Plane crashes into Hudson River

stevepole

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flew into a flock of birds apparently, no doubt will have been muslim birds.

...lol. That's just random, stupid birds.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Jesus Christ, how does no one die in a plane crash.

Cause it crashed into a river?

Impact still can and will kill.Like the end of the Guardian?Pretty realistic.Whats more its a plane,going MUCH faster than the human terminal velocity,I sure believe someone would have died from the impact.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Impact still can and will kill.Like the end of the Guardian?Pretty realistic.Whats more its a plane,going MUCH faster than the human terminal velocity,I sure believe someone would have died from the impact.

Well it isn't like the plane took a nosedive into the water. It fell into the water in a landing position. A plane landing on uneven earth like that would prabably have someone killed.

Now if there was a hole somewhere in the plane when it landed... hehehe

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Boeing kicks [wagon], that's why!

Go airplanes! I have to get hyped up because I'm going to be flying (alone) a lot next summer.

I'm scared :c

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I heard once that falling from height onto water can actually result in more damage to the object than if something fell onto concrete. I'm not overly sure how true that is though...

Anyway well done to the pilot for missing downtown Manhattan and managing to prevent any deaths or serious injuries of passengers =D>

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Props to the pilot. From what I've read, he made an incredible landing.

For those that didn't know, it's pretty cold up here in the northeast, so some reports mention some people with hypothermia. But still, no deaths. Amazing.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Sounds like they were lucky no one died. Good work to the pilot, though, and to all those in boats who came to the rescue.

I could only imagine the horror any witnesses felt when watching it. You just know they would be thinking back to 9/11.

I forget the speed, but if you hit water at a certain speed (something around 120mph I think) it has a higher surface tension than concrete, if the plan nose dived in at high speed the plane would've been destroyed and most likely close to every passenger would have died. There's also higher G forces involved with crashing into water as it decelerates you extremely quickly, meaning there's a higher chance of internal injuries, broken bones and head injuries.

Props to the pilot I suppose, gave them a fair honest warning, put it down as safely as possible and stayed behind to make sure everyone was off ok.

I'd say though it could have been a terrifying sight to see from your window considering New York and it's history with low-flying airplanes.

Earlier today, A plane took off from LaGuardia Airport, New York and crashed moments later into the Hudson River with 148 passengers and 5 crew members. All are safe and the plane is still in tack. I thought this was pretty cool that everyone came out safe and no one got hurt.

New York Times Article

One person is currently undergoing surgery for lacerations.

I watched the news, seems as if they were just anxious for a piece of good news. They made this sound like a miracle, even though the plane was air-tight and that 98% of plane crashes have survivors. Not a miracle.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Well, im not that surprised everyone survived. Sure, its a miracle, but its not like it bellyflopped. It didnt go straight down, did it? It entered at an angle. So obviously that was a big part of it.

It was a planned landing. It did not "crash." The plane hit a flock of seagulls, and one of the engines on the wing blew up. The pilot believed he could not make it back to the airport, so he did the most plausible thing. They say he was flying very low to the ground along the river for quite some time, so obviously he was softening the landing as much as he could.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

It was a planned landing. It did not "crash." The plane hit a flock of seagulls, and one of the engines on the wing blew up. The pilot believed he could not make it back to the airport, so he did the most plausible thing. They say he was flying very low to the ground along the river for quite some time, so obviously he was softening the landing as much as he could.

Terroist birds.

I've never saw the day this would happen.

Whats next? terroist beavers?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Terroist birds.

I've never saw the day this would happen.

Terrorist termites.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

http://caribooponderer.wordpress.com/20 ... nadian-eh/

...and to the dweeb who tried to make a joke about muslim birds, I pity you.

alright. once, there was a family of the dad, Joe, the mom, Sue and the son Jim. one day they were sitting at the breakfast table eating pancakes. the next thing they knew, 3 giant penguins came in and bit their heads off. they died. the end