How Much is Your Account Worth to You?

HugeBrain

I think we have to put this into reality.

If it were perfectly legal then i would quite happily sell my account for £200

Yes, i've put hard work into it, and yes i enjoy playing it but for £200 i could have so much more fun than playing a silly game

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Lets work this out....I will say that 1 hours work is about 5 pound, which is just below the minimum wage in the UK.

So...i have 18.25m total experience at this time, and on average I've probably gained 40k xp per hour. Thats 456.25 hours of work (18,250,000 / 40,000). So, £5 * 456.25 = £2281.25. Just for my stats.

Now, for my money. Last i checked, my best of bank was worth 20m gp. On average I probably make 250k gp an hour. That amounts to 80 hours of work (20,000,000 / 250,000). So, £5 * 80 = £400.

Therefore, for my total experience and my bank, my account would be worth £2281.25 + £400 = £2681.25.

Now my account is pretty low leveled and doesn't have much experience, but lets say you had a maxed out account. Your total experience would be around 350m, with 40k xp/hour you would have spent 8,750 hours just working on your stats ( :shock: ). Now, 8750 * £5 = £43,750

A maxed out account should be worth around £43,750 , just looking at the stats. Also, those top players have all probably spent about 10,000+ hours on this game. :shock: There's 8,760 hours in a year. :shock: And think of the time everyone spends doing quests/playing minigames and just hanging out with friends.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I'm amazed at some of these responses. Some of you are stinking by your accounts wholeheartedly, while others are completely opposite. One group of you has a better understanding of the world than the other. But both mindsets are completely reasonable, neither being the better.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Lets work this out....I will say that 1 hours work is about 5 pound, which is just below the minimum wage in the UK.

So...i have 18.25m total experience at this time, and on average I've probably gained 40k xp per hour. Thats 456.25 hours of work (18,250,000 / 40,000). So, £5 * 456.25 = £2281.25. Just for my stats.

Now, for my money. Last i checked, my best of bank was worth 20m gp. On average I probably make 250k gp an hour. That amounts to 80 hours of work (20,000,000 / 250,000). So, £5 * 80 = £400.

Therefore, for my total experience and my bank, my account would be worth £2281.25 + £400 = £2681.25.

Now my account is pretty low leveled and doesn't have much experience, but lets say you had a maxed out account. Your total experience would be around 350m, with 40k xp/hour you would have spent 8,750 hours just working on your stats ( :shock: ). Now, 8750 * £5 = £43,750

A maxed out account should be worth around £43,750 , just looking at the stats. Also, those top players have all probably spent about 10,000+ hours on this game. :shock: There's 8,760 hours in a year. :shock: And think of the time everyone spends doing quests/playing minigames and just hanging out with friends.

This argument is comparable to playing sports unprofessionally. I played football in highschool all four years. Our team made playoffs every year, and the seasons was probably around 12 weeks including two-a-days.

During the season we practiced 2 hours a day after school, excluding friday, where we instead had a game.. So thats 11 weeks of 4 days a week. 44 days, 88 hours of practice during the regular and post season. also, we have 11 games, that required at least 6 hours of our time. 66 hours of game play. We had 1 week where we practiced 5 hours a day, 5 days. Thats 25 hours.

88+66+25=179 hours a year. 4 years is 636 hours spent on football alone(I also wrestled and pole vaulted)....So at your calculations, for playing football in highschool, something I enjoyed, I should receive £3,180...And that doesn't even include weightlifting all year as part of the program.

So with your logic, a higschool football player should recieve £3,180 a year.

Too bad that robots can do the same work that everyone else does to get their account to this (insane) value...and not to mention gold farmers in china would be willing to do it for mere pennies.

w4M8t.png

This argument is comparable to playing sports unprofessionally. I played football in highschool all four years. Our team made playoffs every year, and the seasons was probably around 12 weeks including two-a-days.

During the season we practiced 2 hours a day after school, excluding friday, where we instead had a game.. So thats 11 weeks of 4 days a week. 44 days, 88 hours of practice during the regular and post season. also, we have 11 games, that required at least 6 hours of our time. 66 hours of game play. We had 1 week where we practiced 5 hours a day, 5 days. Thats 25 hours.

88+66+25=179 hours a year. 4 years is 636 hours spent on football alone(I also wrestled and pole vaulted)....So at your calculations, for playing football in highschool, something I enjoyed, I should receive £3,180...And that doesn't even include weightlifting all year as part of the program.

Too bad that robots can do the same work that everyone else does to get their account to this (insane) value...and not to mention gold farmers in china would be willing to do it for mere pennies.

A high school player can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. A Chinese gold farmer can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. Neither of them have those jobs available. I do. I can line up more work then I could ever do for 30-40$+ an hour as an independent computer consultant. My time is worth much more to me then a high school athlete's or a Chinese gold farmer.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Even though my skills are bad (89 mining, 85 fletch and 70 attack) Im hopelessly poor (2mill max if sold all items)

i love my acc \'

Does that mean that your not willing to sell it?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Priceless, without a doubt!

A few years back I was offered approx 1K USD for it. The deal was tempting, but I didn't want my only account I ever seriously played on fall into someone else's hands. I knew the guy irl too, so it wasn't difficult to say no, and he had no hard feelings anyways. ::'

dontfearthereaper2.png

Priceless, without a doubt!

A few years back I was offered approx 1K USD for it. The deal was tempting, but I didn't want my only account I ever seriously played on fall into someone else's hands. I knew the guy irl too, so it wasn't difficult to say no, and he had no hard feelings anyways. ::'

Wow! most of the other posts have been speculation but this really happened to you! I hope you feel like you made the right decision.

My account is priceless for me.

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

Do you ever wonder what type of person you would be if you didn't spend as much time on runescape. Not saying you in particular play a lot, but to the general runescape audience, what do you think?

I just finished my third semester of college, and I realized that there was a lot of better things I could have been doing, instead of wasting my time on a video game. Hell, even macroing would have been more beneficial as at least I would have gained some beginner programming experience and maybe had learned some other skills along the way.

Don't get me wrong, There was something about runescape that made aimless clicking seem enjoyable. Goals you set seem to give motivation for playing the game, even when you can admit that your bored. Something I found out that proved to be interesting is that most people who play enjoy setting these goals(85 mining, slayer, 91 runecraft, maxed combat), but once they reach that level, they soon find that sitting in a room fighting abyssal demons all day, or hopping server clicking on a bright blue rock is almost as boring as getting to that skill in the first place.

Some day, possibly in the near future, many of you will move on to bigger and better things. You most likely won't regret playing the game, as I don't completely. One of my biggest regrets is allowing this game to take up so much of my personal time. Although I was pretty good about still allowing time for other things I loved, I feel that if I would have put half as much time as I spent playing runescape into other things that interested me, such as computers in general, work, preparing myself for college, spending more time with my family...etc.

It is my honest opinion that MMORPG's like runescape and world of warcraft are ruining the youth of today, especially college students. Kids are skipping classes, not studying for tests, not completing schoolwork just to complete repetitive tasks on a video game that ultimately will only have negative consequences on their life in the long run.

It's sad to see smart kids throw away their futures over something so minuscule, so insignificant. I urge all of you to rethink where you want to be in a the next 5 years. How successful you want to be, how much money you want to earn, what type of job you want to have, do you want to have a family, and many other important decisions. Now ask yourself this: Is Runescape going to help you get there?

Many people say they would never sell their account. Not for anything. It's very sad that some people's most prized possessions are something that they don't even actually own. Most people will become slightly hostile after reading this, saying things like "People have control over their actions, if runescape was really a problem, they would be able to commit to their lives"...but that argument is undermined by all the post saying that people have devoted too many hours to this character to let it go.

I will say I am guilty of the same thing. I spent many hours getting my character to where it is now. And I met many interesting people who's company I've enjoyed greatly. But once you finally do realize that nothing good will ever come out of spending so many hours on this game, and you will understand that you could be a different, better person had you spent that time doing more productive.

If you feel that, go and do something more productive yourself! You are slating the community of RS, and generalising. Not only do you have no right to do that, but are you not being a hipocrit?

Not everyone on here has spent every waking hour on RS. People in general play the game in their free time. Well, you know what? I have had my account for 6 years now, and I have achieved everything I intended to (referring to the what do you want to achieve in the next 5 years comment). I went to university for 2 years, (did not play once), I am now in a full time job in the construction industry where I wanted to be, before returning to university for my last year next year. Just because you play RS, it does not mean that nothing else matters.

Although it is debatable, there are probably more young people playing this game than older. Let them be kids ffs! They should not have a care in the world to be honest. Let them make there own decisions. To be honest, it sounds like you regret playing RS. Never regret what you do! You did it for a reason. It has probably made you somewhat into who you are today.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

Well, how much is an account with about 60mil worth of stuff and my stats worth lol?

But I don't think I'd sell it, even if I quit. That's like going to a friend's funeral and saying "he was a good man" before proceeding to harvest his organs for the black market.

Wait, your comparing a character that consist of a few 1s and 0s in a virtual world on some server in England to the respect that should be given for a living, breathing human? That's like saying 'I'm not going to sell my house, even though I'm moving, I'll just leave it deserted until it eventually deteriorates'.

Its a similie not a metaphor. It was hilarious! =D> micro =D>

And about the comparing your RS time to wages, it is utterly pathetic. Do you get paid to watch TV? Its a hobbie not a job!

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

A high school player can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. A Chinese gold farmer can't make 5 pounds an hour easily. Neither of them have those jobs available. I do. I can line up more work then I could ever do for 30-40$+ an hour as an independent computer consultant. My time is worth much more to me then a high school athlete's or a Chinese gold farmer.

You are some what arrogant. Who the hell mentioned your earnings. He refered to a college footballer. Seriously, we do not care how much you earn. Might seem i am picking on you, but why are you worth more than a chinese gold farmer, or a college footballer? You are the definition of a joke.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

I think if someone came up to me and offered to py 1 million for my rs account I'd say yes.

Maybe I'd try to convince the buyer to pay even more :lol: (ya i'm greedy...so what?)

I think I've put a lot of effert into it. Even though I haven't played for long (maybe a year or so..)

I've completed over half of the quests. Lumbridge achievements, Falador easy and medium achievements and also varrock easy medium ones.

I've got 2 barrows sets in bank, 8mil, dragon axe also added all the money I've payed myself

for P2P (which is not much tbh).

And I'm sure I could think much more things to add into the price of my account...But i definitely would just give it away for free.

Nogoingbacknow.png

Lol at people saying their account is worth 100000 for them, or they wouldn't sell it at all, that's pure bs. I'd say stuff it, i'd sell my acount with the bank and everything for 400-500.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.