Runescape tv commercial *dun dun duun*

folmer_veeman

I watched tv earlier today (live in holland), there was really nothing on so I decided to just randomly pick channel. Then something catches my attention, it was a commercial about Runescape, and like I said, in Holland :ohnoes: . They seem to recognize us as a big part of the runescape now. (not that this isn't true..)

discuss :-#

(couldn't find a clip of it on youtube but if I do i'll post it)

Headshotcatcher.png

i knew they had german, but not netherlands... and you saw this on tv and not the internet? this might not be old news o.o

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Runescape looks nothing like that commercial. >_>

Smart though. :thumbup:

They will always make it look better, then they are surprised why 90% of the players doesn't get past tutorial island. It's not what they thought it'd be and they give up faster. Every commercial will represent things better than they actually are, you don't even have to be smart for that.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Well this is news for me. Didn't know they had a runescape.nl site. Also, didn't know anything about a Dutch commercial. @topicstarter: what channel and at what time was the commercial shown?

They will always make it look better, then they are surprised why 90% of the players doesn't get past tutorial island. It's not what they thought it'd be and they give up faster. Every commercial will represent things better than they actually are, you don't even have to be smart for that.

Yeah I know, just thought I'd bring the point to the board. :P

I wonder if the UK/US will ever see an RS Commercial.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

It looks like they're only using commercials in big countrys, with a lot of gamers, almost everywhere you go, there will always be a dutch person there. They're not making a commercial in Belgium, why? Well Belgium has less inhabitants than New York, why would they waste so much money on such a small country. I think the UK will get commercials too.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Old ;) *lock*

Then point me the topic where it's not about england/america?

http://www.rsnl.eu/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a (7-12-08 that's about 2,5 weeks ago).

Btw http://www.runescape.nl , they just sold it to Jagex ;).

Ow and look at the 2nd page of reactions of the vid (on youtube), there you can see my reaction on it (from about 2,5 weeks ago).

Why do they make a commercial without even showing in-game pics or clips? If they would have shown for instance a whole team fighting the Kalphite Queen or Corporal Beast and a character doing a GS special attack, I think it would be much more attractive to visit the website if you had never heard of it.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Why do they make a commercial without even showing in-game pics or clips? If they would have shown for instance a whole team fighting the Kalphite Queen or Corporal Beast and a character doing a GS special attack, I think it would be much more attractive to visit the website if you had never heard of it.

I seriously doubt that. The commercial looks way more flashy without ingame content. I think the game looks quite dull and boring if you just see a few flashes of ingame content. Runescape is quite static and "slow" by todays gaming standards.

I just thought it was funny that half of it is in dutch or w.e language that is (excuse me) and then they just say "Player vs Player". I laughed.

Really though, this is good. If RS wants to keep growing it is going to have to expand its advertising to more than free online game websites.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Old ;) *lock*

Then point me the topic where it's not about england/america?

http://www.rsnl.eu/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a (7-12-08 that's about 2,5 weeks ago).

Btw http://www.runescape.nl , they just sold it to Jagex ;).

Ow and look at the 2nd page of reactions of the vid (on youtube), there you can see my reaction on it (from about 2,5 weeks ago).

I meant on TIF #-o

what channel and at what time was the commercial shown?

Pfft, on jetix ( :wall: ) at like 1 pm..

Headshotcatcher.png

It looks like they're only using commercials in big countrys, with a lot of gamers, almost everywhere you go, there will always be a dutch person there. They're not making a commercial in Belgium, why? Well Belgium has less inhabitants than New York, why would they waste so much money on such a small country. I think the UK will get commercials too.

One word: WHAT? That makes no sense.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.