Has anybody noticed

holycannoli

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Just what we need... another F2P vs P2P argument.

Can't we all just face it that JaGex loves us all equally? <3:

if jagex love us all equally then why they don't let us complain and tell them the things that f2per like and dislike ? -.-

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Just what we need... another F2P vs P2P argument.

Can't we all just face it that JaGex loves us all equally? <3:

if jagex love us all equally then why they don't let us complain and tell them the things that f2per like and dislike ? -.-

Go ahead. Pay the 5$ in membership and complain on the Game Feedback forum and see how far that gets you.

If posting something on the RSOF makes you feel like you're being heard, more power to you. In reality, it's very hard to get your topic noticed in the RSOF without a hefty supporter list and a well thought out, concise argument. And even that doesn't guarantee anything.

They DO listen to the players though. Let me just edit this in before Jagex-lovers decide to go on a crusade. My only point that it takes quite a bit of work and time to get them to do so, even for members.

hzvjpwS.gif

P2p pay so Jagex focuses on them. If players give negative feedback about something Jagex won't change it because players don't like it, they'll change it because it potentially means members may quit. F2p doesn't have the same effect.

It's a business. True, i've never seen a game company as cold as Jagex, even to its paying members, but if you're f2p you can't really complain about anything.

You've never seen anyone as cold as Jagex...?! They just happen to donate to like 10 different charities, they have moved to a new office just to reduce their outlet of harmful gas and has been ranked one of the top 100 best companies in britain to work for. I believe it was in the top 15.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Sorry i didn't bother to read all the posts, but what i have to say is simple enough that it doesn't require it.

Customer service is for customers. If you want customer service, you have to be a customer. Being a customer requires purchasing goods or services. Free players are not customers. Free players should not get customer service.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

P2p pay so Jagex focuses on them. If players give negative feedback about something Jagex won't change it because players don't like it, they'll change it because it potentially means members may quit. F2p doesn't have the same effect.

It's a business. True, i've never seen a game company as cold as Jagex, even to its paying members, but if you're f2p you can't really complain about anything.

You've never seen anyone as cold as Jagex...?! They just happen to donate to like 10 different charities, they have moved to a new office just to reduce their outlet of harmful gas and has been ranked one of the top 100 best companies in britain to work for. I believe it was in the top 15.

To add onto that, if you think Jagex is a bad business, you've obviously never played Conquer Online. With them, you have buy 4 "dragonballs" in order for them to even LOOK at your account in the event it's stolen--that's about 75$ USD. And most of the time, even if you have bought dragonballs, they still won't look at it.

I always laugh when people pay 5 dollars a month, purposely break the rules, then whine that Jagex "sent them an automated message." At least Jagex responds to you.

hzvjpwS.gif

Ehm, you send in messages about scam sites through the official site? What's the point of that, you think jagex is going to block the site with their almighty interwebz powers?

They can, and often do. -.-

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

But if F2P players quit, then they lose potential money which is almost just as bad.

Potential money < Actual money

P2P will always have more power in relation to Jagex than F2P. F2P might pay, but P2P will.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

Jagex does have a slight appreciation for F2Pers because we could be potential P2Pers. I'm also guessing that over 95% of the updates that RS receives are through P2Pers, so once again, Jagex doesn't care that much about F2P.

That's absolutely right. Jagex doesn't care at all for F2Pers, it's the hard truth. They may pretend all the f2p updates are for their non-paying players, but in reality those updates are just there to get f2pers more interested in runescape, so that there is a higher chance they will become members. F2Pers are only potential P2Pers in jagex's eyes.

I dare anyone to question what I have just said... I'll prove you wrong.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Customer service is for customers. If you want customer service, you have to be a customer. Being a customer requires purchasing goods or services. Free players are not customers. Free players should not get customer service.

Best reply I've heard on this subject.

Although F2P CAN be considered customers if you look at the big picture. They DO generate more than 5% of Jagex's total income. It might not be a lot, but if that's true, shouldn't 5% of updates include f2p?

It doesn't matter if they don't care as much about F2P players. If I were CEO of Jagex I'd throw them a bone, but I wouldn't care a whole lot about their opinions because they aren't paying.

When an F2P player can't report a scam website, though? That's messed up.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

It doesn't matter if they don't care as much about F2P players. If I were CEO of Jagex I'd throw them a bone, but I wouldn't care a whole lot about their opinions because they aren't paying.

When an F2P player can't report a scam website, though? That's messed up.

Thats exactly what Jagex have been doing. F2P have been getting seasonal quest after quest, something unheard of not long ago. Jagex have been reaching out further and further to F2P to accept the hand of subscription, but most people dont realise.

As for the scam website part, I can tell you this - I have sent in about 2 or 3 reports concerning RWT websites when there was still the way of doing so. They sent an auto reply saying how they are half-grateful for your message, but they have their own people searching the web for these websites and taking action - and do not require our help. If that makes you feel better, that is all you would recieve nowadays too.

Tell me this, how can Jagex make a place for players (p2p or f2p) to submit anything, without hundreds of different complaints and suggestions flooding in?

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

Sorry i didn't bother to read all the posts, but what i have to say is simple enough that it doesn't require it.

hey you said something smart for once. high five?

but yea. look at it this way. if you are making cookies and someone wants to buy some, and someone else want a cookie to try as they might buy some later. who do you give cookie to?

Y_Z.png

Has anybody noticed.....that it's impossible for F2P users to give any feedback at all now? I wanted to report a website that imitates the RS homepage to steal passwords and I couldn't. I ended up submitting a bug report.

abuse [at] jagex [dot] com

It was last time I checked anyway.

Not a great thinker when it comes to business, eh?

F2P = Potential future customers.

If you mistreat/displease a future customer, then they won't want to do business with you = Loss of potential future profit.

Therefore Jagex DOES have to give to f2p, how much, is the big decision on what's too far or too little.

Therefore I believe they do deserve SOME customer service, however back to the way it used to be; P2P deals first, then f2p in spare time.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I go out in public and i sometimes would overhear conversations about people complaining about large organizations like government.....or best buy for example about how "oh (insert organization here) is (insert adjective here) and doesn't care about its people/customers"

I hear the same at my friend's house, but its about government

I go online to enjoy playing runescape and i get bored and decide to drop by runescape forums

guess what? i see the same type of complaining

can anyone tell me where i can go to escape this? :(

archsupportei2.png

I go out in public and i sometimes would overhear conversations about people complaining about large organizations like government.....or best buy for example about how "oh (insert organization here) is (insert adjective here) and doesn't care about its people/customers"

I hear the same at my friend's house, but its about government

I go online to enjoy playing runescape and i get bored and decide to drop by runescape forums

guess what? i see the same type of complaining

can anyone tell me where i can go to escape this? :(

Any video game without or with very limited other human interaction?

Ex. Console Games without using internet features, QuickChat worlds, board games :P

To add onto that, if you think Jagex is a bad business, you've obviously never played Conquer Online. With them, you have buy 4 "dragonballs" in order for them to even LOOK at your account in the event it's stolen--that's about 75$ USD. And most of the time, even if you have bought dragonballs, they still won't look at it.

I always laugh when people pay 5 dollars a month, purposely break the rules, then whine that Jagex "sent them an automated message." At least Jagex responds to you.

Never have and never will play that game then :o That's just sad.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

they actualy make money off f2p players via there advertising Just thought id throw that out there.

They use that money to pay for the free servers.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

they actualy make money off f2p players via there advertising Just thought id throw that out there.

They use that money to pay for the free servers.

That's probably true. From the 2008 figures that I can remember from the thread in the forum here, F2P generates about £2 million a year whereas P2P generates £30 million... who should get the most customer service?

It's not like there's much for P2P anyway. The forums are nothing to be jealous of and besides that there's nothing -.- Still, I think Jagex are a good company even if it's just for profit they do seem to care but imagine if there was a way to report a site on the front page for everybody? How many reports from whiny kids reporting their mates site because they fell out and he's trying to get him in trouble? It must be difficult as it is to deal with reports ingame :?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Jagex doesn't give a cabbage about us simply because we don't pay them any money.

Thats fair tbh.

Its a service, pay them and it gets better.

In all fairness they could just get rid of F2P altogether and just have P2P. Though they wouldn't because they make money of F2P advertising. Jagex is a business like any other, based around making money.

AvantGardeSignaturev3.png

Not a great thinker when it comes to business, eh?

F2P = Potential future customers.

If you mistreat/displease a future customer, then they won't want to do business with you = Loss of potential future profit.

Therefore Jagex DOES have to give to f2p, how much, is the big decision on what's too far or too little.

Therefore I believe they do deserve SOME customer service, however back to the way it used to be; P2P deals first, then f2p in spare time.

Not true. Jagex could be like other games, and offer a 1 week trial, after which you can pay or gtfo. By allowing continued unlimited play of the free version, they already go far beyond other games in terms of providing for people who do not pay to play their game. They neither HAVE to provide f2p customer support, or even f2p at all. In fact they would make much more money if they only provided a short free trial because it would force people who wanted to play, to pay to do so. I really don't see what there is to complain about. You have a free game to play. It may not have customer support, or frequent updates, but the only thing you pay, is your internet bill.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]