to be 30 mil, it needs to be enjoyed.

Afterall, updates are meant to be enjoyed not horded up.

have you ever fought them before the update? I myself had 1 drop (and I have VERY aweful luck) and I have some friends that managed to get 5+ solo drops in 2 days! That doesn't even include the teams of 2 or more people probably getting double that. Every world was also packed with players. The reason prices fell was because they drop was common like the person you quoted stated. Now that the drop rate/difficulty has changed, the prices will halt very soon and maybe rise a bit depending on how rare much rarer the drop has become. First off the GE was to drain of its current bulk of Dragon Metal Pieces (mine included ;) ) and then they will start to sell and stabilize. I knew this exact thing would happend the moment I saw the flood of drops people were getting in forums such as the "Rate This" board here on Tip.it.

Assuming I'm still 49 quests away from 270QP I've never been able to enjoy the marvelous drop rates at the Tormented Demon, so luckily I don't feel any direct effects from this update.

I expect this will make the prices of the platebody/claw related items either way go back up or at least stabilize, making it still worth killing when I complete the quest in about, 2 years? (a)

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

I just went in for my first solo trip today(and brought pony scrolls but forgot a pouch :wall: ), and they seemed ridiculously easy to kill considering that I had no experience whatsoever. I personally got 3 kills with an inventory of sharks and whacking the damn thing with darklight for about 5 minutes before I realized the noob was praying...

If they were easier to kill than they are now, then it is a very, very, good thing that they made a change.

Also, what's the point of not safespotting them while you're ranging? Just saves you from switching to melee pray as much...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Its a step in the right direction, but i also believe they should have made d claws morecommon aswell, and also made the demons a bit tougher defence wise.

+1

d claws more common=lower price =P~

That's what I don't want. #-o

who gives a [bleep] about what you want, dragon claws are WAY over priced

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The only reason dragon claws are so overpriced is because the demand is immense, and it is an amazing item.

The drop rate isn't that bad; I got one after a short while and I have heard of people getting multiple per day soloing them.

I wonder why the pieces were so popular glad to know it was a mistake. I'm glad they are harder to kill now which meens more team killing and that meens more claws in the GE from cs :D

Just went there, they are not harder to kill as before. At least not if you fight them face to face like I do. (I can still stay there for 2 hours with unicorn).

so again, in a big font:

They are right the same to kill as before, as long as you dont use safespot and prayer switch like you should! Drops are rarer now though.

I agree, i killed them face to face, so nothing has changed for me. They need beeing up def wise, damage wise and maybe make them switch attacks more often. Probably the only way to really make them tougher.

Mod Benny

Jagex Mod

04-Dec-2008 17:00:54

We have made a couple of changes to the behaviour and drop tables of the tormented demons. Due to the layout of the area they are in, they didn't behave the way we had planned, and a knock-on effect of this was that they became a lot easier to defeat. We also made an error when we calculated how many demons players would normally be able to kill over a certain period of time, which resulted in the dragon platebody parts being dropped at a more frequent rate than we had intended. To fix these problems, and to balance the demons to our initial design, the following changes have been made:

• [*:2i2nzgpt]The demons will behave more appropriately against Ranged and Magic attacks, and not try to use melee attacks if the opponent is attacking them from a distance.

[*:2i2nzgpt]The drop chances of the individual dragon platebody pieces have been reduced to give the drop rate we intended, considering the frequency at which they are killed.

Congratulations on telling us the obvious in huge font!

It says DROPS ARE RARER and they will attack you better in a safespot. I dont know what they were doing before, but I saw people using range and corner hopping. They are now harder in that aspect.

No where does it say their armor is beefed up or their attacks are stronger...

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Its a step in the right direction, but i also believe they should have made d claws morecommon aswell, and also made the demons a bit tougher defence wise.

+1

d claws more common=lower price =P~

That's what I don't want. #-o

who gives a [bleep] about what you want, dragon claws are WAY over priced

and who gives a [cabbage] about what YOU want? if people are willing to pay millions for a pair of d claws, then it's not overpriced. because people know the strength of the special and how much it's worth to them.

I wonder why the pieces were so popular glad to know it was a mistake. I'm glad they are harder to kill now which meens more team killing and that meens more claws in the GE from cs :D

Just went there, they are not harder to kill as before. At least not if you fight them face to face like I do. (I can still stay there for 2 hours with unicorn).

so again, in a big font:

They are right the same to kill as before, as long as you dont use safespot and prayer switch like you should! Drops are rarer now though.

I agree, i killed them face to face, so nothing has changed for me. They need beeing up def wise, damage wise and maybe make them switch attacks more often. Probably the only way to really make them tougher.

Mod Benny

Jagex Mod

04-Dec-2008 17:00:54

We have made a couple of changes to the behaviour and drop tables of the tormented demons. Due to the layout of the area they are in, they didn't behave the way we had planned, and a knock-on effect of this was that they became a lot easier to defeat. We also made an error when we calculated how many demons players would normally be able to kill over a certain period of time, which resulted in the dragon platebody parts being dropped at a more frequent rate than we had intended. To fix these problems, and to balance the demons to our initial design, the following changes have been made:

• [*:w5nr9tue]The demons will behave more appropriately against Ranged and Magic attacks, and not try to use melee attacks if the opponent is attacking them from a distance.

[*:w5nr9tue]The drop chances of the individual dragon platebody pieces have been reduced to give the drop rate we intended, considering the frequency at which they are killed.

Congratulations on telling us the obvious in huge font!

It says DROPS ARE RARER and they will attack you better in a safespot. I dont know what they were doing before, but I saw people using range and corner hopping. They are now harder in that aspect.

No where does it say their armor is beefed up or their attacks are stronger...

Erm, for some people, it didn't seem that obvious. There are SEVERAL people in this thread who said: Hmm, good that DRAGON CLAWS are harder to get now. Or "good, demons were way too easy to defeat" (they still are!).

In my estimation, the biggest reason the prices are dropping is because you get a FREE piece from the completion of the quest and not so much the drop rate. Surely, everyone had to know that the price would plummet given that everyone who does the quest automatically receives a piece whether or not they kill tormented demons or not?

If you want proof, just look at the price disparity between the d-pieces and dragon claws. Sure, you could say that the reason d-claws are going up while d-pieces down is that everyone wants a pair of dragon claws, but I don't think that's the full story. I mean, the price of a dragon chain stayed fairly high (About 30m'ish though, at the time, it was the best chest armor in the game) even though anyone could kill the KQ. The same with a DFH (An upwards of 40m'ish before the PVP world update), which wasn't the best helmet in the game at its time of release. The same thing *should* have happened here with d-pieces. That is, they're price should have stayed high because they're a novelty item, only it didn't due to what I perceive as a serious oversight on Jagex's-- That error being freely giving out d-pieces to players who complete the quest.

i'm from the people of "yay d claws are more common" :D

i'm slaying these demons solo, not much harder except i can't use my d hally now :| o well more p pots will be used...

anyway i've been slaying them for days without any drop that worth more than rune sword. how some people managed to get multipile pieces per day?!

i want these claws badly :x

want_a_box.png

i'm from the people of "yay d claws are more common" :D

i'm slaying these demons solo, not much harder except i can't use my d hally now :| o well more p pots will be used...

anyway i've been slaying them for days without any drop that worth more than rune sword. how some people managed to get multipile pieces per day?!

i want these claws badly :x

You miiiiiiiiight want to update your siggy...

D claws are more common? oh baby i'd better get over there...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!