Maxing 200mil

Wahsac

Hi

People who max 200mil skill XP intrigue me somewhat.

Do they just find the fastest XP rate and grind away at it ?

Or do they just grind away at it regardless of the XP they get ?

If you take a look at the fastest XP rates for fishing, woodcutting, mining etc even playing 8 hours

a day it would still take some time to achieve.......

Done some net searches on this and found nothing as to how long it took to achieve or the path taken

to max out a skill.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well some of the skills are actually profittable, so they might not be doing it purely for the xp. for instance, i think Larryr (guy in first place for runecrafting) did double nats

also skills like magic can be 'secondary', in that the people get xp in them while doing something else... the guy who's currently in first place for summoning (weyoun i believe?) is ranked in the top few for magic, since he's maging rock lobsters for charms. other people training summoning via waterfiends or similar also accumulate a lot of xp in whatever attack type they use. i've gotten a lot of strength experience from waterfiends personally.

@3hitm4g3u that's a fairly useless reply.

fishing.gif

In some skills (mostly Combat skills), maxing out is either inevitable or less painful. Other skills, like Mining or Fishing, that's just painful at times. It might not be about the fastest XP rate, since for either Mining or Fishing that's Granite and Sharks, respectively, but more of what they like to do. Doing something you like really takes the edge off of it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

777knight777, the first fisher to max out the fishing skill did barb training heavy rod fishing all the way up to the point of it's release. It's the fastest way to gain fishing exp after level 80.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

well some of the skills are actually profittable, so they might not be doing it purely for the xp. for instance, i think Larryr (guy in first place for runecrafting) did double nats

also skills like magic can be 'secondary', in that the people get xp in them while doing something else... the guy who's currently in first place for summoning (weyoun i believe?) is ranked in the top few for magic, since he's maging rock lobsters for charms. other people training summoning via waterfiends or similar also accumulate a lot of xp in whatever attack type they use. i've gotten a lot of strength experience from waterfiends personally.

larryr had law runners.

in reality he is quite poor, most likely under 1bil.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

larryr had law runners.

Yeah, Larry was a really generous person. He didn't really hoard money.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

larryr had law runners.

you mean she. Larryr is the account given to her by her son. She developed a liking for rc and started an rc company (which I forgot the name of lol).

I don't have any 200m skills but as i do play i enjoy watching my ranks get higher and higher, im a pretty competitive person when it comes to a lot of things (not just rs) and i like to try to 'outdue' my friends in ranks or xp so am sure some of the people one the front page may do it because they enjoy the skill or because of the sheer competitor within them, or possibly have way too much time on their hands.

larryr had law runners.

you mean she. Larryr is the account given to her by her son. She developed a liking for rc and started an rc company (which I forgot the name of lol).

ah, interesting. i had always thought it was just some guy with unusually high awesomity levels

fishing.gif

larryr had law runners.

Yes, because anyone with under 1 Billion gp is poor...

But yeah, I suppose for someone with 157M+ exp in RuneCrafting you expect them to have billions in rares and whatnot.

200m fletching experience can potentially be done in about 240 hours, which is really not that long.

Most of the other skills that have people with 200m experience are the ones that are fast... but all it takes is some ridiculous dedication to the skill.

They do it because its a hell of a challenge.

Tip,it has the 3rd top Firemaker(or had), he quit =(

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

From the one person I know with 200M in a stat it at first was purely to be #1 for as long as possible(I'm sure he'd have gone for 1Bil if he could) .. but firemaking can only be for love of the stat, and it is just a big money drain nowadays. he went yews, cause it is fast xp, and is much, much more cost effective then magic logs.

But I've heard of people thieving for money, and before you know it you got 30M xp and 800M in the bank or whatever. I think every 200 Miller has they're own reason.

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

200m fletching experience can potentially be done in about 240 hours, which is really not that long.

Most of the other skills that have people with 200m experience are the ones that are fast... but all it takes is some ridiculous dedication to the skill.

Yeah 240 hours isn't very long at all -- I mean, my calculations say, including the process of getting the money for it, that getting 138 combat (99 prayer, 96 summon) will take me about 500 hours at 600k cash an hour... D: (though the prayer is gonna be shortened quite a bit by the prayer brawlers... thank god)

200 mil in a stat is pretty just showing dedication to a skill... I dunno. I know Tommybg2003 pretty much camped abyssal demons all the way to 200m attack, getting him like 450 whip drops. Its something over 400, I know that. He's got like 4 phats and full 3a melee now I think.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

From the one person I know with 200M in a stat it at first was purely to be #1 for as long as possible(I'm sure he'd have gone for 1Bil if he could) .. but firemaking can only be for love of the stat, and it is just a big money drain nowadays. he went yews, cause it is fast xp, and is much, much more cost effective then magic logs.

But I've heard of people thieving for money, and before you know it you got 30M xp and 800M in the bank or whatever. I think every 200 Miller has they're own reason.

what do you thieve to get nearly 90gp per 1exp, if i knew about that i'd abuse the hell out of it just to get high thieving, by that calculation you'd make ~7.5billion from 200mil thieving, to best of my knowledge you make #100mil getting 200mil from ardy knights, pallidins perhaps 400mil getting 200mil exp. idk about other may be some secretive money maker on thieving.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

In classic no one really thieved by pickpocketing. It was all about chests and none was more profitable than the nature rune chest in Ardy. Not saying they made THAT much but it was killer profit back in the day.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Probably but more people camped Natures so it is kind of like when people camp dragons instead of avansies (for whatever reason). Sure the avansies are more difficult and give better money but more people will always seem to camp dragons more so than avansies...

At the time there were few thieves that high as well. Man thieving sucked in Classic. Remember having to fight the NPC if you failed to pickpocket them? Aw man almost as bad as ranging :P

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

yeah, I don't look back on classic as being the best era of RS as some on these boards do (mainly pkers I guess).

OT : Why max out 200 mil in a skill... the "fame" I guess. Even though with more than 30 maxed out cookers, the point is rather moot.

Or total XP, the higher the XP/Hour taking into consideration the cost is what motivate the Uber-Maxed out (2376 total and 600Mil xp +) to get those skills to the limit.

Off topic: After the post about the guy who got 200 mil Xp attack on abbyssal demons, I'd love to see the loot of someone getting 200 mil XP Ranged on aviansies... talk about smith XP!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563