Tips on gaining weight

imbackstinkers

I don't want to get buff or muscular, just put on a little size, to give you a kind of background info:

5 foot 8 120 pounds

Diet

Breakfast: Eggs and toast/3 slices of leftover cake from day before/ 2 nuggets and toast/

Lunch at school: Pizza/ hamburger sandwich/chicken sandwich/ any kind of sandwich

dinner: (Mashed potatoes/rice/macaroni pie) and (chicken/lamb/fish)

Supper: anything

snacks: Lays chips, icecream cake, mcdonalds once a week maybe three times a week,coke, powerade and other assorted chocolates and beverages

Any tips to gain at least 30 pounds in 3 months/4 months

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to eat unhealthy to gain weight you know...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Eat healthier and eat more often. Plenty of high-quality carbohydrates. You could try and add muscle mass by lifting weights coupled with a high protein diet. Ease off low-intensity fat burning cardio, but don't neglect your heart and health. Instead do hill-sprint training.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Diet

Breakfast: Eggs and toast/3 slices of leftover cake from day before/ 2 nuggets and toast/

Lunch at school: Pizza/ hamburger sandwich/chicken sandwich/ any kind of sandwich

dinner: (Mashed potatoes/rice/macaroni pie) and (chicken/lamb/fish)

Supper: anything

snacks: Lays chips, icecream cake, mcdonalds once a week maybe three times a week,coke, powerade and other assorted chocolates and beverages

Carry on with this and you'll be fine.

Meat contains a lot of protein.

spacescenev24.jpg

With a diet like that, you're lucky not to be overweight. Obviously you have a very high metabolism, and if you want to gain weight just by massive eating would take a long time and would have severe consequences. I also had trouble gaining weight because at first I just tried eating unhealthy foods, but I gave up early and started training instead, drinking a lot of protein shakes (like Pro-Whey).

You'll not only gain weight the healthy way, you'll look good :thumbsup: Also, the effects (if you stick to simple weight lifts) are pretty fast.

hiccup.png

How old are you and are you a boy or girl? Because if you're a boy in puberty (I think that's safe to assume), then you will put on weight naturally towards the end of adolescence through muscles. Also, 5' 8" and 120 isn't bad... I'm 6' and 131.

Why do you want to gain weight?

I dont know about, feet and inches, and pounds ( not american,)

But here is my advice for you.

Lots of protein.

With your current diet I dont know how your not just a ball of lard.

Remeber the five food groups.

Im 165cm and weigh 64 kgs.

Oh look, my BMI is like 3 lower than yours...

But that's partially because I hit my growth spurt. My height rocketed, my weight...Not so much.

Have a healthy diet, and keep in mind muscle > fat. Though if you seriously just want to pack on a few more pounds, I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

Protein is important, your main source will probably be meat.

And exercise. Like I said, muscle > fat. Even if you don't want to be muscular, apparently it weighs more. (And there's not much bad that can come from being a bit muscular...)

I would also suggest eating less a bit less at each meal but more often, though I don't know how effective that is.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Thanks guys for all the help. Im going to go whip up some protein shakes now, if i only knew what to put in the shake

Just buy a jug/tub/mug of protein shake powder and add milk or water. They also (Pro-Whey) come in individual plastic "gatorade" bottles so you can drink as you work out.

hiccup.png

What is the point of putting on 30 pounds if it's not Muscle? The only thing it's going to leave you with is a jiggly [wagon].

Could do with a bit more info, are you deliberately just slapping on any form of weight? Is it for sports? Is it to make you look better etc. Tell us what kind of weight you want and you'll get better answers.

You can bulk 30 pounds of protein enriched "fat" or you can sit on your [wagon] all day and just eat [cabbage] till you get the extra 30, telling us what it's for will help us tell you what to eat.

How old are you and are you a boy or girl? Because if you're a boy in puberty (I think that's safe to assume), then you will put on weight naturally towards the end of adolescence through muscles. Also, 5' 8" and 120 isn't bad... I'm 6' and 131.

Why do you want to gain weight?

Quite. I'm around his size, and my weight just gives me the finger and flies around, but now I'm staying up in the 140 zone.

Also ... You're almost liiiiittler than me. :3

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

What is the point of putting on 30 pounds if it's not Muscle? The only thing it's going to leave you with is a jiggly [wagon].

Could do with a bit more info, are you deliberately just slapping on any form of weight? Is it for sports? Is it to make you look better etc. Tell us what kind of weight you want and you'll get better answers.

You can bulk 30 pounds of protein enriched "fat" or you can sit on your [wagon] all day and just eat [cabbage] till you get the extra 30, telling us what it's for will help us tell you what to eat.

It's to make myself look better

Your diet is fairly unhealthy. I would also like to say that your metabolism is very good. I would probably start trying to eat things such as whole grain pasta or rice. It's healthy and can give you a lot of energy which can be used for gaining weight or growing.

j0xPu5R.png

5"8 = 173 cm

120lbs = 54.4kg

Your BMI level is 18.2 o_O

All I know is that eating carbs will help you gain weight. Some foods that have carbs: potatoes, brown rice, oats, pasta, whole grains.

But yeah, if you want to look better, eat MORE HEALTHY foods (not cakes and all that) and work out. :) You eat way too much fast food. tsk.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well putting on fat will just make you look ugly and unfit, not to mention the excess grease will do nothing for your general appearance.

You'd be much better off getting a set of weights and some protein / creatine supplements and just building up muscle. 15-20 pounds of muscle will look much better than 30 pounds of fat will, unless what you're trying to do is "bulk and cut", get fat and then use the excess fat while working out to your benefit, making it easier to work out / pack on muscle.

I'm in your position to, I tried eating junk food and all that left me with was 10 pounds of ugly fat which pretty much just ended up on my [wagon], abs and thighs making me look uglier and unproportionate. You'd be much better off buying the supplements and working out on a purely bulk up basis, it's working extremely well for me. I've put on 12 pounds in 2 months but I haven't been working to hard at it, already I'm getting relatively toned and well proportioned, a couple more weeks and I'll be where I want.

You can easily control where Muscle ends up, fat is hit and miss.

Well putting on fat will just make you look ugly and unfit, not to mention the excess grease will do nothing for your general appearance.

You'd be much better off getting a set of weights and some protein / creatine supplements and just building up muscle. 15-20 pounds of muscle will look much better than 30 pounds of fat will, unless what you're trying to do is "bulk and cut", get fat and then use the excess fat while working out to your benefit, making it easier to work out / pack on muscle.

I'm in your position to, I tried eating junk food and all that left me with was 10 pounds of ugly fat which pretty much just ended up on my [wagon], abs and thighs making me look uglier and unproportionate. You'd be much better off buying the supplements and working out on a purely bulk up basis, it's working extremely well for me. I've put on 12 pounds in 2 months but I haven't been working to hard at it, already I'm getting relatively toned and well proportioned, a couple more weeks and I'll be where I want.

You can easily control where Muscle ends up, fat is hit and miss.

Excess grease?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

5"8 = 173 cm

120lbs = 54.4kg

What?

Mine is around 23.

BMI is weight in kilograms over height in meters squared.

I have a basic idea of feet,inches and pounds. I just dont use it.

1 foot = 12 inches

12 inches = 30 cm

1inch = 2.5 cm

1 pound = about half a kilo.

5"8 = 173 cm

120lbs = 54.4kg

All I know is that eating carbs will help you gain weight. Some foods that have carbs: potatoes, brown rice, oats, pasta, whole grains.

But yeah, if you want to look better, eat MORE HEALTHY foods (not cakes and all that) and work out. :) You eat way too much fast food. tsk.

mine is almost 26, 170 pounds at 5'9 and the sad thing is, i'm asian. -.-

but yea. having a 18.2 bmi is definitely something to worry about weight. gaining it by eating saturating crap won't do any good, exercising and building muscles gains weight and makes your appearance a LOT better then having a beer belly.