No! My Runescape Site is better!

Zapados153

I personally cannot stand the RuneHQ site, it murders my eyes and takes a century to load. I became a member of Zybez around the time I became a member here, but soon became tiresome of the snobbishness that takes place there, and users only driven to post for a '+1' etc. I'm currently still a part of Draynor, but mainly due to a lot of my friends being there and knowing the owner.

I prefer the tip.it community though since it's enjoyable, the site always had the information I required, and was easily found. Plus, Pryomancer is here. ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spose I'm just repeating what's been said but:

Zybez ~ Gold Selling and Cheat Ads

RuneHQ ~ Takes too long to load and my pass doesn't work anymore

RuneWiki ~ not bad for market price advice

Tip.it ~ FTW! :thumbsup:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Well I just think Tip.It is best.

- nice community (yes I like everyone here on tif :D )

- The website looks nice

- It's easy to type in the adress bar

- The guides are just awesome

- the bestiary and items database are just :thumbsup: =D> :shock: :D

But I do have to admit... At the very beginning I used Sal's because it has some really nice quest guides. :oops:

But when I found Tip.It, I used it for about a year before subscribing to the forums. :?

I now ALWAYS use Tip.it \:D/

So yeah

Tip.It ftw ::'

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

I find communities that only obsess about one thing quite boring. That's why most have an Off-Topic section.

Tip.It's OT board is miles ahead of any other site's, easily. Some genuinely thought provoking threads and lots of great personalities.

Well, Tip.It is the first runescape fan site I ever visited, I liked all about it, the interface, the guides, I've even helped with some quest guides in the site and was a member of the Item Database Team (Retired myself from there since my first F2P period).

The forums have no dummies like RSOF, I love these forums everyone's friendly, except some times in Rate This (Or Flame This?).

I even own a blog in here <3

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Its full of developmentally delayed cabbages and sigs that make me slap my head <3:

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

When I was looking for guides to quests. I stumbled upon Tipit, and then on TIF and eventually TET. I started attending some events, and now I always use tipit first when I need help on a skill or quest.

Xezalb.png

It's good to be back.

My friend showed me this site when I was I first started out playing, we would come here for the quest guides so we could do them together. At that time the only other website I went to for RS help was RuneHQ for their item database, eventually though RuneHQ became too laggy for my computer, and so I just stuck to tip.it. Now I haven't even stepped foot on another runescape site in 2 years o.O

Tip.it has the most mature users out of runescape players, and also the freindliest users, I didn't start looking at the forums till about 6 months ago, and I didn't even have an account on the forums till like 3 months ago, and I haven't even really used it till now lol. But its quite obvious just by posting here a couple of times that tip.it is THE best fan site on the web. \'

leviathansig1nn7.gif

Darkphenom99.png

Darkphenom99.png

Darkphenom99.png

archsupportei2.png

Slayer Drops: Black Mask (1)

Dragon Drops: None

Barrows Loot: Verac's Brassard (1), Veracs helm (1), Guthans Spear (3), Torags helm (1)

My Website

I use a combo of Sals & Tip.it. I Don't use Sal's Forum because I don't like the colour scheme & layout. (Yeah I'm picky. Suck it.)

RuneScape Wiki is awesome too. :thumbup:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I use sals forum more. I use tip.it as well though for higher advice, But I use sals as I know more people there.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Zybez/rsc just feels dirty, idk why. Runehq i used to use for guides but not the forums, but i stopped using the guides because they became fairly outdated and didn't help much.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Don't you think the posts would be a bit biased by posting here? :-#

I like the TIF community the best, and the whole site is the "simple but effective" theme. Nothing is overdone, but everything is enough.

Yeah I'm sure if you go to any other RuneScape site and ask the same question, they'd all have the same answers we do but with their site name in place of "Tip.it" :lol: And then Tip.it would be one of the icky/dirty/not good enough sites :lol:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah I'm sure if you go to any other RuneScape site and ask the same question, they'd all have the same answers we do but with their site name in place of "Tip.it" :lol: And then Tip.it would be one of the icky/dirty/not good enough sites :lol:

Time to go ask this question on Sals. (which, imo, is the second best RS fanforums)

I'm still mainly a user of RHQ, but I joined TIF a bit ago. I haven't been active much on TIF, and I have to agree with most of what's been said here. Not all of it, there is obviously gonna be bias, but most of what's been said about other sites, and HQ in particular (and only because I'm active there), holds some truth. Personally, I almost never use guides or anything, but when I do, I use HQ's for quests (although some of the older ones are a bit outdated) because it's got more pics in the guides (Tip's are just too wordy IMO, but that's just me.... I think) but I did use Tip's T trail guide, for the longest time it was indisputably the best on any helpsite. (Since I memorized all the lvl 3's and/or stopped doing T trails, I haven't used anyone's, so I don't know if that's changed). Also, to remove any doubt from anyone's mind, you don't have to pay to use HQ. There is an option for donating to the site and getting access to one or two more forums, but it's not required.

tullysiggy.png

I make mah own sigs.....

Tullyswmr529 | 99/99 range | 99/99 Range | 93/99 defense | 118 cb | 1800+ total

Whoa. I went on my Google web history thing for the first time today and apparently I went on Zybez's a couple of times when I first googled up Runescape help but I honestly can't remember it O_o Then I just sort of moved to Tip.It and stayed.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

This site has the best community, at least out of RSC and Rune HQ. Not sure about Rune Village and the smaller ones. The majority of the people here are a million times smarter than those mentioned sites as well. Even our clan forums are better, and that's usually the worst part of a community. Take RSC for example, in my opinion it has the worst community of all of the Runescape sites.

Plus way back like 8 years ago or something, someone who used to be my friend in elementary school told me to look at Tip.it for hints and stuff. Now he has turned into a muscle bound fighting guy who only hangs around with masses of girls, sort of like Vin Diesel on his movies. :P

Plus after looking at the above posts, look how beautiful that is. Everyone using correct grammar and punctuation. No other Runescape site does that, including some of the mods.

Well I personally like Tip.it because it's simplicity.

runehq for example really looks "invading/intimidating" for me with all those pictures and heavy contrast (who ever though of using blue text on a black background must've been crazy)...

Zybez I often visit too: especially for their databases/easy access. The data there is much better sorted and linked. The problem only is the forums setup (rsc it's called I believe) is totally unappealing: the first thing I always look for is an help and advice forum... And it's really bad there!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The big 3:

Zybez: Most potential site (I dislike their forum due to the way their forums are ran, the forum is their only downfall) the quest guides are very well written, the layout is fine, everything looks professional, although I don't use it for anything.

RuneHQ: The worst of the 3, firstly their website is tacky, unprofessional and ugly. Their forum, adverts, and everything about it really is rubbish, although their quest guides are simple and easy to follow, I use their website for quest guides, I wouldn't even think about joining their Forum.

Tip.It: Acceptable, the website is tacky, unprofessional and too squashed, less is more for christ sake! (same can be said for HQ). Their forum is acceptable although I would prefer something like IPB or vBulletin, the community is the first and the best (still), although, it sadly isn't what it used to be back in the ScapeBoard days :( I don't use their website for anything as all other sites have everything and their sites look better and feel better.