10-Feb-2009 Soul Wars Minigame

Toad

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic. I am on a server right now where the blue team is the only team that can capture territory. Even when the red team goes into empty territory, the progress bar goes up as if we were the blue team.

Quality assurance at its finest.

The bug was there when I played too, the obelisk remained under red control while half the blue team as there with no reds.

Buggy but otherwise good imo.

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

You Just Lost The Game

Game itself is mainly ok, I just hate the capturing part, because a higher-level team can just run back from spawn when (or rather if) they die and completely control the obelisk because a lower-level team can not fight back at all.

Also, this minigame is like Gop on release again, the games are almost biased because every single high level decides to enter the other team leaving the lower-levels on other team.

I'm really dissappointed, mainly because I wanted so much from this game and my experience was far from filling my hopes. :(

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

No new or interesting equipment + a boring game + rewards that arent "worth it" = a short lived mini game.

How can you decide that so quickly? Every new thing takes some time to get used to.

Thats the reason its boring. There is no time needed to get used to it. Theres really no strategy at all. The stronger team will take the middle and hold it every game, making it impossible to even have the other team compete. If you pick the wrong team, theres nothing you can do to even participate in the objective of the game. In castle wars, you could definitely get the flag captured by using cades and other strategies, even if the sheer man power of your team didnt match the other team. Here you just lose and CANT even participate in the objective if your team is being overpowered.

If you want mindless fighting, this game is for you.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

No new or interesting equipment + a boring game + rewards that arent "worth it" = a short lived mini game.

How can you decide that so quickly? Every new thing takes some time to get used to.

Thats the reason its boring. There is no time needed to get used to it. Theres really no strategy at all. The stronger team will take the middle and hold it every game, making it impossible to even have the other team compete. If you pick the wrong team, theres nothing you can do to even participate in the objective of the game. In castle wars, you could definitely get the flag captured by using cades and other strategies, even if the sheer man power of your team didnt match the other team. Here you just lose and CANT even participate in the objective if your team is being overpowered.

If you want mindless fighting, this game is for you.

Everything what I think about this game in a nutshell put out better than I did. =D>

Team balance is what this game needs the most desperately.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

The game is alright, I think it will be more fun once more people with a higher variation in levels start playing, right now it is being dominated by 125+ players. The rewards don't seem too great, although the gamble could prove worthwhile. The three gambles I did were certainly not good; some kyatt furs, unicorn horns, and wolf bones. However, while I was there, someone gamble and got 250ish dragon bones.

The game is alright, I think it will be more fun once more people with a higher variation in levels start playing, right now it is being dominated by 125+ players. The rewards don't seem too great, although the gamble could prove worthwhile. The three gambles I did were certainly not good; some kyatt furs, unicorn horns, and wolf bones. However, while I was there, someone gamble and got 250ish dragon bones.

can i get some numbers?

sigsn9.jpg

this game is horrific and abysmal in equal measure.

once the obelisk gets taken, it pretty much stays that colour for the rest of the game.

The team with the highest combat completely crushes the opponent, leaving them no chance.

I see two slayer monsters, jellys and pyrefeinds. anybody tell me where the others are hiding?

the reward system is rather stupid.

to breifly sum my hour long experience of this minigame, I hate it.

2Xeo5.png

can i get some numbers?

4 kyatt furs

22 unicorn horns

49 wolf bones

pretty much garbage

Not played it. Not likely to be playing it soon either but it seems decent enough for a minigame.

The fact it isn't the best way to train slayer/summoning pleases me no end.

Slayer needs to stay the most respected skill.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The new slayer headband is epic, and it sounds like the new piece of headwear to wear when hunting the mole?

What new headband is this? :o

AHHH *facepalm* I meant Seers headband... >.>

And here's what I've gotten in 5 gambles

-60 big bones

-7 carved evil turnip

-22 unicorn horns

-23 wolf bones

-9 larupia furs

Love gambles for slayer summoning. Slayer is infecting my mind today! :wall:

Pathetic. I am on a server right now where the blue team is the only team that can capture territory. Even when the red team goes into empty territory, the progress bar goes up as if we were the blue team.

Quality assurance at its finest.

This actually happened to me at w91. I think it has something to do with how slow it marks the progress of a certain team...Because we had cleared ALL the white dots on the obelisk, but it wouldn't mark possession for the Red Team. >_<''

hzvjpwS.gif

[hide=]
Further west than the Elven lands?

Is this on the map?

Yup :o

soulwarsyl7.png[/hide]

I'm not hearing much good about this game, but I'll test it myself when I get member again. In the meantime...

Yay lands due west of Tirannwn! ::'

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Screw lands west of Tirannwn. Finish Tirannwn. Jagex seriously created this cluster*bleep* of a game before releasing the rest of Elven lands? I pray this new guy in charge is just dumping the rest of the crap left over from the old person in charge before moving on in this new direction they're talking about.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Why is there no kbd pet :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

:x :x

Because no-one would choose the dragon pet as their follower then?

OT: seems fun, i don't care about rewards ^^

Make it a 99 summoning req then, easy.

That brings up a point I wanted to make, I know this is a slayer game and they didn't want to make new Summoning Requirements for anything, but all these new pets only require 4 Summoning to have them?

I mean they should at least have to have an equal Summoning to Slayer lvl to get them. i.e. 5 Summoning for Hand, 25 for Cockatrice, 40 for Basilisk, etc.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

A 99 summoning and 99 slayer requirement. :o

Drinkablity.png

I think the requirements for the pets are fair. First off, you have to have the slayer level to kill the monster whose head you want, and second, you have to get lucky enough to get a drop. The Abyssal head is much rarer than a whip.

Third, you have to spend a minimum of 9 hours or a maximum of 28 hours in order to get 85 points. It's pretty fair.

td2sig.jpg