10-Feb-2009 Soul Wars Minigame

Toad

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

10th February 2009 - Soul Wars

A mystical portal has opened in Edgeville, leading to the lands beyond Tirannwns western shore. Any players who venture through will find themselves at the site of Soul Wars - a new, members-only minigame involving fierce combat, territory control and your Slayer skills!

If youve played Castle Wars you will be on familiar ground with Soul Wars. Like Castle Wars its a quick, fun, team game that you can play on any serverbut its three times the size! Soul Wars is also a safe game, so you dont have to worry about losing any of your favourite gear.

Once you enter the Soul Wars area you will meet Nomad, who controls the battlefield with his unfortunate minion Zimberfizz. He will show you the workings of the Soul Obelisk, how the giant avatars function, and the basics of territorial domination. Being something of an adventurer, Nomad is prepared to give rewards to players who get involved: sharing his charm collection, offering combat and Slayer training, and even bringing back the souls of Slayer creatures you may have found on your travels.

Mod Rathe and Mod Chris L

RuneScape Developers

---------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

Where to start Soul Wars: Enter the portal in Edgeville and speak to Nomad.

Requirements: None, but decent combat levels and Slayer are recommended!

---------------------------------------------------------

In other news

You can now collect sand from Bert at the same time every day. The 24-hour restriction has been shortened slightly so you won't have to go later each time

The rewards for the Seers Village Achievement Diary have been tweaked and increased; for details, please read the original article.

The hard reward for the Karamja Achievement Diary will now grant free access (when worn) to the Brimhaven Dungeon.

Additions have been made to Quick Chat that should make it easier for players to converse with Player Moderators, and ask any questions they may have.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, no specific details on how the game works in the news post... now I must wait till I get home to really see how good this game is I guess :(

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Seer's rewards seem to still be the same:

Taken from the KB

Seers' headband When worn:

Chance of producing more arrows than normal when fletching

Talk to Geoffery in the flax field to claim 30 free flax per day

Experience lamp - 1,000 experience in the skill of your choice

Upgraded Seers' headband In addition to the easy tasks' reward, when worn:

Bonus 10 experience when cutting maple trees

Talk to Geoffery in the flax field to claim 60 free flax per day

Extra log given when cutting normal trees

Experience lamp - 5,000 experience in the skill of your choice

Upgraded seers' headband In addition to the easy and medium tasks' reward, when worn:

Significant increase in speed when using the spinning wheel in Seers' Village

Lady of the Lake will offer to enhance Excalibur, boosting its stats and the effect of its special attack

Talk to Geoffery in the flax field to claim 120 free flax per day

Experience lamp - 10,000 experience in the skill of your choice

Am I missing something?

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

New way of getting charms sounds nice :) They said last week that the Slayer experience reward won't match the xp gained on tasks, so no worries there, yet :P Bringing back the souls of slayer creatures definately sounds interesting, maybe new monsters to be assigned from current slayer masters, after unlocking them in the minigame :)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Ooh, the new pets sound cool. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

The creeping hand pet eats leather gloves....

how does it eat them? :ohnoes:

Puts them on and absorbs them through the skin?

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Less than a week ago I reached 99 slayer and now they introduce a way to obtain slayer exp that seems much more fun. I truly hope that the exp rates are much lower than average slayer tasks, or I'll soon get responses from people '99 slayer means nothing no more, you just got it by using the minigame' :(

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

Rewards

You will receive a number of 'zeal points' based on your performance in Soul Wars, at the rate of 3 points for a victory, 2 for a draw, and 1 for a defeat. You can trade these in with Nomad for a variety of rewards:

* Experience

You can claim experience in Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints, Ranged, Magic, Prayer or Slayer. One zeal point is worth a set amount of experience depending on your level in that skill.

* Charms

Charms of any colour are available, the number you can claim depends on your combat skills' levels.

* Other

Most options here are new Slayer pets, resurrected from remains you bring along. If you bring a stuffed or unstuffed trophy of a crawling hand, cockatrice, basilisk, kurask or abyssal demon, Nomad will then supply you with a pet of that type. See Summoning - Pets for more information. You can also purchase a 'gamble'. The gamble option will grant you a random reward - there is a wide range of possible rewards, but you'll never know just what you're going to get.

So receiving say Abyssal head will mean Abyssal Demon Familiars?

2eprbpj.png

Less than a week ago I reached 99 slayer and now they introduce a way to obtain slayer exp that seems much more fun. I truly hope that the exp rates are much lower than average slayer tasks, or I'll soon get responses from people '99 slayer means nothing no more, you just got it by using the minigame' :(

You shouldn't care what people will say. If this mini game is fun, just play it. I know I will. There will always be nay-sayers who will rightfully say that new methods of training are faster than previous ones, but that's how the game evolves. I don't care if you cooked your 99 by clicking every fish, what matters is where you stand now and how YOU feel about it.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563