10-Feb-2009 Soul Wars Minigame

Toad

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only went to demons on tasks, I'll pull up how many since 90, had one head since 90-99, went back this afternoon after update 3 kills in Dragon med I hate those things 6056 Abby demons from 90-99 slayer, 1 head :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I only went to demons on tasks, I'll pull up how many since 90, had one head since 90-99, went back this afternoon after update 3 kills in Dragon med I hate those things 6056 Abby demons from 90-99 slayer, 1 head :P

I only kill on tasks to..one time I had whip, 3 heads, whip (not in 1 task)

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

If it can lure people away from actual slayer monsters, that will be a huge plus for any hardcore slayer.

I like the way you think :twss:

As long as it does not increase the speed of training slayer, I think this minigame is just fine.

Does any one know about any practical uses for these pets? I have an abyssal head, and low construction, with no intention of raising it.

What exactly does the abyssal pet do?

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

It's a pet. It follows you around and does nothing.

Lawl. This minigame does not have a great life expectancy. I don't care, really, I am just glad they didn't devalue Slayer with heavy handed rewards.

At least it will get the crowds off for a while, maybe.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

I kinda like the minigame ATM, it just makes a change from everything else. Its almost castle wars with an XP reward. Got my pet hand now aswell, now what would be epic is KBD pet, seriously why didnt they do that :wall:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

So what is stopping players from joining a game with 3 minutes till the end, finishing the game for the points, hoping worlds to another game with 3 minutes till it ends, finishing the game for points, hoping worlds....etc?

That could potentially add up to insane xp rates.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I got 1 head from 85-99 slayer plus around ~10k camped kills. I've had every single other thing on their drop table multiple times but only one head which i have mounted in my house. Shame you can't turn KQ and KBD heads into pets.. i've got plenty of them.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

So what is stopping players from joining a game with 3 minutes till the end, finishing the game for the points, hoping worlds to another game with 3 minutes till it ends, finishing the game for points, hoping worlds....etc?

Would require loads of luck in turning up at games with a few minutes spare, and getting in. There may be some IRC channels with enough players to get the idea going so watch this space I guess.

If you see some incredible records being broken over the next couple of days then you may be onto something, and get prepared to see the ban stick brought out of the cupboard.

In these first few days this game will jsut be PC. The game arena is to vast to have any good strategies, and will basically dominated by pkers.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This minigame is like CW except without the strategy. There needs to be level brackets in this game (like Pest Control), because it's so heavily combat-based. Noobs are totally useless, because unlike CW where they can place cades, zerg swarm, and d spear spec, they are just fodder in this game.

To make matters worse, most level 60-80 players have <70 slayer, meaning they are totally worthless. They can't capture points and they are too weak to make a difference against the Avatar. Therefore, teams can become extremely imbalanced, which really takes the fun out of the game for one side.

I also wish they gave new equipment for slaying, such a sword that has the power of a d long ordinarily but on a slayer task, its stats are boosted by 25% or a bow that is equivalent to a MSB ordinarily but shoots with 25% improved accuracy and damage on a slayer task.

td2sig.jpg

OK so I tried it. Pretty impressed in honesty, seemed very fair.

090210203315fc6.jpg

XP isn't bad for me either. Don't get me wrong it's not the best, but for something to play for fun it's nice.

60 Big Bones on the gamble btw if anyone is logging.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Would require loads of luck in turning up at games with a few minutes spare, and getting in. There may be some IRC channels with enough players to get the idea going so watch this space I guess.

If you see some incredible records being broken over the next couple of days then you may be onto something, and get prepared to see the ban stick brought out of the cupboard.

Well I would not reccomend it.

However when does it become jagex's responsiblity to check these things before releasing so that the potential is not there? I mean I have not even logged in today and already came up with that loop hole if it is even possible. They gave the players the portal to join games in progress, you get points for joining late, there are not multiple games per sever, and games start dependant on players. And they expect players not to think of this stuff?

I am not condoning bug abuse nor am I defending it. I am just responding to a pattern that will be used against those that find ways to bug abuse. Locks, after all, only keep honest people honest.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I am pretty sure that games start at the same time across all worlds. Maybe it was just this way this morning though and they will get out of sync eventually or whatever.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

They added to the news post.

We have made changes to the game engine behaviour responsible for deciding in which order players, familiars and NPCs are drawn in. Other players or NPCs will now no longer be hidden by bigger creatures (2x2 squares or above). Additionally, small NPCs and familiars (1x1 squares) will now take priority over other players, except in PvP worlds and in combat-based minigames.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I also wish they gave new equipment for slaying, such a sword that has the power of a d long ordinarily but on a slayer task, its stats are boosted by 25% or a bow that is equivalent to a MSB ordinarily but shoots with 25% improved accuracy and damage on a slayer task.

RSOF Quick Find: 15-16-209-58370257

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png