Valkyrie

RussianFed55

Or perhaps more appropriately, Walküre, is an excellent film, and highly recommend you go and see it!! This film deviates from blockbuster action-flicks, and takes you though General Stauffenberg's every thought, with an excellently well-done plot. The imagery is superb, and apart from a few artistic liberties, the picture is authentic. But this isn't the Germany you learned about in school, this is the Germany from within the Nazi walls. The story is accurately portrayed, including a very authentic ending (no spoiler). And like him or not, you're going to be cheering for Cruise and his crew and the July 20 Coup all the way to that last order.

I have a problem with seeing historic films when they aren't portrayed in the original language.

It just seems weird with that Cruise guy to portray a nazi.

It's probably quite a good movie, I've only seen a teaser.

I recommend you to see "Der Untergang (in german)" and "Hitler - The Rise of Evil (in english)".

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It's got Carice van Houten in it, right?

carice.jpg

isn't she sweet? If you want to see her in full glory, check out Zwartboek (Blackbook is the English title). She bleached her pubic hair for that movie. :thumbup:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

This movie was amazing! Even though I knew my history (and knew how the movie would end), I was sitting on the edge of my chair and my heart was pounding!

It was a really emotional ending.

HAIL SACRED GERMANY!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I thought it was a great movie. It wasn't the most thrilling thriller I've even seen because I knew how it would end but it was still good. I liked it because they kept true to all of the facts that the Nazis practiced. [hide=Spoiler Examples]Like how executed the people by shooting line ups Also how they went to Eagles Nest. I thought that was really cool because I've been there before.[/hide] I also liked how they mentioned Mousalinni (sp?), the Gestapo and the SS. The guy who played Hitler did good also.

prospektssigza4.jpg

A Scientologist posing as a Nazi with an American accent? Seems like a disaster movie. I'll go see it though. Maybe tomorrow....

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

A Scientologist posing as a Nazi with an American accent? Seems like a disaster movie. I'll go see it though. Maybe tomorrow....

I found that the accents didn't really negetively affect the enjoyment of the film. I got so engrossed in the action and plot, that it didn't really cross my mind that 90% of the cast are Americans.

The first spoken lines of the film are of Tom Cruise speaking in German, with English subtitles. As he continues, a track of him speaking English is overlayed with him speaking German; eventually, the German fades out completely, and from then on out, you just accept that they're all speaking in German, and that you can understand them.

I get so sick of movies, working at a movie theater, that I hardly ever buy them when they come out on DVD - but this is one I simply have to buy when it's released! It's amazing. Even if you know anything about the true story it's based on, it still keeps you thrilled.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

It's got Carice van Houten in it, right?

carice.jpg

isn't she sweet? If you want to see her in full glory, check out Zwartboek (Blackbook is the English title). She bleached her pubic hair for that movie. :thumbup:

Hmm, I think I might go see it now :lol:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The first spoken lines of the film are of Tom Cruise speaking in German, with English subtitles. As he continues, a track of him speaking English is overlayed with him speaking German; eventually, the German fades out completely, and from then on out, you just accept that they're all speaking in German, and that you can understand them.

^^ I liked this part of the film.

One of the few movies Hollywood produces. At least they made a good one.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it over the holidays and it was genuinely good. The same people that rave about how The Dark Knight was an epic movie are pissed because it's not in German or that Tom Cruise is in it, yet it's a historically accurate movie and not one about a damn super-hero. I absolutely hate Tom Cruise and he did a good job in this movie. There are enough no-name actors that make this movie spectacular. Get over yourself for once.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Went to see it today as a school field trip, was pretty good. I did fall asleep in some parts (Mostly the long parts of dialogue), but it got better after the assassination attempt. I would have preferred the movie to be in German, with English subtitles just for accuracy, but it wasn't a big deal for me.

The movie tanked with critics because it had no sex, nudity, major violence, and only a single profanity. That being said it was an amazing movie. Perfect accuracy, to the last detail. I was amazed.

Also, Tom Cruise was chosen because the he looks uncannily like the real Stauffenburg.

Also, How2PK:

1) Eww

2) She's in like 8 minutes of the movie

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Yea, she hasn't got much time in it. I've heard that. But "eew" you don't think she's attractive?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I have a problem with seeing historic films when they aren't portrayed in the original language.

It just seems weird with that Cruise guy to portray a nazi.

It's probably quite a good movie, I've only seen a teaser.

I recommend you to see "Der Untergang (in german)" and "Hitler - The Rise of Evil (in english)".

There's an '04 version in german if you can dig it up. was on SBS here a couple of days ago, I missed it tho so :(

Carice van houten is actually nude in Blackbook...

Btw this story actually happened

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

The theather is letting me watch it again with my friends for free since some guy thought it would be nice to beat up the guy who saluted Hitler.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

The theather is letting me watch it again with my friends for free since some guy thought it would be nice to beat up the guy who saluted Hitler.

We had some deranged neo-Nazi come watch it opening weekend at the theater I work at.

He was standing up in the middle of the movie, raving about being the "new Hitler."

We called the cops on him, and had him removed. :twss: Arrested him in the middle of the movie, in front of everyone else. The audience clapped.

It was quite fun to see him slamming his head repeatedly into the window of the cop car, complaining about his cuffs being too tight.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

We had some deranged neo-Nazi come watch it opening weekend at the theater I work at.

He was standing up in the middle of the movie, raving about being the "new Hitler."

We called the cops on him, and had him removed. :twss: Arrested him in the middle of the movie, in front of everyone else. The audience clapped.

It was quite fun to see him slamming his head repeatedly into the window of the cop car, complaining about his cuffs being too tight.

Surely he didn't get arrested simply for being a neo-Nazi, or standing up in a theater. If he did, that's a bit unjust.

Cool.

Surely he didn't get arrested simply for being a neo-Nazi, or standing up in a theater. If he did, that's a bit unjust.

No... he got arrested because he was standing up in the middle of the auditorium, while the film was playing, shouting out curse words at my customers who paid money to enjoy their film. He took his jacket off and had a huge swastika drawn onto his t-shirt, and was protesting in the middle of the film.

It doesn't really bother me if someone is a neo-Nazi or not. It bothers me when they disturb my customers and cause a scene in my theater.

At any rate, before the police even saw him, they knew who we were talking about... apparently he has quite the rap sheet.

For all I care, half of the people who come into my theater could be neo-Nazis, and I wouldn't have a problem with it. But when you disturb my guests, you go.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png