Feb 9 2009: The Future of Runescape

Omali

Everything sounds good. Hopefully this year will have a lot more good changes.

I'm reading the question and answer topic and some guy is posting reserves :roll: .

It's mostly all bring back wildy, staking, and free trade. AKA RWT, the death of RS.

EDIT

Rofl Some guy was a like "Plz don't make skills boring. We don't want things like mining, smithing, and crafting plox!!11"

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything sounds good. Hopefully this year will have a lot more good changes.

I'm reading the question and answer topic and some guy is posting reserves :roll: .

It's mostly all bring back wildy, staking, and free trade. AKA RWT, the death of RS.

EDIT

Rofl Some guy was a like "Plz don't make skills boring. We don't want things like mining, smithing, and crafting plox!!11"

Well that's true. If Jagex released firemaking tomorrow how would you react? "Awesome I can now build fires where ever I want?" Don't think so.

But I don't think that guy knows what he is talking about, since recent skills have all been (imo) enjoyable.

because i am just a little over 21 (30) I remember a movie that came out in 86 called Space Camp. A quote hit me as soon as I saw who wrote it.

Well whip me, beat me, take away my charge card! NASA'S talking to us!!!

How manny other games or for that matter company CEO's will alk to everyone that uses their products. I am pumped that a=the new CEO will take the time and talk with us. He will answer our questions and improve the game. I no longer feel that this company (jagex) is just trying to make money, but that they are trying to put out a quality product. I can't wait to see what will happen next.

snick5.png

that post was written for you to like it.

most of you fell for it. :D

That's very true. It occurred to me also that this may simply be propaganda by Jagex. Also remember that Jagex has no legal obligation to fulfill its agenda as stated in this post or any other in the future.

Since they're removing f2p video ads, does it mean those animated Flash ones at the top by the game screen? Because those were really annoying for slower computers due to their unplayable lag sometimes. :wall:

No, just the 10 second ones right when you log in, I think.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I would like to point out to people worried about events that their events will be different.

They will probably be less organized (not preset dates), and probably something that happens at random. At least that is how it has worked in other MMO's.

(For example, a mod comes and has super abilities and becomes a demon or something, and challenges all of the people around them, or something like that.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Good to know that the TET leaders put their own ego over the well being of the community as the reason for hosting the events. You guys don't care about the events being hosted, just as long as you can claim you hosted them.

Absolutely pathetic. If the TET goes under because of the Jagex events, it'll only be because they did them better, and all things considered with the attitude of the TET leaders, it can only be for the greater good.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

21. Jeez. They must hire 16 year olds for employees. *moves to Cambridge* :P

Nah 21 is fine. I like that he is very young; he can totally relate to us. I wouldn't want an old guy as CEO... he would probably screw up runescape terribly.

That was actually a very nice speech.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Nah 21 is fine. I like that he is very young; he can totally relate to us. I wouldn't want an old guy as CEO... he would probably screw up runescape terribly.

I don't think you got it. He says he is just a little over 21. Which is probably a joke understating his age. probably late 20's to mid 30's.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

What a reassuringly perceptive and eloquent man.

The future looks a little bit brighter.

That's just the oncoming train at the end of the tunnel.

I jest! I jest; this all sounds good. But, maybe, a little too good; to my eyes, it appears that he may just be doing this to appease the sheep like masses. But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. One, two, maybe three months to see any changes. Then, if there are some, I might get membership again.

I also understand why the TET team is miffed. It appears J mods, who have been notorious for being rarely seen, have been attending Tipit, and other site's events, for several months. And now they say they're doing their own events? This sounds, but may not actually be, like they've been observing fan site events with the express intention of stealing ideas. Until this is cleared up, I believe that is exactly what they were doing.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I don't think you got it. He says he is just a little over 21. Which is probably a joke understating his age. probably late 20's to mid 30's.

Ah well age doesn't matter... as long as he's not 50+.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

What a reassuringly perceptive and eloquent man.

The future looks a little bit brighter.

That's just the oncoming train at the end of the tunnel.

I jest! I jest; this all sounds good. But, maybe, a little too good; to my eyes, it appears that he may just be doing this to appease the sheep like masses. But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. One, two, maybe three months to see any changes. Then, if there are some, I might get membership again.

I also understand why the TET team is miffed. It appears J mods, who have been notorious for being rarely seen, have been attending Tipit, and other site's events, for several months. And now they say they're doing their own events? This sounds, but may not actually be, like they've been observing fan site events with the express intention of stealing ideas. Until this is cleared up, I believe that is exactly what they were doing.

That's the exact reason we're not happy. It's absolutely awesome that they are running their own events, and am glad that they are doing it. But having them come to your events for months before they announce this really does seem like they're just been learning/stealing ideas from us. While them learning from us would be an honor, the chance that they may have been getting ideas from us is what pisses us off.

Great post, except for that one little bit.

That's the exact reason we're not happy. It's absolutely awesome that they are running their own events, and am glad that they are doing it. But having them come to your events for months before they announce this really does seem like they're just been learning/stealing ideas from us. While them learning from us would be an honor, the chance that they may have been getting ideas from us is what pisses us off.

I'm fairly sure someone at Jagex can come up with ideas for community events without having to spy and "steal" your ideas! Ever thought that mods came to your events to show support for the community and bringing people together?

asrhasrh.jpg

I'm fairly sure someone at Jagex can come up with ideas for community events without having to spy and "steal" your ideas! Ever thought that mods came to your events to show support for the community and bringing people together?

Yeah, it has. But it's still possible that's not the reason they came. POSSIBILITY.

Yeah, it has. But it's still possible that's not the reason they came.

Thb, they could also have been invisible and you would never have seen them :P

Yeah, it has. But it's still possible that's not the reason they came.

Thb, they could also have been invisible and you would never have seen them :P

PLOT TWIST! DUN DUN DUN. That would have been cool =O

I think he is trying to please everyone which means he will only suceed in dissapointing people.

From a business point of view Runescape wasn't broken, it was making profit so other than a few little tweaks to existing content, development of new content and development of new technology nothing needs changing.

The guy is making no business sense by admitteding video adverts pay well and then abolishing them, only to give f2p more content. How is that content getting paid for without well paid adverts? Theres' a topic here which shows exactly how much revenue is generated through adverts, not a lot. Therefore the only business hope left is that f2p players become members but they are abolishing adverts for p2p too. That makes no sense.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The guy is making no business sense by admitteding video adverts pay well and then abolishing them, only to give f2p more content. How is that content getting paid for without well paid adverts? Theres' a topic here which shows exactly how much revenue is generated through adverts, not a lot. Therefore the only business hope left is that f2p players become members but they are abolishing adverts for p2p too. That makes no sense.

Why do all the big corporations always embrace the attitude of: "Money lets roll in the money bring in more money money money money..." Jagex whether in the previous years or after this post never struck me as that kind of company. Whatever happened to gaming companies producing a product that not only brought in Benjamins but actually had people rave about it and say it was simply "fun." I'm sure even with this supposedly radical (or attempts to "please everyone") approach Jagex will stay afloat and prosper just as they have for the past several years. Forgive me if I am using poor and rudimentary logic here but I just don't see a reason to worry so much :P...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Why do all the big corporations always embrace the attitude of: "Money lets roll in the money bring in more money money money money..." Jagex whether in the previous years or after this post never struck me as that kind of company. Whatever happened to gaming companies producing a product that not only brought in Benjamins but actually had people rave about it and say it was simply "fun." I'm sure even with this supposedly radical (or attempts to "please everyone") approach Jagex will stay afloat and prosper just as they have for the past several years. Forgive me if I am using poor and rudimentary logic here but I just don't see a reason to worry so much :P...

Niceness doesn't pay the bills. You need money for that. I applaud Jagex for actually giving there free users more. A stance I've recently changed due to the current economic crisis and the fact theres other games out there which offer similar gameplay and better graphics. However if I was CEO of Jagex my main goal would be to get f2p'rs to buy members. Advertising the pluses of members and making f2p'rs aware of what members has to offer is the best way to acheive that.

I remember going east from the Karamaja Volcano and getting to the Brimhaven gate and trying to get in. "Sorry this is a members only area" appeared. Same thing when I tried to enter Taverley. That made me want members so I could go there. Then there was the no adverts things, weekly updates, more bank space etc. etc. All of which spurred me to get members. If I didn't have to suffer adverts and annoying messages saying I couldn't do things then I'd probably still be f2p now.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

A side benefit of this is that we'll be releasing more content which will be a complete surprise to you, so keep your eyes peeled for updates!

Losing the BTS for the above will win for me anyday, + i like suprises :thumbsup:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!