10-Feb-2009 Soul Wars Minigame

Toad

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I'm really disappointed with this minigame.

I think they need to impliment a team-splitting mechanism similar to what they have in SC - this way, one team doesn't completely over-power the other.

Now, I'm definently not a sore loser. If I'm fighting against someone 1-on-1, they clearly have the upperhand, and I die, I won't complain. But this minigame is totally unfair. The team with more lower-level players doesn't even stand a chance. The more powerful team instantly takes control of the obelisk, and it pretty much stays that way for the rest of the game.

Our team (blue) wasn't even really bothering to try and take over the obelisk after a certain point...

Pl0x fix nao.

(I do like the 4.2K HP exp per point though :D)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new or interesting equipment + a boring game + rewards that arent "worth it" = a short lived mini game.

How can you decide that so quickly? Every new thing takes some time to get used to.

Thats the reason its boring. There is no time needed to get used to it. Theres really no strategy at all. The stronger team will take the middle and hold it every game, making it impossible to even have the other team compete. If you pick the wrong team, theres nothing you can do to even participate in the objective of the game. In castle wars, you could definitely get the flag captured by using cades and other strategies, even if the sheer man power of your team didnt match the other team. Here you just lose and CANT even participate in the objective if your team is being overpowered.

If you want mindless fighting, this game is for you.

I admit I hadn't tried the game before I posted. I did now and I actually agree now, but I'll come back in a few weeks, maybe it's better then. (Not a kazilion players at the same time.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I found the new mini game to be quite boring in only the second game I played. I agree with the above poster, I think it needs something similar to Stealing Creation to keep teams fair. I also think the way Zeal is earned needs to be different cause I think the way it currently works is 1 kill of the boss = 1 zeal.

xxteargodxx.png

No new or interesting equipment + a boring game + rewards that arent "worth it" = a short lived mini game.

How can you decide that so quickly? Every new thing takes some time to get used to.

Thats the reason its boring. There is no time needed to get used to it. Theres really no strategy at all. The stronger team will take the middle and hold it every game, making it impossible to even have the other team compete. If you pick the wrong team, theres nothing you can do to even participate in the objective of the game. In castle wars, you could definitely get the flag captured by using cades and other strategies, even if the sheer man power of your team didnt match the other team. Here you just lose and CANT even participate in the objective if your team is being overpowered.

If you want mindless fighting, this game is for you.

Amen. If the enemy holds the obelisk, getting fragments is pointless and attacking the enemy avatar impossible. The only things left to do are defend your avatar or kill random people. You may be able to mitigate how badly you lose, but there's no hope of victory. Now that I've got 5 zeal for a crawling hand pet, I'll be sticking to SC or PC for my minigame fix.

frigginacky.png

Does the slayer helmet or black mask have any use in this game?

Not that I know of.

I guess hype from this new minigame made it rise a little bit. I expected this to happen, so I bought one last night for merchanting reasons.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Since you are not assigned to kill either of these monsters, why would you think there would be?

Though slayers exp for killing other people would be pretty funny. :thumbsup:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Since you are not assigned to kill either of these monsters, why would you think there would be?

talk about new max hits... 'Your next task is to kill 199 humans." grab a pair of claws and let's go :mrgreen:

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

talk about new max hits... 'Your next task is to kill 199 humans." grab a pair of claws and let's go :mrgreen:

Lookout or someone's gonna take my AGS upside their head.

I think the requirements for the pets are fair. First off, you have to have the slayer level to kill the monster whose head you want, and second, you have to get lucky enough to get a drop. The Abyssal head is much rarer than a whip.

Third, you have to spend a minimum of 9 hours or a maximum of 28 hours in order to get 85 points. It's pretty fair.

damn you make this game sound so gay now.

Maybe we can all agree that all the whining, complaining, and kvetching done between everyone over a game that wasn't even released was all done for and over nothing?

Crybaby level 99 slayers. :cry:

Shame on you. You shouldn't make fun out of that guy; he's disabled.

Instead of making fun out of him, why don't you give him a free handout instead?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Was it just me or was the Tutorial guy slightly odd XD

Anyway after giving the game a couple of goes it's okay... nothing amazing but when the hype dies down it might become more tactics related rather than just the masses that it is right now.

And I find all the hand jokes pretty funny :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].