Games Franchises that Should Give Up

3PointMan

Why do people hate Mario and Sonic :cry:

They were the originals and are still fun, even if the new ones may be childish.

Well... You could call me a nintendo fanboy, I've played them since I was a wee child :)

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people hate Mario and Sonic :cry:

They were the originals and are still fun, even if the new ones may be childish.

Well... You could call me a nintendo fanboy, I've played them since I was a wee child :)

We don't hate Sonic. We hate what Sega's done to Sonic. The originals are classics. The modern day versions are garbage.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Sonic worked best in 2D, although Mario has had some good games since the 3D movement.

I have yet to not enjoy a core 3d Mario game.

I think the only reason people hate Mario is because Nintendo plaster's him in a huge amount of titles. They get tired of hearing about another Mario game.

Sonic worked best in 2D, although Mario has had some good games since the 3D movement.

The best sonic games released since teh genesis era are to be found in ds and gba ;)

Ironic on how the best sonic games of the most recent generations are in nintendo's consoles :lol:

The best sonic games released since teh genesis era are to be found in ds and gba ;)

Ironic on how the best sonic games of the most recent generations are in nintendo's consoles :lol:

There were Sonic games on other consoles? And the DS and GBA are classified as handhelds while the Wii or the PS3 would be what are refered to as consoles.

There were Sonic games on other consoles? And the DS and GBA are classified as handhelds while the Wii or the PS3 would be what are refered to as consoles.

Handhelds are also classified as portable consoles.

And the 3d sonic games aren't nearly as good as the Sonic adventures and Sonic rush ones.

Handhelds are also classified as portable consoles.

And the 3d sonic games aren't nearly as good as the Sonic adventures and Sonic rush ones.

That's why I said the bolded part. While handheld consoles are still consoles non portable consoles are still what the word is commonly used for.

In all honesty, I think SEGA should just sell itself to Nintendo.

Maybe then we'll get good 3D Sonic or maybe a NEW 2D one in Genesis style for DS. =P~

[hide=]brilliantl.jpg[/hide]

That would be a good idea.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide=NEED URGENT HELP RECONIZING A GAME]I played this game as a kid and I forgot the name and I would REALLY like to pick it up and play it again. Here's the best way I can describe it.

You walk around as this young girl picking up and using cards that you find. You then use them to fight. It's 3D, and it ISNT Yugioh, Pokemon or Digimon. It was such an awesome game but I can't remember it. It was like an RPG that you used cards with monsters inside to fight. It was on PS2 or Gamecube (can't remember)[/hide]

Help still please.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

[hide=NEED URGENT HELP RECONIZING A GAME]I played this game as a kid and I forgot the name and I would REALLY like to pick it up and play it again. Here's the best way I can describe it.

You walk around as this young girl picking up and using cards that you find. You then use them to fight. It's 3D, and it ISNT Yugioh, Pokemon or Digimon. It was such an awesome game but I can't remember it. It was like an RPG that you used cards with monsters inside to fight. It was on PS2 or Gamecube (can't remember)[/hide]

Help still please.

Magic The Gathering?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Help still please.

Magic The Gathering?

Well i'm not an expert by the only thing I know that featured cards where a girl was the main character was cardcaptor Sakura. It is old but it could be it I guess. :? I suppose anything is possible if they are still making new dragonball z games (and other material that is selling -.- )

Help still please.

Magic The Gathering?

Well i'm not an expert by the only thing I know that featured cards where a girl was the main character was cardcaptor Sakura. It is old but it could be it I guess. :? I suppose anything is possible if they are still making new dragonball z games (and other material that is selling -.- )

I think I've heard of that game...

I never knew there was a MTG console game though :shock:

disturbeda.png

minor nintendo franchises like starfox and kirby.

If Star Fox avoids the FPS genre it is fine. There arn't that many shooter games (is that the genre? I'm not really sure what it is called exactly) out nowadays so it is a genre lacking in titles. With Wii Motion Plus Star Fox will be very interesting. Anyone who has done the island flying game in Wii Sports Resort will know what I'm talking about.

If Star Fox avoids the FPS genre it is fine. There arn't that many shooter games (is that the genre? I'm not really sure what it is called exactly) out nowadays so it is a genre lacking in titles. With Wii Motion Plus Star Fox will be very interesting. Anyone who has done the island flying game in Wii Sports Resort will know what I'm talking about.

Star fox is fine, they just need to get back to the Ship and Landmaster ONLY, avoiding the third person shooter / FPS.

Kirby needs a new wii-cannon title, with a new hook (Save the power for example, and being back the combination effect from crystal shards).

the starfox games are good, but yeah, they could give up on kirby...

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I think that you're talking about Lost Kingdoms I or II.

They were for the gamecube, I liked them both.

2Xeo5.png

Dude, Kirby isn't a minor Nintendo franchise.

I mean, like 13 or 14 games doesn't really seem minor. Plus at least in the Kirby games they don't rehash the same plot over and over.

Plot of every [bleep]in' Mario game

----------------------------------------------

Bowser or the main enemy kidnaps the [bleep]in' [bleep] princess. Mario rescues her. The end.

Plot of different Kirby games

-------------------------------------------

Dream Land/Spring Breeze (KSS, KSSU) - King Dedede steals all the food in Dream Land. Kirby defeats him and the citizens don't starve. (Not that unique, but it was meant as a game for beginning gamers)

Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland - King Dedede breaks the Star Rod into 7 pieces and gives them to the bosses to protect them. After Kirby get's them all, it is shown that King Dedede only did it so Nightmare would use it.

Dream Land 2 - Kirby get's some animal friends who help him save Dream Land from Dark Matter.

Revenge of Meta Knight (KSS, KSSU) - Meta Knight tries to take over Dream Land with his ship the Halberd. Kirby destroys the ship and he and Meta Knight escape.

Milky Way Wishes (KSS, KSSU) - Marx makes the sun and moon fight and Kirby goes to space and summons Nova. Marx wishes to control Pop Star, after destroying the nucleus of Nova, Kirby fights Marx and Marx crashes into Nova and their head a splode.

DynaBlade (KSS, KSSU) - DynaBlade is destroying the crops. Kirby fights her, only to discover she was simply getting food for her chicks. Kirby gets the chicks some apples from Whispy Woods.

Dream Land 3 - I don't remember the plot. All I remember is Dark Matter is back and Zero shoots blood.

Kirby 64 - Dark Matter attacks the planet of faeries and a fairy named Ribbon flies away with the crystal. The crystal breaks into crystal shards and Kirby helps her find the shards. With help from a Waddle Dee, Adeline, and a reluctant King Dedede. After getting all 72 shards you fight Zero Two. Who shoots blood.

Umm, I never bothered playing the Game Boy Advance Kirby games.

Canvas Curse - Don't remember the plot

Squeak Squad - A gang called the Squeaks steals some treasure or some [cabbage].

Plot of every [bleep]' Mario game

Bowser or the main enemy kidnaps the [bleep]' [bleep] princess. Mario rescues her. The end.

That's one reason I love the Mario games. Although Mario's name IS being thrown into too many other titles these days.

Dude, Kirby isn't a minor Nintendo franchise.

I mean, like 13 or 14 games doesn't really seem minor. Plus at least in the Kirby games they don't rehash the same plot over and over.

Plot of every [bleep]' Mario game

Bowser or the main enemy kidnaps the [bleep]' [bleep] princess. Mario rescues her. The end.

Plot of different Kirby games

-------------------------------------------

Dream Land/Spring Breeze (KSS, KSSU) - King Dedede steals all the food in Dream Land. Kirby defeats him and the citizens don't starve. (Not that unique, but it was meant as a game for beginning gamers)

Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland - King Dedede breaks the Star Rod into 7 pieces and gives them to the bosses to protect them. After Kirby get's them all, it is shown that King Dedede only did it so Nightmare would use it.

Dream Land 2 - Kirby get's some animal friends who help him save Dream Land from Dark Matter.

Revenge of Meta Knight (KSS, KSSU) - Meta Knight tries to take over Dream Land with his ship the Halberd. Kirby destroys the ship and he and Meta Knight escape.

Milky Way Wishes (KSS, KSSU) - Marx makes the sun and moon fight and Kirby goes to space and summons Nova. Marx wishes to control Pop Star, after destroying the nucleus of Nova, Kirby fights Marx and Marx crashes into Nova and their head a splode.

DynaBlade (KSS, KSSU) - DynaBlade is destroying the crops. Kirby fights her, only to discover she was simply getting food for her chicks. Kirby gets the chicks some apples from Whispy Woods.

Dream Land 3 - I don't remember the plot. All I remember is Dark Matter is back and Zero shoots blood.

Kirby 64 - Dark Matter attacks the planet of faeries and a fairy named Ribbon flies away with the crystal. The crystal breaks into crystal shards and Kirby helps her find the shards. With help from a Waddle Dee, Adeline, and a reluctant King Dedede. After getting all 72 shards you fight Zero Two. Who shoots blood.

Umm, I never bothered playing the Game Boy Advance Kirby games.

Canvas Curse - Don't remember the plot

Squeak Squad - A gang called the Squeaks steals some treasure or some [cabbage].

Mario plots are also diferent

SMB: Koopa kidnaps princess

SMB2: Koopa kidnas princes, but lays traps in every corner aswell as poisoning the entire world's mushrooms, leaving only a few eatable

SMB3: Koopa kids transform the seven kings, koopa only kidnaps princess in the end

SMW: Koopa kidnaps all the yoshi's, mario saves them and the princess.

SM64: Koopa wants cake, kidnaps princess and eats the cake

SMS: Mario goes on vacation and some dude paints the city where mario is, mario is called as a plumber to clean the poo.

NSBM: same as smb

SMG: Koopa wants to destroy the whole world and universe with peach at his side, mario gets pissed off, destroys koopa and leaves peach in th middle of destruction in hopes of beggining a new life with rosalina, wich dumps him in the mushroom kingdom to the unhapiness of mario.

See? completely diferent storylines.

However Myamoto said that mario games shouldnt have a strong storyline anyways.