How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

And what's wrong with that? If your wasting time at mcdonalds when you could just as easily be doing the same thing for 40$, your wasting the difference of your wages.

Could be doing something =/= actually doing it. You're playing a video game, not writing code or handling a server for a million dollar company. There is no comparison.

Look, I don't do million dollar companys, and 'clicking around on the computer' is clicking around on the computer to me, regardless of if I'm photoshopping a logo or leveling up attack; it's fairly easy and relaxing, I just happen to enjoy games some of the time.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Well... concidering i have every holliday itum from yoyo and up, i have 2 santas and a total of probably 50m in my bank, and I have 99 magic, 109 combat, 1789 total level. I've been playing for more than 4 and a half years, so:

4.5 x 365 = 1642.5 days. Thats probably pretty close to 3 thousand hours for me.

3000 x 2 bucks an hour = $6,000 :)

I'd probably go for just $3,000. Too bad I can't though, with the rule and all :roll:

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

Are you people serious? If it weren't against the rules to sell/buy accounts, and someone offered you even $500 - you could probably turn around and buy a better account from someone else for $400...at this point the only difference is the name of the account. Is your RuneScape characters *name* really worth that much to you guys? 5 grand, 1 million dollars, a house/car/etc...like, honestly?

Honestly, I'd sell my main for anything over $200, $100 if I was gonna quit in the near future.

$200 or $100 is like 1 hour of work for some people. Wouldn't dream of selling for less than 6 months salary if it was allowed :P

My account is certainly worth more to me than it is worth to anyone else. I'm sure no one would put up what I would want in return, because I value the fun much more than the replacement value.

I 100% agree. I have put so much time and effort into my account, and I am still definitely enjoying the game. I would only let it go if it was an absolute must, and for a very large sum, but its against the rules anyways so not that it matters much.. :roll:

I would say, about $300, considering the hours and effort I took to get my account to its current state. That is, if I sell it at all. :| ::' ::' ::' ::' ::' ::'

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

My account is level 121 (52 summoning) and I would never sell it, because I worked very hard on it. Alot of my skills are over 80, I have 99 woodcutting and strength, and the oldest holiday items in such as the Scythe, Bunny years and Yo-Yo.

I have had such good times with my account :). I will probably give it to my kids/grand kids if they play (not yet lol im 15).

i'd sell it if someone could give me back the 8 years i used playing on it ^^

if i sold it now i would be a loser when thinking of all the time i used on it <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Ive been playing Runescape since the summer of 2001. To me this account is mroe than just an account on a online game. It's an acheivement, and it's something I've grown up with. I couldnt dream of selling it.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

No matter how you'd try to quantify my time and effort into this account, you just can't pay me enough.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I couldn't sell my account for any sum of money (unless I was being offered something ridiculous like a billion dollars ::' ). Like some of the other people above me have posted, the time, effort and good times I've spent on my account is something that I hold close to me and something that I value a great deal. Having to part with it just gets more difficult the longer I have it <3: .

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

I'd never sell it. except maybe for the same account with "Jon" as it's name :P

but ive grown to like ranger8114, theyre not just ANY old numbers either!!

oh no, theyre MY old numbers :)

They are the key to your bank account? :lol:

hehe, I wish. I cant remember the pin to my bank half the time. lol.

i'd sell it if someone could give me back the 8 years i used playing on it ^^

if i sold it now i would be a loser when thinking of all the time i used on it <3:

do you think your a loser now? even when you haven't sold it?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

I'd never sell it. except maybe for the same account with "Jon" as it's name :P

but ive grown to like ranger8114, theyre not just ANY old numbers either!!

oh no, theyre MY old numbers :)

They are the key to your bank account? :lol:

LMAO! :lol:

bannerzi.gif

Yeah I'd only sell my account for about $5,000 or more, I've put about 5 years into it. However, $5,000 only goes so far in real life...It can barely buy a vehicle. I have no plans on selling my account though, ever. :)

To you people who think we are exaggerating and that we actually would sell it for $400 or whatever, you are so wrong. That isn't a lot of money at all, you can make that much money in like a week. :roll: I have $1,100 in my bank and it's been in there for almost a year and I slowly gain money by lending it to people and charging interest lol. That's barely any money which is why I save it...

You guys take people for granted. Runescape is like the biggest game out there and people will offer ridiculous prices. Other games which only have a few hundred people playing them have people spending hundreds and thousands of dollars buying accounts and having people train for them.

$1,000,000 USD. :ugeek:

Unless the ch|x0r was major-league HOTT. :pray: \:D/

Wait a minute, my wife would kill me for that. :wall:

So, not for sale at any price! :mrgreen:

Besides, it's a Jagex no-no. :shame: Good thing we're on tip.it.

Retired Player Moderator - Light Arcana General

Egbert_O_Foo.png