The time has (almost) come!

Cheefoo

I think it's funny when someone bashes a skill that never even came out yet based on it's name (with the exception of something like Underwater Basket Weaving). All it takes is a little creativity to think of good ideas for a skill.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great that you don't want a new skill, or don't think one's coming out, but one is coming out rather soon. Construction and Hunter had barely any hints before they came out. After farming, skill came out usually within a year or so of eachother, so we should be expecting one soon.

Are you kidding? People were talking about construction waaaaay before it came out.

I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make... Jagex never really gave any hints just before the skill came out. It was a big surprise, it came out of nowhere, is what I mean. In the case of hunter, I never heard them say ANYTHING about it, and wasn't expecting it. So you never know when a new skill is going to come out.

After Summoning came out, they decided that instead of sneaking in new skills, they'd hype them a lot. In the Summoning DDs I think.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

While I hate to say it, sailing does seem like a possibility. You could fish off the side of your boat, trawl for treasure or go diving and make that Brine Sabre special useful (honestly, why does that weapon even exist?). It'd also be nice to keep the ocean's map blank, and have to chart it yourself. Create a little wanderlust, Jagex - people in the Middle Ages couldn't just pull out a complete map every time they heard of a new area of the Earth.

All this said, however, I really don't want to see it happen. I can think of nothing worse than having to sail around in a WindWaker-esque fashion, encountering random enemies and generic islands.

Or, instead of a skill, they'll open up the Eastern Lands! I can't wait to see that! However, there's nothing wrong with making a new skill, is there? What's the downside of a new skill, besides the chance of re-rolling, and hoping they made a better update instead?

I think they'll just release a whole lot of content in the "East" instead of a new skill. Or maybe they would have a new skill unlocked there! NINJA SKILL ZOMG?! I don't think so... But if they release the East, it would bring updates to tons of skills, new weapons, new clothes, new items, maybe even a new skill, who knows?

Why should Jagex bother working on a whole new area like the "East" when they can add more to the west. Over where the elves live. I think there is only like 1 city over there that players can access and pretty much the whole area is just woods.

March '04 - Runecrafting

Jan '05 - Slayer

July '05 - Farming

May '06 - Construction

Nov '06 - Hunter

Jan '08 - Summoning

So you can see there was only one stretch of greater than a year with no new skill released...a new skill is probably coming by March '09, perhaps sooner.

Personally I don't think sailing will be the next skill, it may be incorporated into the skill but not the skill itself. Archaeology? Maybe, but I don't really see that giving them many options to diversify the skill. Who knows, maybe they'll throw us a curveball and give the ever-anticipated Negotiating skill! ::'

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Or, instead of a skill, they'll open up the Eastern Lands! I can't wait to see that! However, there's nothing wrong with making a new skill, is there? What's the downside of a new skill, besides the chance of re-rolling, and hoping they made a better update instead?

I think they'll just release a whole lot of content in the "East" instead of a new skill. Or maybe they would have a new skill unlocked there! NINJA SKILL ZOMG?! I don't think so... But if they release the East, it would bring updates to tons of skills, new weapons, new clothes, new items, maybe even a new skill, who knows?

Why should Jagex bother working on a whole new area like the "East" when they can add more to the west. Over where the elves live. I think there is only like 1 city over there that players can access and pretty much the whole area is just woods.

Ninjas>Elves

It's common sense...

But if it was sailing (pirates) vs. the east (ninjas), which would be a better update? Is Jagex taking sides in this endless war?!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I would prefer to see the current skills expanded and further improved rather than an all new skill being released.

Agreed, I can't really think of any new skills that would be coming out and regardless the current skills need to be worked on first.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I would hate it. I think jagex needs to work on existing skills/minigames.

I agree, I would prefer an update to the current skills we have to make the less interesting ones actually interesting to do.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Anyway yeah i'd be down with sailing. I love new skills.

And of course, there ARE going to be new skills guys! duh...

And yeah who knows if it's sailing - if that guy said he saw a mod canoeing doesen't mean they'll release it for sure... once back in rsc I saw a mod with a law staff doing a light show for us noobs in lumbridge lol.

Where's my law staff!!!!

Maybe some sort of Eastern lands skill is coming out. They mentioned that we would see stuff from there next year.

December BTS[/url]":3gym88js]Since our graphical update earlier in the year, weve been playing around with a variety of new haircuts for the game. Weve now gathered around 20 new styles and will be releasing them during December to the free and members games. These new hairdos include some rather interesting styles inspired by AkHaranu, a visitor from the unexplored eastern realms. Perhaps next year will unearth more fashions from these interesting folk? Only time will tell...

Haricutting skill is comming!!1!!11!One!!11

Imagine the possibilitys! Enchanted moustaches, helicopter hair...

Haircutting thats a stupid idea now fashion/sailing is a good idea.

Step 1: Make fashion

Step 2: Sail

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

EDIT: I thought of some other things

1. Jagex might have run out of ideas, you never know.

2. The 150th quest might unlock a skill

How about unarmed combat?

Higher levels unlock more cool moves:

Level 1: Normal punch, kick

Level 20: Increased strength

Level 30: Double punch

Level 40: Increased strength

Level 50: Flying kick

Level 70: Triple punch

Level 80: Chance to stun when punching

etc.

Also, it ties in with the eastern lands.

Sailing would be a [cabbage] skill, OFFENCE. Anyone who would support the very IDEA of a sailing skill has less than half their brain partly intact.
Yeh, clearly the concept is much less usefull and sophisticated then say, firemaking or agility. I still havent heard a single reason why sailing = auto fail skill. The accessing of different new areas alone seems like a better concept then most of the slayer skill. Accessing different areas which can hold loads of different skill related things, new creatures and ways to make money > accessing a few creatures.

You DARE insult slayer?! :thumbdown: :shame: you better start running...

Unspam: I'd rather have a skill that works with the current game rather than forcing jagex to create new areas and that so it doesn't flop completely. Or a new mage book instead :twss:

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

It's great that you don't want a new skill, or don't think one's coming out, but one is coming out rather soon. Construction and Hunter had barely any hints before they came out. After farming, skill came out usually within a year or so of eachother, so we should be expecting one soon.

Well the only hint of construction was

...and even chairs you can sit down in!

That was in BTS the month it came out.

But JaGex said they like the players more hyped about it, like they were with summoning they dragged out those diaries for like 5 months. After that big thing I seriously doubt they would just realese another skill just like that. They would have hyped it more.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

jagex has said they are always working on a new skill; they havent said whether 1 or more skills would overlap or not but that could be true too.

so the question is not, are they working on a skill? it's what skill are they working on?

first of all, when slayer introduced there was no hint, no whispers, nothing. it just showed up on update day. if you were a developer wouldnt that be cool to work on something all that time and just blow people away when they see the new skill? jagex had to convince the developer of the summoning skill to allow build up. they may choose not to build up for the next skill. of course, jagex has said they talk to "some high lvl ppl" and let them know when an update is coming or due. i just think that's overplayed, i do think if jagex wants something to be a surprise; they can pull it off.

[hide=pking skill]this isnt the place to debate this btw. so if you want to offer constructive feedback on this idea, use hide tags.

i'd like to see some kind of skill that would turn the world of runescape upside down. completely change the game... what would this be? you've heard of the pk worlds. you may have visited them, but has that prepared you for the new pking skill? it would have some similarities to bounty hunter and slayer. at random times an arrow would appear over someone's head similar to a random event. with certain arrows more likely to appear when more than 10 are in a certain number of squares and other factors determining rareness of coloured arrow and location; you could only train this skill on pking worlds. you would lose your stuff as normal and gain drops as normal, but you would also get xp for completing a task. in fact, certain players have bonus arrows over their head which are rarer; different colours. (they wouldnt know it) all the way up to silver arrow.

as you gain levels in this new skill you are granted access to new types of food, ammunition, weapons, armour, and abilities and areas amongst other things that i havent thought of yet. you'd need skills to make the new equipment... such as crafting for new amulets, enhanced amulets etc. fletching levels, cooking levels, fishing levels, summoning levels, etc. one catch is all these new items are only available on pk worlds and only useable on pk worlds. :)

xp is accumulated by completing tasks; you would be given for example, 5 blue arrows, 1 red, 3 yellow, 2 orange, 1 cyan, and 1 green; of that task you could gain more arrows say 10 blue; if more, you would get bonus xp for completing more than required but only up to a certain point. then you'd have to complete your full task to gain any more xp. for completing each assignment a rating is given for each kill and that gives you a possible bonus xp reward; similar to how good drops are calculated; if your kill was exceptionally weak you would not get the bonus xp and your next targets would be more difficult ie people with good stuff on...which would mean you'd have to get some quality kills in before you could get back to gaining good experience and those arrows would be fewer and far between. the higher leveled you are with the pking skill the more likely you are to get the higher bonus arrows which mean more xp.[/hide]

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I hope they skip 2009 like they did with 2007, release a big skill like Summoning, but more polished from the beginning.

I also want the high detail skill menu to have the scroll bar removed, and slightly bigger. There's no reason those of us with computers newer than the commodore 64 should be held back by the skeletons still playing on low detail.

Seriously though: Jagex should skip 2009 skill release and focus on existing skills, getting current updates out without massive bugs and oversights (IE: Stealing Creation) and FINISHING SOME GOD DAMN QUEST STORYLINES.

Oh and I want to see randoms removed, and more distractions and diversions.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They release new skills regularly because every time they do, there is a surge of new member subscriptions. So yeah, new skill coming up in 2009 I woild say. I have no idea what it could be, though.

Of the skills we have, theiving needs an update. Not a minigame, a real update with more npcs that you can pickpocket for better rewards. Or something else to integrate it properly into RS. Pyramid Plunder is nice but that is one tiny place in the entire Runescape world.

It is likely a costly skill with pretty graphics and expensive items to show off. I personally think current skills and minigames should be where the efforts of Jagex lie.

The various fish you can capture stops at level 81.

The trees that you can fall is limited to level 82.

The seeds that you can plant for produce end at level 85.

New potions to mix are only learned up until level 85.

I am mainly concerned with these four skills (fishing, woodcutting, farming, herblore) because there are skills that other fillers could easily be created for. Everyone is aware of other types of fish, trees, seeds, and produce from those seeds. Other skills such as hunter and runecrafting also end at lower levels, but runecrafting itself is relatively slow going, and hunter is a new skill that would be slightly more difficult to add on to. Just my opinion. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

How about unarmed combat?

Higher levels unlock more cool moves:

Level 1: Normal punch, kick

Level 20: Increased strength

Level 30: Double punch

Level 40: Increased strength

Level 50: Flying kick

Level 70: Triple punch

Level 80: Chance to stun when punching

etc.

Also, it ties in with the eastern lands.

Well, if you don't have a weapon equipped you attack with arms/feet so that would sorta be odd, but there could be a martial arts skill.(ties in with eastern and yurpsie's post)

I don't got a clue to be honest. A lot of people says it will be sailing, but I haven't seen anything in the game that says so. But sure it would be cool to be able to travel over the seas in RS! I love the water and to fish IRL, so doing it in RS would certainly be fun aswell.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I don't got a clue to be honest. A lot of people says it will be sailing, but I haven't seen anything in the game that says so. But sure it would be cool to be able to travel over the seas in RS! I love the water and to fish IRL, so doing it in RS would certainly be fun aswell.

sailing was completely made up the next new skill is uncooking!

l00k t3h sp0lier

uncooking-1.jpg

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]