How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

sold my lvl 126 w/ like 4 bil gp worth for $10,000'ish a bit over a year ago. Most of that was the worth of gp. my current account is lvl 133, not quite as rich but i'd say $1000 give or take a few

wow! $10000 is a lot of money and 4 billion gp is to! How did you ever make so much?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Lol at people saying their account is worth 100000 for them, or they wouldn't sell it at all, that's pure bs. I'd say stuff it, i'd sell my acount with the bank and everything for 400-500.

finally a person who shares my dislike of exaggeration.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Lol at people saying their account is worth 100000 for them, or they wouldn't sell it at all, that's pure bs. I'd say stuff it, i'd sell my acount with the bank and everything for 400-500.

It'd have to be a massive sum to get me to sell my account. Over 300 dollars worth of membership fees invested in it, not withstanding.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It'd have to be a massive sum to get me to sell my account. Over 300 dollars worth of membership fees invested in it, not withstanding.

Same here. ~650 USD for my account? No thanks, I don't have a pressing need for money, and selling something I enjoy and have spent a large amount of time on for a pittance isn't my plan.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I really feel a bond between my account. He's me, but in another dimension, unknowningly being controlled by a nerd. In RS, we've been through some tough times, like when we didn't know the difference between Falador and Varrock! We've scaled mountains and died along side each ohter! We've skilled and skilled and set new goals and records! We've pwned a chicken as our mightiest monster! We've explored and uncovered the mysteries of RuneScape! For that, I would only sell him under certain conditions. If the government was on my back for taxes, then my buddy and I would seperate. For my buddy, I would only sell him for $5M, and give him a good owner. I would miss my little buddy and do whatever in my power to get him back. Through mud and fog, I would set out on an epic adventure, only to get him back in my hands <3:

Monkey+Monkeyguy139=Friends Forver ::'

Most people would sell their account for WAY more than what someone would buy it..

I think my account is worth around $100, but realistically, someone would only buy it for around $40.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

My account isn't that great. I quit playing rs indefinitely, so it's worthless to me. At the same time, though, it's priceless. I put so much into it. RuneScape was my LIFE for a few years. I'm glad to have given it up, but I still wouldn't trade my account for anything less than eight thousand USD. Yeah, I know that's extremely unreasonable. You get what you pay for I guess. Half of my childhood for $8000. And because my price would be so high, no one would ever buy it, thus making it practically priceless.

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

Well, I can make well over 40$ an hour in RL with computer work, so we'll go off of that:

Assuming roughly 30k average XP\hour (I waste a lot of time), at 136m XP = 4533 hours of skilling. Bank is another 500 hours of work. I've spent at least 800 hours at Clan Wars and Fight Pits making myself respected and feared and gaining many friends. Assume another 1,000 hours of simply standing around\chatting with friends\questing\looking stuff up. Total: 6,833 (holy bleep) hours, or 273,320$ in lost RL time. I don't think I want to continue this, let's just say my account is worth plenty...

The fact that you priced your time at 40$/hour because you can make that at a computer job is ridiculous. Its like saying you worked at Mcdonalds, but because you could make 40$/hour at another job, you think your time at a crappy job is equivalently important. Dumb.

Back on topic, as crazy as it sounds, I would have a hard time dropping this account for anything less than 2500$ (hypothetically of course, no one would pay that). Even then, I *think* I would still regret letting it go. It may just be a stupid game, but it's given me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

Torlen.png

Well, I can make well over 40$ an hour in RL with computer work, so we'll go off of that:

Assuming roughly 30k average XP\hour (I waste a lot of time), at 136m XP = 4533 hours of skilling. Bank is another 500 hours of work. I've spent at least 800 hours at Clan Wars and Fight Pits making myself respected and feared and gaining many friends. Assume another 1,000 hours of simply standing around\chatting with friends\questing\looking stuff up. Total: 6,833 (holy bleep) hours, or 273,320$ in lost RL time. I don't think I want to continue this, let's just say my account is worth plenty...

The fact that you priced your time at 40$/hour because you can make that at a computer job is ridiculous. Its like saying you worked at Mcdonalds, but because you could make 40$/hour at another job, you think your time at a crappy job is equivalently important. Dumb.

Back on topic, as crazy as it sounds, I would have a hard time dropping this account for anything less than 2500$ (hypothetically of course, no one would pay that). Even then, I *think* I would still regret letting it go. It may just be a stupid game, but it's given me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

i agree. runescape is a game meant for entertainment. no one is going to pay you $40 an hour to play runescape. not even in your dreams.

As this will never be allowed, I never was thinking about it.

Let's count the total membership payed for this account, that's about 15 months total (My 1st membeship was 2 years ago, but I wasn't a member all the time).

So 1 months membership costs me about 5. So 15 times 5 is 75.

Well, I have about 10M worth of stuff and money (yeah, I am poor) and my cbt level is 110.

I saw sites that sell lvl 110 accounts (I would never buy or sell accounts, nor for RL-money nor for RS-gold) for about 110 (but these had no other skills, only cbt).

So I would say, about 200, just for the levels, then add about 50 for the money+stuff on it. Finally add 50 for all the quest on it (184 qp). So thats 300. And because I like my account, and I have it for about 2 and 3/4 years now, I would say, add 100.

So 400 + the 75 membership payed is 475. Round it up to 500.

So, my account is about 500 worth to me.

Seems to be a lot, just for some numbers and letters saved at Jagex, but I spent a lot of time to change these number and letter (yeah, insane :o ).

bannerzi.gif

I wouldn't ever let my account go, unless my cats were being held at gunpoint (yes i'm a crazy cat lady) and even then not for less than $2 million.

I'm back on the forums! Older, wiser, and...

...still a noob...

And what's wrong with that? If your wasting time at mcdonalds when you could just as easily be doing the same thing for 40$, your wasting the difference of your wages.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'd never sell it. except maybe for the same account with "Jon" as it's name :P

but ive grown to like ranger8114, theyre not just ANY old numbers either!!

oh no, theyre MY old numbers :)

Assuming I had 99 Cooking by then I wouldn't take a penny less than 600$ for it. 40M in cash and items, 2 99's and 102 combat seem worth that to me going off what I've seen some other accounts offered for. Don't get me wrong I don't hunt for good deals on Runescape accounts but I do come across the occasional article on Craig's List. I see a lot of WoW accounts there too...

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

And what's wrong with that? If your wasting time at mcdonalds when you could just as easily be doing the same thing for 40$, your wasting the difference of your wages.

Could be doing something =/= actually doing it. You're playing a video game, not writing code or handling a server for a million dollar company. There is no comparison.

Torlen.png