Which brand should i trust the most for a quality desktop

imbackstinkers

If you insist on buying a pre-built package computer, most of the well-known brands will be fine.

However, you'll get alot more for your money if you custom build one ::'

Well, if you want quality and reliabality(sp?), HP is the way to go. If you want the most bang for the buck, than Acer would be the choice, but the only problem is they are made with cheap parts and will tend to break more easily than other brands, and will most likely need to be changed in a year or so.

None. They all make overpriced [cabbage].

Maybe he doesn't know how to build a computer.

Personally I'd go with HP, very reliable.

HP just tried to hard to turn computers into eye candy, which is swell if you want something in say, your living room. But you could easily get the same specs from Dell much cheaper, without the glossy case. Acer has cheap computers, and a lowsy custom support, as well as using cheap parts. All in my experience at least. I'm still leaning towards Dell, since the government/U.S Military largely uses them, surely there's a reason behind that. Any of those brands are reliable though, it all comes down to preference and cost. If your looking for award winning customer support however, Apple is surely the winner.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

HP just tried to hard to turn computers into eye candy, which is swell if you want something in say, your living room. But you could easily get the same specs from Dell much cheaper, without the glossy case. Acer has cheap computers, and a lowsy custom support, as well as using cheap parts. All in my experience at least. I'm still leaning towards Dell, since the government/U.S Military largely uses them, surely there's a reason behind that. Any of those brands are reliable though, it all comes down to preference and cost. If your looking for award winning customer support however, Apple is surely the winner.

Most companies make different quality of computers. For example, Dell and compact at least. Government gets good computers, they sell computers of lesser quality to people.

We've seen that in A+.

Also, as sloter, I hate dells, I see them break often too.

If there are any computer stores nearby (not wallmart/circuit city/best buy w/e that sell HPs, Dells) or online, see what prebuilts they have in stock. They are put together for you (or you pick they parts and they assemble for a small fee) and are usually much more cheaper than HPs, Dells.

eggzs.png

I would go for a Toshiba, we have supplied hundreds and they are the brand we see less of from a fault perspective. Also, when they do go wrong, parts are generally cheaper.
Agreed. I know someone with a Toshiba who has no problems with it. They also seem very sturdy.

See if there's a company near you that will allow you to select the components and put them together for you. You should be able to save money that way, and it won't come with all the unnecessary startup software that major companies like Dell or HP put on their machines.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't have a problem with Dell. Especially during back to school months they can get some great deals. My roomate has a gaming machine by them (fairly overpriced compared to what you could build, but not that badly) and it doesn't seem to have any problems.

Just avoid Packard Bell and Compaq!

Had a PB computer from 98, which worked great (until the screen literally burned up in 2005).

Their support don't have a clue what you're talking about if you are getting a bit technical about things, and on the one we got atm i've had to disable alot of features (which freed-up about 100mb ram).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Had a PB computer from 98, which worked great (until the screen literally burned up in 2005).

Their support don't have a clue what you're talking about if you are getting a bit technical about things, and on the one we got atm i've had to disable alot of features (which freed-up about 100mb ram).

So the computer died after 7 years of use? That's common with any brand of computer. (I don't care about peoples stories saying not true I've had the same HP for 10 years ect.)

I hate when people make these threads because it's all opinion and stories of a computer breaking from one person. You have no idea if the problem was a manufacturing defect or the person was an idiot. My cousin says HP computers suck because he dropped one down the stairs and it wouldn't work right after that. My school just replaced all the computers with HPs and we have had less helpdesk tickets than before. Both are true stories, but you see what I mean? I could cherry pick stories to make any brand look good or bad.

Just get the fastest computer you can get from any brand for your money.

goldenblade995.png

if you live in Aus then buy the latest PCUser mag, they have the Perfect PC software, which I used for the custom computer I will get once I have the money (plus your local computer shop will have it built with the OS installe quickly and cheaply, the nearest one to me will even let you work a bit with the building process, which I will look forward to seeing as I will be working with comps for the rest of my life :thumbup: )

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

So the computer died after 7 years of use? That's common with any brand of computer. (I don't care about peoples stories saying not true I've had the same HP for 10 years ect.)

I hate when people make these threads because it's all opinion and stories of a computer breaking from one person. You have no idea if the problem was a manufacturing defect or the person was an idiot. My cousin says HP computers suck because he dropped one down the stairs and it wouldn't work right after that. My school just replaced all the computers with HPs and we have had less helpdesk tickets than before. Both are true stories, but you see what I mean? I could cherry pick stories to make any brand look good or bad.

Just get the fastest computer you can get from any brand for your money.

I never said the one from 98 was bad.

I included the thing with the screen just because it's a sorta "funny" thing that it actually went up in smoke.

The guy asked for an opinion, i gave my opinion. Am i then not gonna give my opinion because i might tick someone off? No. I'll say what i've experienced, and then if someone choses to not care about it or not, it's up to them.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

From personal experience, I would stay away from Acer. Their tech support is close to non existent and the restore cd's that came with the computer were missing a critical file straight out of the box.

The brands I have had luck with were HP and Dell. We maintain ~200 HP's at school and generally the only problem is user error.

I hate the shiny/glossy mini HP computers with a passion.

Meh, go with a Toshiba, i still have my dad's first Toshiba laptop (came with Win 95) but it's under Kubuntu now.

But if it's possible see if you can find someone to build it for you. It's just cheaper :)

I hate the shiny/glossy mini HP computers with a passion.

Meh, go with a Toshiba, i still have my dad's first Toshiba laptop (came with Win 95) but it's under Kubuntu now.

But if it's possible see if you can find someone to build it for you. It's just cheaper :)

Toshiba's are shiny?