Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

Way to go with the stereotype. :roll:

Most people on Xbox live are decent to talk to, especially on CoD, and the ones that are [developmentally delayed]ed are just easier and more satisfying to blow away.

Matchmaking is great, you almost always get a full game. And btw, its the system L4D used to use on PC, people told them to change it, and when they did they [bleep]ed anyway.

Btw, Ive come across more idiots on Tf2 than on Halo 3. That doesn't mean Tf2 has a bad community, it just means it has its share of idiots, just like every community ever.

Yes, and with dedicated servers, guess what, I dont have to put up with the idiots. I can play with who I want, when I want, in whatever way I want. [developmentally delayed]s are not "more satisfying to blow away". They ruin games.

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant ruin a game with words, you can always mute them. Dedicated servers do NOTHING to reduce idiots. I've never seen a filter that says "server has no idiots playing". The only possible advantage to dedicated servers is that you can choose your map.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've never seen a filter which says "server has no idiots playing".

I have, its called a password.

So being able to choose who enters the server, and banning people who disrupt the game permanently is.... doing nothing to reduce idiots?

Tk5SF.png

If you know the password, then it's probably a server run by friends anyway. I really do think you should be able to connect to private servers, but thats not the same as playing one supported by IW.

Btw, unless they hack, there is no way for an idiot to ruin the game. It's hilarious when all they do is say stupid stuff into the mic, and if they do, just mute them!

Come to think of it, they could just add a votekick feature.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Come to think of it, they could just add a votekick feature.

but you know they wont. If people get kicked -> they get annoyed, -> they stop playing -> they dont pay for DLC.

Bads DO ruin the game. If you cant see why, you are clearly one of them.

Not to mention, it will hilariously easy to hack this new system. VAC is probably even worse than punkbuster for catching cheats, and p2p hosted games will basically enable the host to do whatever the [bleep] they want with enough technical know how.

Tk5SF.png

Right.

You continue your rant, and I'll be having fun. Pretty much all I can say is PC should have a votekick, and maybe lower the price around 10-15$. Other than that, there's no problem. Unless you have to choose between this and L4D2 or something, but then go for L4D2 anyway.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

you're playing MW2 on xbox? In that case, it was gonna be garbage even before last week's announcements.

And if you're switching over from xbox to PC... I guess you wont miss what you never had, but for the rest of us, its like moving from a nice 4 bedroom house to a damp box under an overpass.

Tk5SF.png

I dont know about you, but I had alot of fun on MW Xbox. If there's no gameplay difference (and there isn;t), then I don't give a flying [bleep] about the interface unless they give it the RE5 HUD or something.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

you're playing MW2 on xbox? In that case, it was gonna be garbage even before last week's announcements.

And if you're switching over from xbox to PC... I guess you wont miss what you never had, but for the rest of us, its like moving from a nice 4 bedroom house to a damp box under an overpass.

Stop [bleep]ing and moaning. Get over it. It cannot possible be THAT bad. If so don't buy MW2. Save you an extra 60$.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

Stop [bleep]ing and moaning. Get over it. It cannot possible be THAT bad. If so don't buy MW2. Save you an extra 60$.

We have our human rights to bitterly complain if we do not like something. Unless you've done dedicated servers before, you don't have a clue about the situation. IWnet would be like, for example, making Runescape host-based, and having 2000 people download from that one person. Not gonna happen.

So yeah, when you do get MW2 on the 360, enjoy your horrible latency of 200+ and hosts with Wal-Mart connections.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Why does everyone think that Xbox players live in blight and wish we could live in the promised land that is PC gaming? If it weren't for Valve PC gaming would just suck.

You say that as though Valve is the de facto PC developer that without, PC gaming would just suck. There's Blizzard, Bioware, Piranha Bytes, Interplay(their older self), etc.

Valve just had a more noticeable effect is all. And there was Infinity Ward, before this whole IWnet fiasco.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Why does everyone think that Xbox players live in blight and wish we could live in the promised land that is PC gaming? If it weren't for Valve PC gaming would just suck.

You say that as though Valve is the de facto PC developer that without, PC gaming would just suck. There's Blizzard, Bioware, Piranha Bytes, Interplay(their older self), etc.

Valve just had a more noticeable effect is all. And there was Infinity Ward, before this whole IWnet fiasco.

Add DICE to that list.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Add DICE to that list.

Ah, that's right, the Battlefield series, I knew one was slipping my mind. At least they know what PC gaming requires.

Personal opinion really, but I never actually liked any of the battlefield games. I don't really like Blizzard either. They're like if you had to pay for Runescape updates in exchange for a graphical update.

The reason I like Valve is because they constantly support their games for FREE. That is outstanding.

Bungie, the creators of Halo 3 would be the best console devs, but just think what they could do if they brought Halo to PC! If Halo 3 had easy mod tools like Valve gives, the universe would implode on itself. Imagine a Gmod type thing for Halo!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

...point proven, you have no idea what you're talking about.

also, for great game devs, cant forget ID, creative assembly (the total war series), ensemble (before they died), Nadeo (yeah they only do one game, but its [bleep]ing great.)

Tk5SF.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awu4NeTCPSc&feature=player_embedded

You can play in third person...private matches only thank god.

oh come on . This isnt even a [bleep]ing fps anymore?!

Obviously there will be an option to play that way, so just don't use it if you don't like it.

Hey kid, here's an idea. Quit crying, it won't change [cabbage]. Also, if you're not buying the game; get the [bleep] off the thread. :)

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Hey kid, here's an idea. Quit crying, it won't change [cabbage]. Also, if you're not buying the game; get the [bleep] off the thread. :)

No, and besides, don't call anyone a kid, especially since you yourself are probably not old enough to call a 18/19 year old a kid either. And we are humans, and have our rights to bitterly complain. How would you, a console gamer, like it if IW took out the multiplayer component of MW2? That's essentially what they did with us PC gamers, by removing our dedicated servers, and giving us a horrible matchmaking system that's easily abused.

...point proven, you have no idea what you're talking about.

also, for great game devs, cant forget ID, creative assembly (the total war series), ensemble (before they died), Nadeo (yeah they only do one game, but its [bleep]ing great.)

ID and CA both suck, Ensemble I agree was epic, and what game did Nadeo make? i'm always looking for sleeper hits.

I've seen no PC dev rival Valve. Bungie has certainly rivaled, but not surpassed them.

The point of all of this is that I personally prefer matchmaking to server browsers (except in tf2).

The thing you need to understand is that most if not all discussion on gaming is opinion based. You may be more into competitive gaming, and so understandably you want a server browser. I am more casual, so I'm indifferent. This can be applied to anything.

That is, unless you're comparingHalo 3 to Tf2, in which case Halo 3 wins by a LANDSLIDE /flamebait

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png