How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

50-100$, to pay for my membership costs + some extra profit.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I wouldn't ever sell my account. But if it could be sold... I wouldn't sell for less than a few hundred dollars, as I've spent the time to get every untradeable holiday item except the zombie head, scythe, and bunny ears. I've got not-so-great skills but they're okay... And a rune h4 shield... I'm f2p. 8-)

Well, I can make well over 40$ an hour in RL with computer work, so we'll go off of that:

Assuming roughly 30k average XP\hour (I waste a lot of time), at 136m XP = 4533 hours of skilling. Bank is another 500 hours of work. I've spent at least 800 hours at Clan Wars and Fight Pits making myself respected and feared and gaining many friends. Assume another 1,000 hours of simply standing around\chatting with friends\questing\looking stuff up. Total: 6,833 (holy bleep) hours, or 273,320$ in lost RL time. I don't think I want to continue this, let's just say my account is worth plenty...

Wut lol?

Thats how much time youve wasted playing this game how does that make your account more valuable to someone else?

Time is money. If that's how long it took to train there, that's how much it's worth.

No. You have to deduct the value of the entertainment you got from RS, and no, it's not 5$ a month.

It's not work, it's a game...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

$200 or so. Stats in sig, about 25m bank value. Rl money>Rs. 8-)

There isn't much keeping you here is there...

IRL money is so easy to make, 200 bucks really is nothing, RS takes up so much time though. Assuming one plays 5 hours a day (far under what committed players play) you could make 50 bucks a day on minimum wage in that same time. And how many days have most people put in? I dare say they'd rather not know...

TIME > ALL

I wouldn't take less than 10 grand irl, but as no one would EVER pay that much for my account (let alone any account) I consider my account for the sake of argument as "priceless" (to me :lol: )

How Priceless is Priceless? How much money would I have to offer you in order for you to sell me your account?

Name Your Price!

By priceless I mean that I would deny any realistic amount of money that you would offer for my account. An unrealistic amount imo is like $1000+(for an account in a game? yeah right lol).

Edit: Actually make that around $500+.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

If account trading were allowed, the fastest levelers and money makers would run the market, and they'd be lucky to get $300 bucks for a maxed account... so I wouldn't sell it :roll: ;)

maxed pures goes for around 600 bucks. so your calculations are way off.

i would NEVER sell mine. it's going to be either banned or abandoned.

$200 or so. Stats in sig, about 25m bank value. Rl money>Rs. 8-)

There isn't much keeping you here is there...

Ha, it's fun but that's why I wouldn't sell it for much. I mean, it'd be like paying me to have fun. :thumbsup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

50-100$, to pay for my membership costs + some extra profit.

Heh you got a point there too, I didnt consider the membership costs.. 5 grand + 5 years or so of actual spent membership costs pl0z lol...

Although the membership is quite low so it doesnt add up to much tbh. Thats how good value it is..

I wouldn't sell my RS account ever, or my WoW account for that matter. Both have had tons and tons of hours devoted to the game. Time I can't get back. It has no price. Just to put it into perspective, I've been offered $2500 USD for my WoW account, and said no. Things like this just have no monetary value to me.

Foooman.png

You have those stats and have a good WoW account? WoW, that's impressive.

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

I would say priceless because it's alot of fun and why would I give that up? So ya I'd never sell it.

I'm not even going to price my account because I would charge $12-14 /hr because of potential wages. But I don't know how many hours I have played so I realy can't put a $ figure on it. Not to mention my bank which idk how much it is but it's a decent amount. It'd be an insane amount.

But if you offered a million dollar I thin I would consider it since that would he house, cars, and college and stuff just for playing Runescape and having loads of fun.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

all untradeable holiday items, alot of work and good friends i skill with, so never sell it ever, i think people do get attached to their accounts as the person on the screen is the ingame potrayal of you, because you say I got 99 X, not my character got 99 X.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I just finished my third semester of college, and I realized that there was a lot of better things I could have been doing, instead of wasting my time on a video game. Hell, even macroing would have been more beneficial as at least I would have gained some beginner programming experience and maybe had learned some other skills along the way.

Don't get me wrong, There was something about runescape that made aimless clicking seem enjoyable. Goals you set seem to give motivation for playing the game, even when you can admit that your bored. Something I found out that proved to be interesting is that most people who play enjoy setting these goals(85 mining, slayer, 91 runecraft, maxed combat), but once they reach that level, they soon find that sitting in a room fighting abyssal demons all day, or hopping server clicking on a bright blue rock is almost as boring as getting to that skill in the first place.

Some day, possibly in the near future, many of you will move on to bigger and better things. You most likely won't regret playing the game, as I don't completely. One of my biggest regrets is allowing this game to take up so much of my personal time. Although I was pretty good about still allowing time for other things I loved, I feel that if I would have put half as much time as I spent playing runescape into other things that interested me, such as computers in general, work, preparing myself for college, spending more time with my family...etc.

It is my honest opinion that MMORPG's like runescape and world of warcraft are ruining the youth of today, especially college students. Kids are skipping classes, not studying for tests, not completing schoolwork just to complete repetitive tasks on a video game that ultimately will only have negative consequences on their life in the long run.

It's sad to see smart kids throw away their futures over something so minuscule, so insignificant. I urge all of you to rethink where you want to be in a the next 5 years. How successful you want to be, how much money you want to earn, what type of job you want to have, do you want to have a family, and many other important decisions. Now ask yourself this: Is Runescape going to help you get there?

Many people say they would never sell their account. Not for anything. It's very sad that some people's most prized possessions are something that they don't even actually own. Most people will become slightly hostile after reading this, saying things like "People have control over their actions, if runescape was really a problem, they would be able to commit to their lives"...but that argument is undermined by all the post saying that people have devoted too many hours to this character to let it go.

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.

w4M8t.png

well i would say anything over 1 grand, anything else just wouldnt be worth it in my eyes, and it is only 1g becuase i need to save for a car.

but i i do it mathematicly

1807 total X .50=~900

30m gp X 5(the average rate of sale...damn you draynor and zybez adds!)=150

18 months of members X 7(what i pay...)=126

total=$1176

but .50 per level is really cheap meaning the levels i have...

Y_Z.png

Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I just finished my third semester of college, and I realized that there was a lot of better things I could have been doing, instead of wasting my time on a video game. Hell, even macroing would have been more beneficial as at least I would have gained some beginner programming experience and maybe had learned some other skills along the way.

Don't get me wrong, There was something about runescape that made aimless clicking seem enjoyable. Goals you set seem to give motivation for playing the game, even when you can admit that your bored. Something I found out that proved to be interesting is that most people who play enjoy setting these goals(85 mining, slayer, 91 runecraft, maxed combat), but once they reach that level, they soon find that sitting in a room fighting abyssal demons all day, or hopping server clicking on a bright blue rock is almost as boring as getting to that skill in the first place.

Some day, possibly in the near future, many of you will move on to bigger and better things. You most likely won't regret playing the game, as I don't completely. One of my biggest regrets is allowing this game to take up so much of my personal time. Although I was pretty good about still allowing time for other things I loved, I feel that if I would have put half as much time as I spent playing runescape into other things that interested me, such as computers in general, work, preparing myself for college, spending more time with my family...etc.

It is my honest opinion that MMORPG's like runescape and world of warcraft are ruining the youth of today, especially college students. Kids are skipping classes, not studying for tests, not completing schoolwork just to complete repetitive tasks on a video game that ultimately will only have negative consequences on their life in the long run.

It's sad to see smart kids throw away their futures over something so minuscule, so insignificant. I urge all of you to rethink where you want to be in a the next 5 years. How successful you want to be, how much money you want to earn, what type of job you want to have, do you want to have a family, and many other important decisions. Now ask yourself this: Is Runescape going to help you get there?

Many people say they would never sell their account. Not for anything. It's very sad that some people's most prized possessions are something that they don't even actually own. Most people will become slightly hostile after reading this, saying things like "People have control over their actions, if runescape was really a problem, they would be able to commit to their lives"...but that argument is undermined by all the post saying that people have devoted too many hours to this character to let it go.

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.

A lot more people go through this exact same thing than you can probably imagine...

The end result is dependent on your own self control with the situation...

This is kinda off topic tho.

OT// I think its reasonable to assume most people would give away their account for upwards of 5 grand unless they're incredibly loaded already...

I'd be happy with $30. I don't really care about my character very much... But then again, I only play when I'm injured, or incredibly bored and have nothing productive to do... which happens more than I'd like to admit. But I only just started playing again this month after about a 4 month leave because school has been winding down for the semester and my crappy Achilles tendon has freaking tendonitis so I can't run as much.

Something else that I've found interesting is many of the posters on this thread seem to think that for playing runescape they should receive a typical hourly wage(some with prospects of $40 an hour, which is just ridiculous), plus be paid reparation for membership fee's that they have paid to "there" account. I have many things I could say here.

First, you don't own the account. You bounded yourself into agreement with Jagex that they will allow you to use their services, however you will acknowledge(and you've all heard this) that every aspect of the game is property of Jagex. No one reads the terms of service or the privacy policy, and I haven't read it either, but I'm sure many of you would view your account differently if you actually knew what Jagex could do with your account with no reason.

Second, you can't expect to get paid an hourly wage comparable to an actual job for playing runescape. One poster mentioned a log of his hours and different things he feels should be taken into consideration for what he could considered "logged work hours"...I can't help but laugh at. "...plus countless hours sitting around and chatting with friends"... With that logic I should be being payed right now for typing on this forum, or sitting on my couch for that matter.

Third, even if legally you did stake claim to the ability to sell your runescape account, there is this thing call depreciation, which is the only business term I could think of to even come close to describing this phenomena even tho it is completely inaccurate. When you pay $5 a month for runescape, or whatever it is now, you're not paying for nothing. You receive something in return. Therefore, the amount you pay for membership fee's becomes depreciated down to nothing. (Most federal courts acknowledge previous membership fee's as an insignificant amount of money after subtracting what they feel you earned for that membership) Here some information that some of you may know about, but many people either don't understand it, or just don't feel that it works that way.

Let's say your living with a roommate and he has some friends over. Things get out of control, and your computer that you spend $1200 dollars on 3 years ago gets ruined. You confront the person and tell them they will buy you a new computer. They refuse and you decide to take them to court over the matter. Legal action should get things rolling and it will lead to you getting the new computer that you deserve, right? Wrong...What is going to end up happening is the judge is going to make a fool out of yourself. Besides many of the other legal arguments that will most likely be made, one thing they will touch base is the cost of the reparation. Your computer worked just as good as a new computer, in fact possibly better than some new computers. The only thing that you feel is just is that you receive the amount of what you have a lost. The judge agree's and tells you this: "Even though you claim the computer worked extremely well, better than that of a new computer, you bought this computer three years ago. You got use out of the computer for 3 years, and you can only stake claim to the depreciated amount of the computer. What the judge would most likely say is that in todays age, a computer isn't usually owned for more than 4 to 5 years...They might give you 5 for benefit of the doubt. There are many different methods of depreciation, but what the judge would most likely use is just lineal. So 1200 years, 5 years...thats around 240 a year for use of that object. Meaning that the person would only be required, by law, to pay you less than $500 for that computer. Subtract the cost of court.

So I ended up getting way off the subject there, and if you're thinking everything you're reading sounds like bull, then thats fine, but I want to leave you with this thought.

A poster on this thread said he has been offered around 2500 for his "WoW" account. He was then praised for the fact that his runescape stats were "impressive" especially for having a good WoW account as well. I'm not impressed, but instead I see it as pretty sad. The poster then proceeded to say that his time was worth more than any monetary value that could be offered for "his" account(which I stated earlier, he actually has no legal ownership of". So let me ask you this: If you consider your time so valuable, why do you waste it playing MMORPG's all day and instead do something that is productive or worthwhile?

w4M8t.png

It's priceless. There's a lot of work and memories with it, and I wouldn't want to sell that if it was allowed. And this is only stating on a hypothetical sense.

After I transferred into a four-year unversity, I pretty much decreased my playing time dramatically until after I was done with my coursework in March 2008 (I didn't leave the university until June however due to work responsibilities). I'm actually playing more now than I did while I was in college, even though I work almost full time now. :P Mind you, I still do not have members as I'm using the money I earn for work for more pressing needs, i.e. higher education loans. :wall: Gotta love paying principal + 6.8% interest. :wall:

[hide=]Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.[/hide]

after reading all that, i kind of agree with you. but it's not you to think that peoples futures could be ruined by playing this game. players spend their time on this game because it has a flow of relaxation and competition at the same time. if you finished that hard work of getting 20 99s, think how many people will look up to you. now is that going to be easy in real life?

MMORPGs has it's own benefits. the ups is the goals and challenges you can do in your own room. the downs is that you probably waste a lot of your lifetime by doing so. whats so nice about goals in runescape is that you only need patience and dedication into completing it and people will still congratulate you.