Tips on gaining weight

imbackstinkers

How old are you and are you a boy or girl? Because if you're a boy in puberty (I think that's safe to assume), then you will put on weight naturally towards the end of adolescence through muscles. Also, 5' 8" and 120 isn't bad... I'm 6' and 131.

Why do you want to gain weight?

Quite. I'm around his size, and my weight just gives me the finger and flies around, but now I'm staying up in the 140 zone.

Also ... You're almost liiiiittler than me. :3

At 6', I've been up to 140 (peak tennis season) and down to 123 (when I had my wisdom teeth removed). The curse of a high metabolism and low appetite.

Almost bigger than me, eh? *searches for bone saw* :uhh:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have that underweight condition that you might die of, really, why do you want to get fat? Because if the weight doesn't come in muscles, its gonna come by fat. Skinny people already look decent; why fix something that isn't broke?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

:shock: Dude. You are EXACTLY my height, EXACTLY my weight! And I too have been looking for a way to put on a couple pounds (~10-15)

Although I have a very high metabolism, so eating plain old junk food doesn't work for me (I'm guessing you have the same problem) I still haven't found a way to gain some weight a healthy way (I'm seriously more afraid of getting a heart attack or something from eating lots of junk food..)

Instead I stopped over-eating, and started working out. A friend of mine told me that muscle weighs more than fat, I doubt its true, but I'm still going for it because it'll be worth it :) Good luck with your thread and getting advice, I know I'll be eyeing it carefully haha.

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

:shock: Dude. You are EXACTLY my height, EXACTLY my weight! And I too have been looking for a way to put on a couple pounds (~10-15)

Although I have a very high metabolism, so eating plain old junk food doesn't work for me (I'm guessing you have the same problem) I still haven't found a way to gain some weight a healthy way (I'm seriously more afraid of getting a heart attack or something from eating lots of junk food..)

Instead I stopped over-eating, and started working out. A friend of mine told me that muscle weighs more than fat, I doubt its true, but I'm still going for it because it'll be worth it :) Good luck with your thread and getting advice, I know I'll be eyeing it carefully haha.

Your friend is correct. Muscle does weigh more than fat.

Pixeloaded.jpg

but yea. having a 18.2 bmi is definitely something to worry about weight.

Wait, it is? Isn't underweight 18.5 and less? 18.2 is pretty darn close to 18.5, barely underweight...

Apparently I would have to be 6 inches shorter if I were to be normal weight. Or gain 15 pounds.

The latter sounds easier. :?

(Time to eat 60 quarter-pounders...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Rub your food on a piece of paper. If it turns clear, it's the way to weight gain.

Seriously though, work on building muscle as it does weigh more than fat. It's also healthier and looks better, too. Couldn't tell you how to build a significant amount of muscle mass though, seeing as how I myself am 5'7'' and 110 lbs.

Unless you have that underweight condition that you might die of, really, why do you want to get fat? Because if the weight doesn't come in muscles, its gonna come by fat. Skinny people already look decent; why fix something that isn't broke?

It's not broke, but it's going to break. Being underweight is unhealthy. Also, his current diet is extremely unhealthy. If he doesn't fix it, he's much more susceptible to nasty diseases compared to people that eat properly.

The body needs good stuff to build up. The crap the topicstarter is eating on a day doesn't help the body.

Personally, I think the eating pattern is the underlying cause. Fix that. Eat healthy. That's the fundament for being healthy, and having a healthy weight. Building up muscles is just masking the problem. Don't do it. Also, you won't achieve a lot by having an unhealthy eating pattern. It's not only training that builds up muscles, but rest and a proper diet are just as important.

I have the curse of high metabolism and never being hungry.

Height: 6 feet

Weight: 122

BMI: 16.5

I'll be 20 in a couple of months, which makes it all the more pitiable. I haven't gained any weight since first year of High School (5-6 years ago)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Because it's kinda pathetic to be underweight. I have a friend who is incredibly skinny and he's a lot taller than me, but anyone can pretty much kick his [wagon] even if he towers over them.

It's also easier to gain fat than muscles. Gaining muscles isn't as easy as some of you guys make it out to be.

Because it's kinda pathetic to be underweight. I have a friend who is incredibly skinny and he's a lot taller than me, but anyone can pretty much kick his [wagon] even if he towers over them.

It's also easier to gain fat than muscles. Gaining muscles isn't as easy as some of you guys make it out to be.

Gaining muscles isn't that hard. You just do stuff; it really is that simple. Also, the OP is a teenager who will burn through fat very easily, so in his case it is easier to get muscles.

It's not broke, but it's going to break. Being underweight is unhealthy. Also, his current diet is extremely unhealthy. If he doesn't fix it, he's much more susceptible to nasty diseases compared to people that eat properly.

The body needs good stuff to build up. The crap the topicstarter is eating on a day doesn't help the body.

I'll admit, eating McDonalds more than twice a week can't be good for you. Still, fix the eating problem, do some exercise for the heart and lungs and he's fine. No need to get super muscles and eat green salads all day long.

If you have to worry about somebody kicking your [wagon], you might want to reconsider your acts of kindness if there are any.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So it seems the general consensus in this thread is that to gain weight, you should:

Exercize and eat healthy.

Isn't that what most people tell others who want to lose weight though?

Oh and Shadow that was actually a mexican kid who chronicled himself losing weight and getting in shape. The proper order is from bottom to top, and the original had nothing to do with World of Warcraft.

Gaining muscles isn't that hard. You just do stuff; it really is that simple. Also, the OP is a teenager who will burn through fat very easily, so in his case it is easier to get muscles.

Dude, you have no idea... Stop.

So it seems the general consensus in this thread is that to gain weight, you should:

Exercize and eat healthy.

Isn't that what most people tell others who want to lose weight though?

Oh and Shadow that was actually a mexican kid who chronicled him losing weight and getting in shape. The proper order is from bottom to top, and the original had nothing to do with World of Warcraft.

Being healthy means you're neither underweight or overweight... so it makes sense.

And I know, it's a joke. It's funny though lol.

Dude, you have no idea... Stop.

So for a 14 year old with high metabolism it's easier to put on fat than muscle?

Or are you taking offense to my muscle statement? :P Really, sports do wonders.

I take offense that you make it sound so easy. You don't "just gain muscles." It takes a lot more than that.

Well yeah, it takes months and years, but since when is exercise an immediate gain (besides maybe runner's high).

I find it easier to put on muscle than fat. Also easier to build muscle than tone it. Toning is hard. Very hard. But it's really what you have to do to have it noticed.

Bah, I'll just stick with being the slightly lighter-than-average tall kid.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I don't want to get buff or muscular, just put on a little size, to give you a kind of background info:

5 foot 8 120 pounds

Diet

Breakfast: Eggs and toast/3 slices of leftover cake from day before/ 2 nuggets and toast/

Lunch at school: Pizza/ hamburger sandwich/chicken sandwich/ any kind of sandwich

dinner: (Mashed potatoes/rice/macaroni pie) and (chicken/lamb/fish)

Supper: anything

snacks: Lays chips, icecream cake, mcdonalds once a week maybe three times a week,coke, powerade and other assorted chocolates and beverages

Any tips to gain at least 30 pounds in 3 months/4 months

It's beyond me why you want to GAIN weight. I'm 3 inches taller than you and 10lbs lighter. I eat like a fat man, and never gain an ounce. Some people just can't do it. I suggest eating nothing but really fatty/unfillling foods. like Mcdonalds. Seriously, eating nothing but fast food for 4 months straight should bounce you up another 20lbs atleast.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't want to get buff or muscular, just put on a little size

It sounds like OP doesn't want to work out or anything, just gain weight (read: get fat). He hasn't really expressed any interest in eating healthy and exercising to gain muscle, just in gaining weight.

Meh, maybe I'm the only one who took his post to mean that. :?

I dont know about, feet and inches, and pounds ( not american,)

5"8 = 173 cm

120lbs = 54.4kg

Your BMI is 18.2 o_O

What?

Mine is around 23.

OP's BMI is 18.2. I used a calculator (http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I don't want to get buff or muscular, just put on a little size

It sounds like OP doesn't want to work out or anything, just gain weight (read: get fat). He hasn't really expressed any interest in eating healthy and exercising to gain muscle, just in gaining weight.

Meh, maybe I'm the only one who took his post to mean that. :?

I just took that as a sign of weakness and as such something to be ignored.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.