Feb 9 2009: The Future of Runescape

Omali

He lies, they all lie, bla bla bla.

Hope staking comes back, I'll build another staker then.

:pray: Hope they do cater to us older than a teenager category...

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope staking comes back, I'll build another staker then..

It's not gonna happen though. Its too easy for RWT even if you have to have an equivalent stake. e.g Cheater545 buys 10m gp online from RS gold website. Cheater545 goes to duel arena and fights Rogji564565. Both put up a stake of 10m. Rogji564565 purposely loses by either not eating or wearing no armour/weapons. Cheater545 doubles his money to 20m.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hope staking comes back, I'll build another staker then..

It's not gonna happen though. Its too easy for RWT even if you have to have an equivalent stake. e.g Cheater545 buys 10m gp online from RS gold website. Cheater545 goes to duel arena and fights Rogji564565. Both put up a stake of 10m. Rogji564565 purposely loses by either not eating or wearing no armour/weapons. Cheater545 doubles his money to 20m.

Meh, it worked fine 5 years ago. But also, I don't care, I just play the game an live with what happens. -.-

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

It finally looks like Runescape is reverting back into its former glory here, which really isn't a bad thing. I think it is about time somebody brings the game back to the roots and making the game feel good, instead of the rough game it has become. Can't wait to see what the new JaGex CEO is like, and how much better the game will become, or utterly fail.

Ryxorz.png

Ryxorz.png

I say adult servers. Full blood and gore and pixelated sex.Be like Second Life.

I vote blood and gore :thumbsup: *dragon axe spec decapitates your opponent*

I would like to point out the similarities between this apology for the past leadership (or "administration" if you will) by a new CEO and how things will change on RS...

...and the apologies made by USA's current President for the previous administration and what will be changing from now on.

I don't know. I laughed a little when I saw the (nonrealistic) correlation. Thought others might too.

Was there a tiny voice in your head saying "yes we can!" as well? :lol:

I like this guy, I hope he does make RuneScape better.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Oh it'll never be the same as it used to be, we just have to accept it.

Basically RuneScape has out-grown itself and there are too many players for Jagex to ever have the communication with the players that they used to have.

He should bring Classic back...

This sounds incredible! :thumbsup: And he's only 21...

I'm going to stab the next person who says this.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

That's the exact reason we're not happy. It's absolutely awesome that they are running their own events, and am glad that they are doing it. But having them come to your events for months before they announce this really does seem like they're just been learning/stealing ideas from us. While them learning from us would be an honor, the chance that they may have been getting ideas from us is what pisses us off.

Great post, except for that one little bit.

I'm fairly sure someone at Jagex can come up with ideas for community events without having to spy and "steal" your ideas! Ever thought that mods came to your events to show support for the community and bringing people together?

Yeah, it has. But it's still possible that's not the reason they came. POSSIBILITY.

Look man, I am sure they are not STEALING TET ideas. They have been attending your events in order to see how you guys work in action! They want to see what to expect when they host events. They wanted to see how players act. Like someone said, they could have just watched from the shadows easily and you would have never even noticed. But they graced the events with their presence, which only further increases TET and RHQET's reputation!

Look, I'm sure they were not stealing ideas. To be honest, I would not pay someone to throw a dance party or find-me. I'm sure they are going to be having dueling tourneys and PKing events, or raids on boss monsters. Or maybe just a random fun idea.

Plus guys, I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but all the events you guys do today? You got the idea from a past team member years back down the line. Sure, you might attach a unique story to it, but it's still the same event. It's not like TET or RHQET have a monopoly on having fun in Runescape. Jagex has always been watching the OoC and their attempts to spice up Runescape life for years. When we found out Jmods had been stalking us for months and that Cambridge has a printout of the OoC picking cabbage on which Andrew had scribbled "THIS IS WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT" for the office to see, we were excited. They never told us they were even watching, to be honest. And look what came out of it. You know that cabbage-port that everyone is so fond of? All ours, baby!

Which, by the way, is why the TET should be thrilled. Jagex might implement game changes and features that make hosting events EASIER and BETTER. By having their own ingame events (which by the way nearly every MMO has, but us) other groups might benefit from the framework these events provide. If you get on Jagex' good side, what's stopping a community relations mod from saying "And if you had fun today, check out suchandsuch tomorrow!" What if players who casually visit Tip.It decide they haven't had enough fun and now want to check out their very first TET event?

To be honest, having been in the TET for three years, I'm thrilled about this. It's about damn time. I think you guys should be excited, too, because the potential for having a greater audience is there now. Jagex is hardly stealing ideas, they are making life more fun for all of the players. I wouldn't be surprised if they had people reading these forums looking at event times so they could plan their events around ours and other event groups.

So get over yourselves! By being in the TET you should respect that your job is to make players have fun and enjoy Runescape. And if another team comes out, the more the merrier. Did we sit behind closed doors and complain about other groups like RHQET or H1P? No, we didn't. We planned exciting events and we carried them out. Because at the end of the day, it's all about fun. Bringing out the fun. Sound familiar?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

This sounds incredible! :thumbsup: And he's only 21...

I'm going to stab the next person who says this.

people can be so trusting ;)

I thought it was weird that Jagex are getting rid of video ads, must show how much money they're making that they don't care to lose income.

And finally the age-old question has been solved! (see siggy) \'

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Frankly, I was thrilled. I'm here right now to show you all that you have misunderstood my team mates.

I for one agree, and I don't mind Jagex making an event team. I believe it is part of our job to inspire people to open their minds to creativity, event if it means Jagex mods. I would be very happy if there were more events hosted by the community. How could we possibly mind that?

There are some things you must understand. Some of you posted saying that we should get over it, and not just think about our ego. Forget our ego. That's not what we're here for. We are here for the community. We don't this for fame. None of us care about fame, or ego, or anything like that. We do what we do just to make people happy. If a person comes to a TET event, and they have fun, we're happy. It's the only motivation we need to continue doing our jobs.

We never said Jagex is stealing our ideas. As Barihawk said, most of the events we do today aren't really our ideas. We're just using someones ideas. Someone came before us, and we're just using what they did. The reason why you see upset TET members is that we were told that the mods came to have some fun. When you find out you've been used for research, without being told so, it doesn't really make you happy. If they had told us they want to see the way we work, sure, we wouldn't have minded. Some of us still don't mind. But try and understand how we felt when we read that update.

TET was formed in August 2004. It was probably the first organized team to make events on a regular basis. A huge number of people have gone through TET, and worked with us. The amount of work, effort and time that has been invested in TET through the years is huge. We certainly have some pride. Those of you that choose to flame us, please be aware that you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think that after all this time and work, we feel great about being used, then I dare you to have the same opinion in our situation.

I don't ask of you to agree with us. I'm just asking that you don't flame us. I really think we don't deserve that. We get nothing in return for our work. And believe me, it is work.

Thanks to Barihawk for showing us all the bright perspective. I'm sure we can all agree with him.

I'll finish up with our moto. Bring on the fun!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Need a countdown? Don't know where to find one? http://www.pending.me.uk/

Retired TET leader.

He is saying everything about nothing.

The only reason the CEO wrote the letter is to hide the fact that there are no real content updates this week.

Wrong, there will be an update this week.

Quick find code: 13-14-607-58364526 Second post.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I read the newspost yesterday after penguin hunting.

I was excited about how their new style would work.

I went and posted a question how their new event thing was going to work, because i found it interesting.

I then come here and read these posts, and I feel dissapointed.

Nobody in TET has posted saying Jagex are stealing "Event Hosting" from us.

Someone implied that we were mad at Jagex for stealing "event hosting".

Suddenly we start getting flamed because a person who isnt even in TET posts that?

Telling us how fame and our ego drive us on, that hurt me hard.

I cant even believe someone would say that to us, let alone someone from the tip.it community.

To all the TET people who are attacking Jagex over community events.... Get the hell over it. You're not that special. It's their game and they can do what they want. Also it's slightly bigheaded to think that they "stole" the idea of events off you.

That is where it all started. Nobody in TET thought they stole the idea of hosting events.

This turned into this:

Am I the only one incredibly disappointed?

- No update today :?

- I think he's feeding us crap through a straw.

- None of his ideas please me at all.... :|

Yet more sour grapes from the TET members?

Look, we get it. You feel that someone has stolen your grand idea of hosting in-game events (as if nobody had ever done that kind of thing before you).

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

What did you say? We feel like someone has stolen our grand idea of hosting in-game events?

Could you please link me to where a TET member said that?

It didnt stop there though:

Good to know that the TET leaders put their own ego over the well being of the community as the reason for hosting the events. You guys don't care about the events being hosted, just as long as you can claim you hosted them.

Absolutely pathetic. If the TET goes under because of the Jagex events, it'll only be because they did them better, and all things considered with the attitude of the TET leaders, it can only be for the greater good.

I put my what, where? :-k

Our moto is bring on the fun, not bring on the fame.

I have no idea where you are getting this from, but im in absolute shock right now.

We are slightly annoyed about beeing observed without even beeing told it was for research, but im more annoyed about how me and my fellow team members are beeing treated here for something we didnt even say.

Removal of BTS?

That's the only bad thing about the post, the rest of it is AWESOME!!!

I can't agree more. Great work Jagex, like almost always :thumbsup:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Frankly, it's upsetting to see people flaming TET...

We're all in a community, whatever field of the forum you're in...whether Music or events...

Each and every team member in the forum tries their best to supply goods to the tifer...whatever field. In our case, we plan fun activities for you to enjoy and take a break from each and every week.

To be flamed like that is just upsetting, and really puts us down...we're just upset how they used us for research without coming straight out.

Community is just a title without the community within it...please treat everyone as you'd like to be treated.

Thanks.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Mark joined Jagex in February 2008 from GTECH where he served as the Principle Security Architect for the National Lottery. He has held numerous executive positions and has over 14 years experience working in the technology sector.Having the opportunity to build on Jagex's phenomenal success is a great privilege and I'm honored by the boards endorsement, said Mark Gerhard.I fully intend to build value for Jagex, our players and our great staff.

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/438 ... VE-OFFICER

Additional info:

http://markgerhard.com/ :thumbsup:

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

[hide=Quote wall!]

That's the exact reason we're not happy. It's absolutely awesome that they are running their own events, and am glad that they are doing it. But having them come to your events for months before they announce this really does seem like they're just been learning/stealing ideas from us. While them learning from us would be an honor, the chance that they may have been getting ideas from us is what pisses us off.

Great post, except for that one little bit.

I'm fairly sure someone at Jagex can come up with ideas for community events without having to spy and "steal" your ideas! Ever thought that mods came to your events to show support for the community and bringing people together?

Yeah, it has. But it's still possible that's not the reason they came. POSSIBILITY.

Look man, I am sure they are not STEALING TET ideas. They have been attending your events in order to see how you guys work in action! They want to see what to expect when they host events. They wanted to see how players act. Like someone said, they could have just watched from the shadows easily and you would have never even noticed. But they graced the events with their presence, which only further increases TET and RHQET's reputation!

Look, I'm sure they were not stealing ideas. To be honest, I would not pay someone to throw a dance party or find-me. I'm sure they are going to be having dueling tourneys and PKing events, or raids on boss monsters. Or maybe just a random fun idea.

Plus guys, I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but all the events you guys do today? You got the idea from a past team member years back down the line. Sure, you might attach a unique story to it, but it's still the same event. It's not like TET or RHQET have a monopoly on having fun in Runescape. Jagex has always been watching the OoC and their attempts to spice up Runescape life for years. When we found out Jmods had been stalking us for months and that Cambridge has a printout of the OoC picking cabbage on which Andrew had scribbled "THIS IS WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT" for the office to see, we were excited. They never told us they were even watching, to be honest. And look what came out of it. You know that cabbage-port that everyone is so fond of? All ours, baby!

Which, by the way, is why the TET should be thrilled. Jagex might implement game changes and features that make hosting events EASIER and BETTER. By having their own ingame events (which by the way nearly every MMO has, but us) other groups might benefit from the framework these events provide. If you get on Jagex' good side, what's stopping a community relations mod from saying "And if you had fun today, check out suchandsuch tomorrow!" What if players who casually visit Tip.It decide they haven't had enough fun and now want to check out their very first TET event?

To be honest, having been in the TET for three years, I'm thrilled about this. It's about damn time. I think you guys should be excited, too, because the potential for having a greater audience is there now. Jagex is hardly stealing ideas, they are making life more fun for all of the players. I wouldn't be surprised if they had people reading these forums looking at event times so they could plan their events around ours and other event groups.

So get over yourselves! By being in the TET you should respect that your job is to make players have fun and enjoy Runescape. And if another team comes out, the more the merrier. Did we sit behind closed doors and complain about other groups like RHQET or H1P? No, we didn't. We planned exciting events and we carried them out. Because at the end of the day, it's all about fun. Bringing out the fun. Sound familiar?

[/hide]

Thanks Bari, you made me see it in a different light. ILY!

And to all the flamers, I admit at least I over reacted slightly, but come on. seriously? We're here for you guys!

[hide=]

I read the newspost yesterday after penguin hunting.

I was excited about how their new style would work.

I went and posted a question how their new event thing was going to work, because i found it interesting.

I then come here and read these posts, and I feel dissapointed.

Nobody in TET has posted saying Jagex are stealing "Event Hosting" from us.

Someone implied that we were mad at Jagex for stealing "event hosting".

Suddenly we start getting flamed because a person who isnt even in TET posts that?

Telling us how fame and our ego drive us on, that hurt me hard.

I cant even believe someone would say that to us, let alone someone from the tip.it community.

To all the TET people who are attacking Jagex over community events.... Get the hell over it. You're not that special. It's their game and they can do what they want. Also it's slightly bigheaded to think that they "stole" the idea of events off you.

That is where it all started. Nobody in TET thought they stole the idea of hosting events.

[/hide]

I was going off these two posts:

[hide=]

Personally, just a little peeved off at this comment:

"We are also committed to working with our fans in the RuneScape community to make the game a more enjoyable place to be. We will be running community events, tournaments and JMod participation in-game to provide more support to you and make RuneScape an even better place to be."

Now if that means they are directly competing with the TET, well I'm just not fine with that. While this is a competitive field (event hosting (really it is)) it's still almost a stab in the heart. JMods have been coming to events. Is this because they want to join in on the fun or they were taking notes.

I've already sent in my inquiry. We'll see...

[/hide]

[hide=]

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED. they come to our events, watch us host our events, then use that knowledge to do their own events, without even giving us (or rhq, they did go to one or two of their events as well) any sort of credit at all? PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED.
[/hide]

To me they imply that Jagex were taking ideas from you.

I didn't mean to "flame" you or whatever. Personally if you feel that have been taking ideas then you should feel honoured that they've spent time to do so.

Jagex coulf easily put out some half-arsed community events that would be terrible. Perhaps they've been looking at different styles of events etc?

asrhasrh.jpg

Its not the idea part that agitated me, its the fact that people say event hosting wasnt our invention.

Of course its not, everyone knows that. None of us in TET believe we invented event hosting.

Orison's post about it was what set me off the most. :?