Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

I've got the new trailer up on my previous post if anyone hasn't seen it, but I'll put it up again here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlpQC44coTc

:wink:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I will still buy the game, but I guess I will just end up playing cod4 when I wana play multi.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

If it hasn't been posted, or you haven't read it, please read this and allow yourself to cancel your PC pre-order before it's too late!

I would've bought MW2 if it wasn't for IW being totally out of touch with the PC platform.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Just got it today.

Its fun online, but the graphics impare my vision to see the enemy most the time.

Also radar jammer a real pest, and I find the 4th kill bonus (you drop a support package) real useless, but the 5th(you aim a 1 shot missle at a target) really funny :D

edit:

Turns out you can steal support packages from opponents, some carry turrents

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Nubs getting it early. :( <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Just got it today.

Its fun online, but the graphics impare my vision to see the enemy most the time.

Also radar jammer a real pest, and I find the 4th kill bonus (you drop a support package) real useless, but the 5th(you aim a 1 shot missle at a target) really funny :D

edit:

Turns out you can steal support packages from opponents, some carry turrents

The 4th kill care package can have ANY kill streak in it apart from the nuke. Its weighted though; so most of the time you'll be getting UAVs and Predator Missiles rather than Ac-130s.

People in the UK can get MW2 for £23.95 without any trade in.

http://www.very.co.u...n%20warfare%202

and use the code: ZQ266 for £25 off

Thanks for that! I love you! I wasn't going to order this, and thanks to you I have.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

People in the UK can get MW2 for £23.95 without any trade in.

http://www.very.co.u...n%20warfare%202

and use the code: ZQ266 for £25 off

Thanks for that! I love you! I wasn't going to order this, and thanks to you I have.

BLEEP YOU! just kidding, is that a legit cite though?

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

If it hasn't been posted, or you haven't read it, please read this and allow yourself to cancel your PC pre-order before it's too late!

I would've bought MW2 if it wasn't for IW being totally out of touch with the PC platform.

It's sad because they mentioned that no dedicated servers would mean no cheaters. However unlike a dedicated server you can't even boot someone if they were cheating (which will happen). No console commands is silly, I know plenty of PC gamers who use them a lot -- especially in competition. And, again, 9v9 is ridiculous -- a modded L4D match can have more players than that and I was playing more than 9v9 deathmatches back in '99-'00 with TFC! I know that the reason for this is to try and "curb piracy" but good luck with that, they probably lost more sales from this move than they would from pirates.

It's sad because they mentioned that no dedicated servers would mean no cheaters. However unlike a dedicated server you can't even boot someone if they were cheating (which will happen). No console commands is silly, I know plenty of PC gamers who use them a lot -- especially in competition. And, again, 9v9 is ridiculous -- a modded L4D match can have more players than that and I was playing more than 9v9 deathmatches back in '99-'00 with TFC! I know that the reason for this is to try and "curb piracy" but good luck with that, they probably lost more sales from this move than they would from pirates.

About the player count in a game, PC users should be happy to even get this game, everyone else has had 9v9 and they dont [bleep] about it all day.

vcz3sx.png

About the player count in a game, PC users should be happy to even get this game, everyone else has had 9v9 and they dont [bleep] about it all day.

Right, we should be happy about a watered down console port that has less features than MW4 or even TFC/CS1.6 . Sounds like a totally fine idea.

You realize the PC went from supporting up to 64 or more players in a match for CoD4 to supporting this terrible 9v9, right? I'm guessing you really can't understand because you only play the console version, but no dedicated servers sucks balls for so many reasons. There is no reason to get MW2 for the PC now, it'd be better to just invest in an older shooter that has more features. Not to mention I'm sure another reason for this is so that IW can nickle and dime us on DLC maps as well, awesome =/. Why PC gamers are paying more for less is beyond me, I'd rather IW just drop PC support all together instead of just pretending to still care about the system.

If you dont like the game dont get it. And yes i am aware of the player count but ps3 has been 9v9 for cod4 so how is that a watererd down game? If anything COD4 was "watererd down" for ps3/360 users. And pc is the same price for ps3/360 so how is it more?

vcz3sx.png

If you dont like the game dont get it. And yes i am aware of the player count but ps3 has been 9v9 for cod4 so how is that a watererd down game? If anything COD4 was "watererd down" for ps3/360 users. And pc is the same price for ps3/360 so how is it more?

Abby, ignore the other consoles for a second. Let's pretend cod mw, and mw2 are only for PC. For MW, you could have mods, generally low pings, big games, and manually join servers. In MW2 you have none of that.

It costs more by, you know, costing 10$ more?

Though some would argue for PC it's free.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Abby, ignore the other consoles for a second. Let's pretend cod mw, and mw2 are only for PC. For MW, you could have mods, generally low pings, big games, and manually join servers. In MW2 you have none of that.

Exactly, even though I play on the 360, I can still see PC gamers getting boned. Abby quit being [developmentally delayed]ed for just a second to realize that.

Exactly, even though I play on the 360, I can still see PC gamers getting boned. Justcallmedaddy quit being [developmentally delayed]ed for just a second to realize that.

In America it isnt 10$ more, and consoles never had any of that so now its more balanced.

vcz3sx.png

Spoilers of a mission that might be controversial(sp?)

[hide=]

On one mission, your a under-cover american with a group of terroist, you go into a public airport and your murder hundreds of unarmed civilians(american I believe). Than you kill alot of national guard defense that arrived because of police reports, after killing them, you all head to an ambulance and begin to takeoff, you are the last person get on, the leader grabs your hand and then shoots you. [/hide]

Wow.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Spoilers of a mission that might be controversial(sp?)

[hide=]

On one mission, you're an under-cover american with a group of terrorist, you go into a public airport and your murder hundreds of unarmed civilians(american I believe). Than you kill alot of national guard defense that arrived because of police reports, after killing them, you all head to an ambulance and begin to takeoff, you are the last person get on, the leader grabs your hand and then shoots you. [/hide]

Wow.

[hide] :blink: So that's what the airport was about in the trailers. I thought you'd play AS a terrorist.[/hide]

-Random Youtuber

I can't believe that some people are trying to justify the changes to the PC version as making it more "balanced", I'm a console player and even I'm not stupid enough to deny that this version has really screwed PC gamers over.