How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

Lets work this out....I will say that 1 hours work is about 5 pound, which is just below the minimum wage in the UK.

So...i have 18.25m total experience at this time, and on average I've probably gained 40k xp per hour. Thats 456.25 hours of work (18,250,000 / 40,000). So, £5 * 456.25 = £2281.25. Just for my stats.

Now, for my money. Last i checked, my best of bank was worth 20m gp. On average I probably make 250k gp an hour. That amounts to 80 hours of work (20,000,000 / 250,000). So, £5 * 80 = £400.

Therefore, for my total experience and my bank, my account would be worth £2281.25 + £400 = £2681.25.

Now my account is pretty low leveled and doesn't have much experience, but lets say you had a maxed out account. Your total experience would be around 350m, with 40k xp/hour you would have spent 8,750 hours just working on your stats ( :shock: ). Now, 8750 * £5 = £43,750

A maxed out account should be worth around £43,750 , just looking at the stats. Also, those top players have all probably spent about 10,000+ hours on this game. :shock: There's 8,760 hours in a year. :shock: And think of the time everyone spends doing quests/playing minigames and just hanging out with friends.

This argument is comparable to playing sports unprofessionally. I played football in highschool all four years. Our team made playoffs every year, and the seasons was probably around 12 weeks including two-a-days.

During the season we practiced 2 hours a day after school, excluding friday, where we instead had a game.. So thats 11 weeks of 4 days a week. 44 days, 88 hours of practice during the regular and post season. also, we have 11 games, that required at least 6 hours of our time. 66 hours of game play. We had 1 week where we practiced 5 hours a day, 5 days. Thats 25 hours.

88+66+25=179 hours a year. 4 years is 636 hours spent on football alone(I also wrestled and pole vaulted)....So at your calculations, for playing football in highschool, something I enjoyed, I should receive £3,180...And that doesn't even include weightlifting all year as part of the program.

So with your logic, a higschool football player should recieve £3,180 a year.

Too bad that robots can do the same work that everyone else does to get their account to this (insane) value...and not to mention gold farmers in china would be willing to do it for mere pennies.

A high school player can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. A Chinese gold farmer can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. Neither of them have those jobs available. I do. I can line up more work then I could ever do for 30-40$+ an hour as an independent computer consultant. My time is worth much more to me then a high school athlete's or a Chinese gold farmer.

You are some what arrogant. Who the hell mentioned your earnings. He refered to a college footballer. Seriously, we do not care how much you earn. Might seem i am picking on you, but why are you worth more than a chinese gold farmer, or a college footballer? You are the definition of a joke.

First off, 5 pounds is about 7.35 an hour. Most high school kids can make that easily at a job. Also you can quit talking about your wage. You're whole argument does nothing but support my argument. You can make $30-40 an hour with your work(which I doubt as all you are is a computer consultant, which requires no degree and most high school kids CAN do)....but we're not here to discuss your bs. Anyway, if you can make $30-40 an hour, then why don't you do something productive with your time and work 8 hours a day instead of playing runescape(not saying you don't)...My post wasn't talking about people who do make good use of your time. My post was talking about the people who spend all day playing MMORPG...

w4M8t.png

Lets work this out....I will say that 1 hours work is about 5 pound, which is just below the minimum wage in the UK.

So...i have 18.25m total experience at this time, and on average I've probably gained 40k xp per hour. Thats 456.25 hours of work (18,250,000 / 40,000). So, £5 * 456.25 = £2281.25. Just for my stats.

Now, for my money. Last i checked, my best of bank was worth 20m gp. On average I probably make 250k gp an hour. That amounts to 80 hours of work (20,000,000 / 250,000). So, £5 * 80 = £400.

Therefore, for my total experience and my bank, my account would be worth £2281.25 + £400 = £2681.25.

Now my account is pretty low leveled and doesn't have much experience, but lets say you had a maxed out account. Your total experience would be around 350m, with 40k xp/hour you would have spent 8,750 hours just working on your stats ( :shock: ). Now, 8750 * £5 = £43,750

A maxed out account should be worth around £43,750 , just looking at the stats. Also, those top players have all probably spent about 10,000+ hours on this game. :shock: There's 8,760 hours in a year. :shock: And think of the time everyone spends doing quests/playing minigames and just hanging out with friends.

This argument is comparable to playing sports unprofessionally. I played football in highschool all four years. Our team made playoffs every year, and the seasons was probably around 12 weeks including two-a-days.

During the season we practiced 2 hours a day after school, excluding friday, where we instead had a game.. So thats 11 weeks of 4 days a week. 44 days, 88 hours of practice during the regular and post season. also, we have 11 games, that required at least 6 hours of our time. 66 hours of game play. We had 1 week where we practiced 5 hours a day, 5 days. Thats 25 hours.

88+66+25=179 hours a year. 4 years is 636 hours spent on football alone(I also wrestled and pole vaulted)....So at your calculations, for playing football in highschool, something I enjoyed, I should receive £3,180...And that doesn't even include weightlifting all year as part of the program.

Too bad that robots can do the same work that everyone else does to get their account to this (insane) value...and not to mention gold farmers in china would be willing to do it for mere pennies.

A high school player can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. A Chinese gold farmer can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. Neither of them have those jobs available. I do. I can line up more work then I could ever do for 30-40$+ an hour as an independent computer consultant. My time is worth much more to me then a high school athlete's or a Chinese gold farmer.

You are some what arrogant. Who the hell mentioned your earnings. He refered to a college footballer. Seriously, we do not care how much you earn. Might seem i am picking on you, but why are you worth more than a chinese gold farmer, or a college footballer? You are the definition of a joke.

First off, 5 pounds is about 7.35 an hour. Most high school kids can make that easily at a job. Also you can quit talking about your wage. You're whole argument does nothing but support my argument. You can make $30-40 an hour with your work(which I doubt as all you are is a computer consultant, which requires no degree and most high school kids CAN do)....but we're not here to discuss your bs. Anyway, if you can make $30-40 an hour, then why don't you do something productive with your time and work 8 hours a day instead of playing runescape(not saying you don't)...My post wasn't talking about people who do make good use of your time. My post was talking about the people who spend all day going to college.

Really where I live 7.35 is below minimum wage!

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

First off, 5 pounds is about 7.35 an hour. Most high school kids can make that easily at a job. Also you can quit talking about your wage. You're whole argument does nothing but support my argument. You can make $30-40 an hour with your work(which I doubt as all you are is a computer consultant, which requires no degree and most high school kids CAN do)....but we're not here to discuss your bs. Anyway, if you can make $30-40 an hour, then why don't you do something productive with your time and work 8 hours a day instead of playing runescape(not saying you don't)...My post wasn't talking about people who do make good use of your time. My post was talking about the people who spend all day going to college.

I don't know any high school kids that work 8 hour shifts. Not that I know many of them, but you get the point. I do work an 8 hour day job, although my hours vary thanks to my business, giving me plenty of free time to unwind and relax. I COULD be working during those times, but I chose not to. My time, however, is STILL worth that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

$350-$500.

I've been offered $400 from some nooby kids at my local library. :roll:

And you refrained from taking the deal because account trading is not allowed right?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

$350-$500.

And you refrained from taking the deal because account trading is not allowed right?

:roll:

lol just wondering... Seems the only logical reason that I can think of anyway.

$350-$500.

i might of considered the deal

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

$350-$500.

i might of considered the deal

If you get 400 for that, then I should be able to get around 1000....

2j3qh46.jpg

Any1 do the OVER 9000! joke yet? (cause i don't read 9 pages)

I guess I'd sell my account for like 50 bucks. Its not really impressive and even if it was I don't really care. I'm not particularly attached to it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Any1 do the OVER 9000! joke yet? (cause i don't read 9 pages)

I guess I'd sell my account for like 50 bucks. Its not really impressive and even if it was I don't really care. I'm not particularly attached to it.

yes they have lol

I'd sell it for a buck or two.

Not really.

But a person offered me $265 for it. And I was only level 19 at the time.

If account trading were allowed you so should have taken the deal.

I turned down $300 once, because I still played and wanted countless hours during highschool to be worth more than that to me, but since I haven't played runescape in over a year i'd totally take $300. PM Me if interested :thumbsup:

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

I turned down $300 once, because I still played and wanted countless hours during highschool to be worth more than that to me, but since I haven't played runescape in over a year i'd totally take $300. PM Me if interested :thumbsup:

just because this topic refers to this topic does not make account trading legal.

just because this topic refers to this topic does not make account trading legal.

shh! :-#

what is that supposed to mean?