Shockingly awful grammar

Poopingman

We all know the common offenders: Bored=Board They're=Their

Sure, it gets us angry from time to time, but I just witnessed something that had me crying laughing. How can samoen (I mean someone) be so entirely ignorant. Observe:

I Salying Nat Runez 5k, Samoen!

Aney Whon? Samoen I Saly Nat Runez 5k

Aney Whon? Samoen? These have to be new discoveries to add to the dictionary of stupid crap people say in games. Amazing.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But itz teh internets!

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It could be one of three things.

1) They're not a native speaker of the language.

2) They're dyslexic.

3) They're used to having spell check do all the hard work for them.

Cut them some slack. If you really don't like it, you'd have beat the tar out of them with the unabridged Oxford dictionary. [i've had to do that to some people on occasion.]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Bad excuse. Being bad at spelling the English language could certainly be a factor, but that's no reason to put the letters in a seemingly random order. Which some people deem as acceptable.

2) They're dyslexic.

That's only a very small percentage and by far doesn't cover everyone.

I even doubt they know what a spell checker is.

A lot of people don't care nowadays what their spelling is like. I've noticed a progression in this mentality from the days msn messenger started to become popular. Personally, I look down upon people who have no intention of reasonable spelling. if you won't take the time to make yourself understandable to others, I'm not taking my time to listen to you.

To be fair, on the internet language is played around with so much that there are so many weird alterations on the words we use. As long as it is understandable I am alright with it, but often it is quite stupid and needless, for example, '1337' speech.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Okay, I've seen some bad grammar - and I mean BAD - but this is ridiculus. Almost too ridiculus to be true... :shock:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

To be fair, on the internet language is played around with so much that there are so many weird alterations on the words we use. As long as it is understandable I am alright with it, but often it is quite stupid and needless, for example, '1337' speech.

If its worth doing once, its worth doing right.

If its worth doing twice, its worth doing right.

If its worth doing three times, and you still don't get it, your an idiot.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Yes, it's really, really annoying. But there's nothing we can do about it. Some people clearly think it's a cool thing to do :?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg: the phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rseearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiatrely cllaed Typoglycemia :)- Mbaye taht's why (Try to guess, could be bad language on this) T-srihts are so cmoomn? Amzanig huh? Yaeh and you awlyas thguoht slpeling was ipmorantt.

That is something I saw on the internet a long time ago. Its quite popular as well.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg: the phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rseearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiatrely cllaed Typoglycemia :)- Mbaye taht's why (Try to guess, could be bad language on this) T-srihts are so cmoomn? Amzanig huh? Yaeh and you awlyas thguoht slpeling was ipmorantt.

That is something I saw on the internet a long time ago. Its quite popular as well.

Alright, I'll type a paragraph in regular text, and you and me can have a contest to see who can read it faster.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

2) They're dyslexic.

Cut them some slack. If you really don't like it, you'd have beat the tar out of them with the unabridged Oxford dictionary. [i've had to do that to some people on occasion.]

If you stick numbers to replace letters, you're a bonafide idiot, and none of the two would give someone the idea of using numbers (Number 3 is a copout for stupidity whereas numbers 1 and 2 are valid reasons). Otherwise, as I've already said, 1 and 2 are very valid.

Edit: If you can't speak English well enough to communicate with others, here's a protip: Don't use forums where English is the dominate and, in most cases, required language.

That being said; While some grammar nazis use spelling to completely abolish someone's point (Einstein could have spelled "you" wrong and there'd still be someone who would discount his theory of relativity based on that), I just use it to compound upon a stupid thread. For example, I find when a thread pops up in the forums "Gr8 idea, modds reed", the end product is going to be just as poorly thought out.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Holy crap, I read that soo well :shock:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and you awlyas thguoht slpeling was ipmorantt.

It is. You look like a freaking idiot if you type like this. I understand you type this way to make your point, but I'm not taking one's post serious when written with such awful spelling.

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and you awlyas thguoht slpeling was ipmorantt.

It is. You look like a freaking idiot if you type like this. I understand you type this way to make your point, but I'm not taking one's post serious when written with such awful spelling.

He didn't write that himself. :lol:

[hide=Biggish picture]typoglycemiaai2.png

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typoglycemia[/hide]

OT: I do not really mind if people do minor grammar mistakes, or even mediocre grammar mistakes.

After it passes the mediocre grammar mistake title..

:shame:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

What ticks me off the most is when people say "barrow" instead of borrow. :wall: It's these blatant errors where you're not even close to the actual word that are the problem.

To be fair 'barrow' and 'borrow' are pretty close. It's just that in RS they have completely different meanings.

The_Maddest.png

What ticks me off the most is when people say "barrow" instead of borrow. :wall: It's these blatant errors where you're not even close to the actual word that are the problem.

To be fair 'barrow' and 'borrow' are pretty close. It's just that in RS they have completely different meanings.

They have different meanings everywhere...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Barrow:

(Merriam-Webster)

1 : mountain , mound used only in the names of hills in England 2 : a large mound of earth or stones over the remains of the dead : tumulus

Borrow:

1 a: to receive with the implied or expressed intention of returning the same or an equivalent b: to borrow (money) with the intention of returning the same plus interest2 a: to appropriate for one's own use b: derive , adopt3: to take (one) from a digit of the minuend in arithmetical subtraction in order to add as 10 to the digit holding the next lower place4: to adopt into one language from another

Not even REMOTELY close. It's like 'refrigerator' and 'snow'. Only they're spelled very closely.

DeviledEgg24.png

But I Saly Nat Runez all teh teim.

hehe, I'm actually crying laughing. it's true they could not speak english fluently, but thats real bad. I reckon I could spell french words better than that.

If its worth doing once, its worth doing right.

If its worth doing twice, its worth doing right.

If its worth doing three times, and you still don't get it, your an idiot.

^ you're not your?

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

The goal of communication is understanding. If there was understanding, they achieved their goal. If there wasn't understanding, there's a problem.

How big of a problem.... who knows?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪