How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

Well, I can make well over 40$ an hour in RL with computer work, so we'll go off of that:

Assuming roughly 30k average XP\hour (I waste a lot of time), at 136m XP = 4533 hours of skilling. Bank is another 500 hours of work. I've spent at least 800 hours at Clan Wars and Fight Pits making myself respected and feared and gaining many friends. Assume another 1,000 hours of simply standing around\chatting with friends\questing\looking stuff up. Total: 6,833 (holy bleep) hours, or 273,320$ in lost RL time. I don't think I want to continue this, let's just say my account is worth plenty...

Wut lol?

Thats how much time youve wasted playing this game how does that make your account more valuable to someone else?

Time is money. If that's how long it took to train there, that's how much it's worth.

No. You have to deduct the value of the entertainment you got from RS, and no, it's not 5$ a month.

It's not work, it's a game...

I would be redoing my account for the exact same thing. My time is money, even if it is something I enjoy. I'm all about mathematical calculations.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I would most likely just give mine away.

Sure, I really love my character. Serpent_Eye was the first character I ever made when I first started playing the game, and has always been my main through the years.

But... if I was willingly quitting the game... I wouldn't really see a point in profiting from it, even if it was allowed. That's like throwing something into your garbage bin, and then making the person who drives the garbage truck pay for it.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Enough to fill the gap that Rs takes times that by 100 so I suppose an xbox 360 elite is £210x 100 is £21,000 actually now I come to think about enough to set up my first 10 years of working like so a house costs £160,000 a car is £30,000 insurance for 10 years is like £7,500. Going to want to eat and buy nice things £75,000 would like to save for future £100,000 so I think that works out at £372,500 then I wouldn't care about Rs and could concentrate on School work and stuff because I'd basically be set for life although wont by loaded will be on pretty nice life.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

my account worth billion to me ... because i work hard to get those lvl and it takes skill and time to do that unless u can pay me back the time i spend playing rs ... u ain't getting MY account !! :shame:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I don't think that anyone would buy my account from me. However, there is a bond between me and my character that formed over the years of playing that would never let me separate from it. If I would quit Runescape, I'd just let it stay there rather than let someone else ruin it.

The bond is special, it is worth more than money.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I doubt I'd ever sell my account, Its not like someone is gonna offer me a decent price for it.

I guess if I was really bored with game something over £70 might get my attention, enough though that is a ridiculous price which I wouldn't consider paying.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

The question is "How much is your account worth to you?" not "How much could I get someone to pay for my account?" Therefore people's calculations like compfreak's are accurate to them. That doesn't mean that anyone would give you that much though.

Not directed at compfreak, just used him as an example.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

[hide=n64jive quote]

Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I just finished my third semester of college, and I realized that there was a lot of better things I could have been doing, instead of wasting my time on a video game. Hell, even macroing would have been more beneficial as at least I would have gained some beginner programming experience and maybe had learned some other skills along the way.

Don't get me wrong, There was something about runescape that made aimless clicking seem enjoyable. Goals you set seem to give motivation for playing the game, even when you can admit that your bored. Something I found out that proved to be interesting is that most people who play enjoy setting these goals(85 mining, slayer, 91 runecraft, maxed combat), but once they reach that level, they soon find that sitting in a room fighting abyssal demons all day, or hopping server clicking on a bright blue rock is almost as boring as getting to that skill in the first place.

Some day, possibly in the near future, many of you will move on to bigger and better things. You most likely won't regret playing the game, as I don't completely. One of my biggest regrets is allowing this game to take up so much of my personal time. Although I was pretty good about still allowing time for other things I loved, I feel that if I would have put half as much time as I spent playing runescape into other things that interested me, such as computers in general, work, preparing myself for college, spending more time with my family...etc.

It is my honest opinion that MMORPG's like runescape and world of warcraft are ruining the youth of today, especially college students. Kids are skipping classes, not studying for tests, not completing schoolwork just to complete repetitive tasks on a video game that ultimately will only have negative consequences on their life in the long run.

It's sad to see smart kids throw away their futures over something so minuscule, so insignificant. I urge all of you to rethink where you want to be in a the next 5 years. How successful you want to be, how much money you want to earn, what type of job you want to have, do you want to have a family, and many other important decisions. Now ask yourself this: Is Runescape going to help you get there?

Many people say they would never sell their account. Not for anything. It's very sad that some people's most prized possessions are something that they don't even actually own. Most people will become slightly hostile after reading this, saying things like "People have control over their actions, if runescape was really a problem, they would be able to commit to their lives"...but that argument is undermined by all the post saying that people have devoted too many hours to this character to let it go.

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.

[/hide]

I'm responding to both of your posts even tho I didn't quote the first...but while you bring up many very good points, you don't seem to realize that the same could be said for anything in life that's not a necessity. Time spent on Rs is no different than time spent at the movies with friends or sitting down playing cards.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Wow! this has just become a hot topic overnight! Not surprising though, i think this is really an interesting topic that i've thought a lot about. people really do love their runescape accounts. next time someone asks you in a mocking way "Do you play runescape?" answer yes. you have no need to feel ashamed if ever you have over that question.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Well, how much is an account with about 60mil worth of stuff and my stats worth lol?

But I don't think I'd sell it, even if I quit. That's like going to a friend's funeral and saying "he was a good man" before proceeding to harvest his organs for the black market.

Nice analogy!

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Well, how much is an account with about 60mil worth of stuff and my stats worth lol?

But I don't think I'd sell it, even if I quit. That's like going to a friend's funeral and saying "he was a good man" before proceeding to harvest his organs for the black market.

Wait, your comparing a character that consist of a few 1s and 0s in a virtual world on some server in England to the respect that should be given for a living, breathing human? That's like saying 'I'm not going to sell my house, even though I'm moving, I'll just leave it deserted until it eventually deteriorates'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks