Feb 9 2009: The Future of Runescape

Omali

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol every other post on the rsof thread is about bringing back the wilderness.

So much for grudging acceptance of a permanent decision...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

No one read that post on the second page about Mark? (or at least the people saying that he's 21?)

mod_mmg.jpg

"Mark joined Jagex in February 2008 from GTECH where he served as the Principle Security Architect for the National Lottery. He has held numerous executive positions and has over 14 years experience working in the technology sector."

I do not believe that anything like that was said or even hinted at 3hitU.

They are simply going to start developing that as well as P2P as the f2p version is what prompts players to pay. I like you but sometimes you are way too dramatic, friend.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Heh, I did not expect Mod MMG to make such a lengthy post. Interesting stuff though. I feel happy that they may be fixing some of the "you need to be members to do this" stuff. I am a member, but when I was f2p, that was so annoying. They might just remove the option to do certain things on F2p worlds (pickpocket, chop canoe station, jump fence) which would be pretty awesome.

Remove the kiddy stuff. Cool ;) That will cetainly be interesting, although I hope they do not sacrifice any of the humor in the game while doing so.

Oh and no BTS. I am not sure whether I hate it (no warning of what I should prepare for) or Love it (SURPRISE!!!)

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Unlike alot of people, i actually believe that he is just over 21.

Why not? Hell, didn't gower start RS when he was 16/18 (not sure which) , so that was around 7 years ago (ish) , so at most, gower was only 25. 21 is the new 25, haven't you heard?

I like this guy.

Poor MMG, look at all the noobs in RSOF asking stupid questions, and he has promised to answer them all. Oouch.

He said some, not all. <3:

X_kaylin_X.png

If they start making the game a more mature, or darker themed setting, and in the coming months they improve some of the god-awful content or update stuff, then I'll be in love with this new CEO.

However Jagex needs to incorporate FanSites more than they are now.

Amazing way for him to start off, I was laughing when I read the title, but was in awe by the end of it

I actually like BTS being gone, everyone kept overspeculating the updates. They wanted them fast, so Jagex was forced to rush to please the players, but it ended up being a flop

Personally, i'm fine with f2p getting their updates. Members will still get their fair share, and f2p will be getting much needed updates.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Lol looking through and saw evil mum ra

"Hey Mark,

Would this be the reason you have been following around fansite event teams? In an effort to steal our thunder persay? To create your own events in competition to ours, even though we were first? That is honestly what it seems like to me. I'm not particularly as upset about this as some of my other team members that I lead are, but generally we view it as competition, and not the good kind. You may have had fun at our events, and I'm not going to deny anyone access to our events, but can you please clarify that this is not the reason you have been following us for a good month now? This really is a concern of our team members. While I do hope that you guys all learned what you needed to learn while following us and other fansite event teams, I also hope that you do things your own way, and do not follow our exact pattern to hosting events. We pride ourselves on it's event quality, and quantity, and we don't particularly like to feel like we were researched for your gain. As leader of this events team (along with 3 other people), I feel obligated to ask you this.

thanks for listening,

evil_mumm_ra "

Also, where is a answer page with some answers/questions. Just wondering

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

To all the TET people who are attacking Jagex over community events.... Get the hell over it. You're not that special. It's their game and they can do what they want. Also it's slightly bigheaded to think that they "stole" the idea of events off you.

Besides they're likely to be overrun with RSOF noobs screaming "free money pl0x" at any mod there.

asrhasrh.jpg

No one read that post on the second page about Mark? (or at least the people saying that he's 21?)

mod_mmg.jpg

"Mark joined Jagex in February 2008 from GTECH where he served as the Principle Security Architect for the National Lottery. He has held numerous executive positions and has over 14 years experience working in the technology sector."

then its obvious that he started working in the technology sector at age 7

160vy.png

Let's bet how long it takes before everyone is back to whining again. I think it'll take a month max.

And about him: he's quite a lot older then 21, someone posted a quote from Andrew on this topic.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

You would think that TET and other eventing groups/clans would be wrapped that jagex would incorporate their ideas into actual game material but no, the old I saw it first, its my stick attitude must come into play, sad.

The no BTS will be a bit of a disappointment, but its the way it was for so long, Im sure we will get used to it again, and be surprised even more each week when new content gets delivered.

I give Mark a 8/10 on his opening move more or less depending on his next actions :)

mod_mmg.jpg

then its obvious that he started working in the technology sector at age 7

On the RSOF, no one reads much of anything.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3