-Your early days of runescape-

tard53

Hey i was just thinking of how the things i did in my first week of runescape. Oh what a newb i was. When my friend first introduced the game to me i remember asking "how do you win?" Then i remembered the same friend giving me all the ore i needed for my first completed quest, dorics quest.

good times good times :twss:

Post some of your first encounters with the wonderful game known as runescape.

Discuss things like your first death, why you created your account, anything embarrassing things. (don't worry what happens in the tip it forums STAYS in the tipit forums :) )

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i was just thinking of how the things i did in my first week of runescape. Oh what a newb i was. When my friend first introduced the game to me i remember asking "how do you win?" Then i remembered the same friend giving me all the ore i needed for my first completed quest, dorics quest.

good times good times :twss:

Post some of your first encounters with the wonderful game known as runescape.

Discuss!

Early days I was tricked to go into the wilderness because supposidly that was where the guy sells fishing rods. #-o

(I was killed).

I did alot of mining, it was fun. And sitting at the General store watching the items that were put in and buying the good items that I could sell later for profit was enjoyable. \'

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I made my first account, "Greenfrogger" back in '03. My real life friend, "Redfrogger", showed me the game and picked the name for me. He showed me around RS and gave me some bronze. :thumbsup:

I remember I wanted to go to Karamja and when I boarded the ship I was stuck because I didn't see the gangplank and didn't know how to exit the ship :oops:

I quit on that account.

On Easter '05 I made the account that I have today, Cooldude3910. I remember I was walking around and saw that Easter Bunny and I did that Easter Event and got the Rubber Chicken. \'

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

I started around april 2001. Barely anyone high levelled in that time. I remember my friend being good (or so I though) because he could kill 2 Varrock guards in a row. Later he got me killed by the scorpions in Al Kharid. Back then, you had to fight 3 rounds before you could run, so I got killed and lost all my stuff (a few bronze items).

Another time someone gave me a coal ore, and told me I should sell it for a massive 100gp (the coal price in that time). I refused to believe him because in my opinion that was just too much.

I also remember the days when banks were introduced, when the wilderness was introduced. I used to lure noobs to a giant somewhere in the wilderness, which got them killed. I had some fun with my friends back then.

Oh, and I remember spamming the F word all around Runescape. There was no filter back then. People told me you could get banned if Jagex saw you swearing, so I immediately stopped doing it. (I was 13 back in the days)

Oh, and I remember spamming the F word all around Runescape. There was no filter back then. People told me you could get banned if Jagex saw you swearing, so I immediately stopped doing it. (I was 13 back in the days)

:lol:

The first week of RuneScape I spent exclusively mining tin and copper at the SE Varrock Mines, smelting them back at Lumbridge, smithing them into weapons and then selling my products to the general store for cash :D . It was so much fun, and the feeling I got when I got my first 1k was amazing :lol: .

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

One of my first encounters with RuneScape was with banks. I found the bank in Draynor, and didn't know you could store items in a bank in one place and withdraw them from another branch :oops:

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

This thread is awesome

I started in september of 04, after my then real life friend (who I ironically beat the poop out of a week ago) told me about it. As soon as I started I walked around a bunch and ended up in varrock. A guy named Viral King (level 30ish if I remember correctly, god was that high) gave me full bronze. I walked around bragging about it and when someone in full mystic or something called me a noob I was like pfft, youre wearing robes. noob.

Once I found falador I started mining in the dwarven mines, taking the long way back to falador (couldnt risk walking by those level 14 scorpions), smelting my bronze bars, walking back to the dwarven mines and smithing them into the highest armor that I could. I would then sell my stoof to the dwarven general store and get like 15 gp each time. After a while I had about 200gp and figured I was set for a while.

Then I met someone. The mysterious old man. 640 gp and I was freaking out. I actually called up my friend who showed me rs and told him and he couldnt believe it either.

About a month later I fell for the "Jagex censors your password, here's mine: ******" scam, so that account was gone. I had the name of the guy who scammed me, and I reported him after I made a new account. But I figured that that wasn't enough. I vowed to train my mage up to 90 to use the teleother to camelot spell. I figured that you could tele anyone whether they wanted to or not, and I also figured that camelot was some distant land full of high level aggresive monsters that would kill anyone instantly.

My main is still the account that I made after my original one got "hacked". But about a year ago I was extremely bored and started guessing passwords for my old account. Long story short, two tries and I was in. And it wasn't even an easy, obvious, haxxorish password. :shock:

sir_cambridg.png

LOL. This could take a while.

Sir_Cambridg.png

I spent a lot of time mining ore in al kharid and then using low alchemy to turn it into gold ore. Then I sold it to the General Shop, rinsed and repeated. . .

I did that until got 10k...took forever o_O Then my friend told me I could be turning them into certs and making loads of cash... :(

hzvjpwS.gif

i remember saying what are you all afraid of delrith from we can take him, take it in turns, nobody cooperated so i homed in for the kill and it said i needed to start a quest.

I started january 2002 just before members but there were banks and other things i dont really have many memories nothing signifant.

I did alot of fishing in classic and alot of fishing in early rs2, but nothing since :$

I certainly miss the early days of my rs though, getting so lost and asking for help and them being like "no noob" the 3 rounds was a pain though like Bauke said, then the patronising urgent, no kneecap walk away before they got you and beat you up some more.

Inventory pics in classic were so much better, i was walking towards varrock which i can see in classic view closely now, and i asked this guy for money, he gave me 100gp, he had a yellow phat. i thought he was the king of scape how could he have 100gp.

Also question for bauke, how annoying was alching in classic since what you had in your inv was all your items no equip screen, I remember a few times alching items in that red transparent backgrounds, a few friends lost dmeds shortly after release due to that.

What class where you? i was a miner :)

i remember rs2 coming out someone said you can wear a platebody with guants now! so i took off my chainbody and ran to oziach faster than you can say lifewithoutbobthecanwasamazing.

and can anyone remember the slow moving vine random thing? before that annoyin dwarf. i cant i never got one i was eager to see it though!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Also question for bauke, how annoying was alching in classic since what you had in your inv was all your items no equip screen, I remember a few times alching items in that red transparent backgrounds, a few friends lost dmeds shortly after release due to that.

Heh, simple answer. My mage lvl was too low to high alch. Runes (and arrows) were all too expensive. I pretty much maged from what I got from the wizards around delrith. Not that much.

I only managed to reach around lvl 80 before RS2 came in. Mostly with fail skills. Only mining was fairly high (I was one of the few of my friends who could mine adamantite)

What class where you? i was a miner :)

Think I was an adventurer. Doesn't really matter since I died shortly after at the scorpions, lol. Later I turned myself into a miner. Having the constant need for money and mining being a good source of money back in the days, mining was by far my highest skill.

and can anyone remember the slow moving vine random thing? before that annoyin dwarf. i cant i never got one i was eager to see it though!

Never got one either. I think I took a break when randoms were introduced.

I made an "adventurer" character. Walked around for 15 minutes not having a clue what to do, thought that all the servers were different worlds and the maps were different.

Walked into the wizards tower. Died.

Fun day!

asrhasrh.jpg

I made an "adventurer" character. Walked around for 15 minutes not having a clue what to do, thought that all the servers were different worlds and the maps were different.

Walked into the wizards tower. Died.

Fun day!

I thought the worlds were differnet maps too, my friend asked come to this world to meet me, I was sat at my computer like "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" I'll probably log in and get pummeled by goblins, but I logged in and I thought, hey! this looks familiar.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

When I started playing RuneScape I kept on training on level 2 goblins and increasing attack. I got to level 15 attack when a "friend" told me that attack doesn't increase max damage, which was what I actually wanted. First death was not in wildy, and I'm kind of proud of that ::' , except..... I got killed by a level 10 dwarf. :oops:

I remember, back in January '07 which was a month after I started playing, I killed men at Al-Kharid to buy myself bronze! *sigh*

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

I spent a lot of time mining ore in al kharid and then using low alchemy to turn it into gold ore. Then I sold it to the General Shop, rinsed and repeated. . .

I did that until got 10k...took forever o_O Then my friend told me I could be turning them into certs and making loads of cash... :(

i dont get it?

how do you low alch ore into gold ore?

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

i dont get it?

how do you low alch ore into gold ore?

I could have sworn that for a while, when you used alchemy spells it turned them into gold and not GP. But maybe I'm mistaken. I remember alching something that I should've been certing. Perhaps it was the silver I was supposed to be certing, and I was alching other things.

It's been 5 years, cut me some slack please :-# Not all of us have astounding memories. '-' (EDIT: 5? 6? I forget that, too! It was before I started dating, so somewhere after 5 years, but probably below 6)

hzvjpwS.gif

I remember starting out Mining and Smithing, I would mine in Varrock, go down to Al Kharid, pay the toll to get into Lumby, smelt at the furnace there, pay the toll to go to Al Kharid, then go up to Varrock to smith. I didn't know about the furnace in Al Kharid or the road from Varrock to Lumby :oops:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

lol i remember i found some iron down in lumby and i thought i was the best player out there. I killed wizards for runes and bought a mith dagger which i thought was the best weapon ever untill i was given a 2h by a pker.

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I remember mining in the Dwarven mines, running to fally the long way to avoid the scorpions and smelting, then running back to the mines and to smith and sell them.

I also remember doing the quest Rune Mysteries... I thought I'd be tough by attacking a wizard near the tower...yeah, that didn't end too well. >_>

Kibbeh.png

99 Firemaking-Quest Cape-99 Cooking

Dragon Skirt x3, Dragon Legs x2, Dragon Med Helm x1, Black Mask x1